Halo 3 should not win GOTY!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Disturbed_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Disturbed_King
Member since 2007 • 554 Posts

*puts up flame shield*

Before posting any replies, I want you to read my entire story as to why Halo 3 should not win GOTY first before replying, and that counts for all of you.

Let's start off here. When I first got Halo 3, I began it's single-player and I was having a pretty fun experience, but at the same time in my head, I was thinking "is it just me or has the overall quality of the acting and story gone way downhill ever since after Halo: CE?". But anyways, I went on with the story and I completed it, and I was completely disappointed on how it would take Bungie almost 3 years after Halo 2's release to deliver a story that's really watered down and short, and they say "this is the last Halo of the series" but yet it opens up for a cliffhanger ending?

WTF was Bungie smoking when they said Halo 3 would be the last game of the series when they clearly showed at the end that they would leave another cliffhanger...

But anyways onto the multiplayer. And yes I do know that everybody's reasoning why Halo 