Halo 3 Vs Gears of War multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jasper1675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jasper1675
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Here is the question Halo 3 just came out and of course everyone is playing it, but 2 months from now when it is time to log in and play online will you be putting Halo 3 in or Gears of War.

I have not played allot of Halo 3 online yet, but I'm almost through the campaign and I have to say the single player mode is incredible. But what about after I have beat it a few times and it is time to go kill people online. Do you think Halo will stack up to Gears of war. I know that Halo 3 has the map editor and I have not played with that and that looks awesome, you get to come back to life a ton in multiplayer, and you can have 16 guys playing. But does Halo have anything that stands up to team score 4 to 4 first to 5. Your entire team just died except you and now there is 4 of them looking for you and you are hidden away with your sniper rifle thinking how am I going to pull this one out.

Halo 3 multi player just seemed like allot of jump throw grenade shoot.

I personally think after a few days it will be back to Gears, but I'm curious what you think.

I'm not saying anything bad about either you should own both games they are that good.

lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lacrimosamo
Member since 2005 • 691 Posts
I think Halo 3 MP is way better than GeoW.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
halo 3 all the way. gears has like what 4 games modes i think it is, and they are all the same accept for annex witch is just retarded anyways. halo 3 has endless customization options, tons of game modes, a great matchmaking system, and the action is just great. ya sure the mp hasn't changed much since 2 but it didn't realy need to.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I personally think the Halo 3 online is nothing special.

Halo 3 is as deep as it is shallow.

There are tons of weapons, vehicles, nades, and stuff, but you use everything the same exact way.

You run up to a guy, shoot him, smack him, then do it all over again.

Run, just pump with the assault rifle, then they die.

Just yank on the trigger, thats all halo Multiplayer is, it requires no thinking, no skill, so its really just a generic shooter.

Theres no tactics, just run and gun, its really not gonna last me awhile.

Gears of war multiplayer is so much better. Tactics, and skill.

Its also much more entertaining being blown to pieces then just falling over.

Gears is just so much fun, and so entertaining in every way.

Even dying is funny, cause you just get mutilated.

Freddyk14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Freddyk14
Member since 2006 • 323 Posts
gears of war was amazing, yes- i played it for like 6 months straight. Halo 3 blows this out of the water though. The level designs areinsane and you can't beat thatthe matchmaking/online gametypes.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts
you really can't compare these mutiplayer experiences. They have very different techniques for mutiplayer and to compare them is just a waste of your time and my time...
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
They're both completely different games TPS and FPS but i personally like GoW more...
Prodigy117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Prodigy117
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts
I think halo is better because people dont quit as much. The matchmaking is much better in halo3. I mean when I played gears i would play one game a day when no one left or atleast giving a good reason for leaving. I have only run into one quitter in Halo 3 so far and he had a good reason.
army-of_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 army-of_one
Member since 2007 • 565 Posts

are you serious? thats like comparing a ferrarri (halo 3) to a ford station wagon (gears)

gears will NEVER have as good MP as halo, EVER.

But dont get me wrong gears has good MP just nowhere near as good as halo's

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

gears of war was amazing, yes- i played it for like 6 months straight. Halo 3 blows this out of the water though. The level designs areinsane and you can't beat thatthe matchmaking/online gametypes.Freddyk14

Yeah, but bungie had years to perfect halo online...give epic some time, the tide will turn.

Spiderman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Spiderman42
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
WEll lets see in halo3 you got Aholes jumpin around and in gears of war you got Aholes glitchin so HMMMMMMMMMMMM there almost the same in the im a glitchin, jumpin NOOB area LOL(just thought id point that out)
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

are you serious? thats like comparing a ferrarri (halo 3) to a ford station wagon (gears)

gears will NEVER have as good MP as halo, EVER.

But dont get me wrong gears has good MP just nowhere near as good as halo's

army-of_one

Bad analogy bro...very, very, very bad.

00697man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 00697man
Member since 2003 • 632 Posts

Here is the question Halo 3 just came out and of course everyone is playing it, but 2 months from now when it is time to log in and play online will you be putting Halo 3 in or Gears of War.

I have not played allot of Halo 3 online yet, but I'm almost through the campaign and I have to say the single player mode is incredible. But what about after I have beat it a few times and it is time to go kill people online. Do you think Halo will stack up to Gears of war. I know that Halo 3 has the map editor and I have not played with that and that looks awesome, you get to come back to life a ton in multiplayer, and you can have 16 guys playing. But does Halo have anything that stands up to team score 4 to 4 first to 5. Your entire team just died except you and now there is 4 of them looking for you and you are hidden away with your sniper rifle thinking how am I going to pull this one out.

Halo 3 multi player just seemed like allot of jump throw grenade shoot.

I personally think after a few days it will be back to Gears, but I'm curious what you think.

I'm not saying anything bad about either you should own both games they are that good.

Jasper1675

gears of war online sucks because once you die you're dead until the next round. I mean annexxe is kinda fun with the respawns but then again its just a game of king of the hill and i hate that game type. In halo you respawn a few seconds after dying in any gametype which is WAY better.

00697man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 00697man
Member since 2003 • 632 Posts

[QUOTE="Freddyk14"]gears of war was amazing, yes- i played it for like 6 months straight. Halo 3 blows this out of the water though. The level designs areinsane and you can't beat thatthe matchmaking/online gametypes.MERC_RECONN

Yeah, but bungie had years to perfect halo online...give epic some time, the tide will turn.

epic (the company behind gears) also created unreal tournament.. one of the best online shooters ever. They don't eed more time.

StupidHenchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 StupidHenchman
Member since 2006 • 912 Posts
Well, I havent played my 360 in six months (due to it breaking, me selling it, and being oblivious to the fact that I could have sent it back and got a new one in a matter of weeks.) But when I had my 360 all I played online was GOW. I went over to my friends house yesterday and played Halo 3 online for 3 matches and I can safely say that Halo 3 will be in my 360, when I get another one, for a long, long time.
Church069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Church069
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts

Both games have fun multiplayer, but Gears of War just got really boring after a small while and annex and the new maps did not add much to the mix either.

In fact I went back to playing Halo 2 online until Halo 3 came out, which is an awesome game. Halo 3 is just a better fufilling experiece with plenty of replay value in the many months to come.

In my mind, Gears of War just did not have a lasting experience that made me come back for more.

Clippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Clippi
Member since 2006 • 399 Posts

You CAN'T Compare these games.

Gears) You run and take cover and rely on your team mates to flank/outsmart the enemy. You shoot over cover and think of ways to get to the NEXT cover and keep shimmying your way down and shoot.

Halo) All out mayhem. You grab the biggest guns you can find and work your way around the levels. Throwing grenades, sticky grenades and going on vehicles with some friends on your vehicles also.

Two whole different concepts. If you could jump in Gears, and have swords etc. You could maybe compare them, but for these two games, you just can't.

There's downs in Gears, and there's downs in Halo 3. It's all a matter of opinion in my eyes.

eTrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 eTrace
Member since 2003 • 3042 Posts

I personally think the Halo 3 online is nothing special.

Halo 3 is as deep as it is shallow.

There are tons of weapons, vehicles, nades, and stuff, but you use everything the same exact way.

You run up to a guy, shoot him, smack him, then do it all over again.

Run, just pump with the assault rifle, then they die.

Just yank on the trigger, thats all halo Multiplayer is, it requires no thinking, no skill, so its really just a generic shooter.

Theres no tactics, just run and gun, its really not gonna last me awhile.

Gears of war multiplayer is so much better. Tactics, and skill.

Its also much more entertaining being blown to pieces then just falling over.

Gears is just so much fun, and so entertaining in every way.

Even dying is funny, cause you just get mutilated.

Shmiity
i laughed at this
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts

even though I love halo3 I think gears was a lot better. It was a new fresh expierience and I like 4 on 4 games instead of 8 on 8 . I just think halo is just another great but generic shotter.

kyle1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kyle1942
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts

i own halo 3 and gears and i think that gears is better. i dont know why so many people think the online sux. Go gow!!!

scotchtapegoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 scotchtapegoob
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
personally i think i'm going to back to gears of war in a couple weeks, me and a buddy beat the campain in halo 3 on legendary and it was cool, online though I like gears. When i play halo 3 everyone spawns around me when i try to pick up a weapon and it's bogus. I used to be addicted to CS and i liked how when you died for that round, you're done and have to wait to see what side wins. Gears ftw
ShowGo84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ShowGo84
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
Here's the scoop, in my opinion: If you take a look at Gears of War, the graphics are outstanding, yes. It's downfall is it's monotone colored look. As far as scenery goes, a good MP needs a vast scenery with vibrant colors and places that stand out and places that dont. The monotone coloring of Gears of War makes me feel isolated, contained in such a small space. Sure it's more intense when everyone on your team dies except you, but how fun is it if you have sit around for an hour waiting to fill in some mistakes and get back in the action? Fun, yet not quite. People only play halo with a jump, shoot, grenade tactic because lets face it, it works, and yet exciting all at once. You dont have to play like that either, but it raises your adrenaline thinking that at any moment you can be shot, stuck, exploded, so each time you have to play it safer, but it doesnt push people into camping and hiding like gears of war sort of forces you to do at times. There's vehicles in halo 3. There's shield grenades in halo 3. There's Elephant moving bases for capture the flag with a mongoose in the lower deck for an escape route, there's sniping, there's slashing, there's sticky grenades, there's jumping on another's vehicle and kicking their ass out. Gears of war... i'd rather not list again, but let's face it, there wouldnt be much to list. No offense, but other than the graphics, Gears of War was kind of a disappointment in some multiplayer aspects. Cheers =X
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#23 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i'll probably trade in gears of war, halo is better in every possible way.
nikehustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nikehustler
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts
GOW was a good game and lived up to the hype but it all comes down to what is more fun and that is Halo 3 for its unique maps all sorts of customization and playing with friends online with ease. Playing Halo 3 just brings back the good old days of hoggin boggin, zombie, and hide and seek, also ofcourse playing around in custom maps doing the rocket sword lunge, and screwing around with glitches o Halo 2.
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
I think the kids will move on to halo 3. I already got mine out of gears anyways
dangerd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dangerd0g
Member since 2007 • 239 Posts

GoW is stupid, if masterchief and that other dude for GoW got in a fight the oter guy would have his guts all over the place

HALO ALL THE WAY

Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts
Gears has been sitting on my shelf collecting dust and getting absolutely zero playtime since January, so no I don't think I'll be going back to it within 2 months.
supermanfarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 supermanfarr
Member since 2006 • 888 Posts
Gears has been sitting on my shelf collecting dust and getting absolutely zero playtime since January, so no I don't think I'll be going back to it within 2 months. gintheplacetobe

seems like the people who played halo2 multiplayer before geows came out like that better. I never played a online game till geows so that was my first experience. Halo 3 multi is ok just not my syle, I respawn and boom I dead from out of nowhere it gets old. I going to keep playing to see if I can get into it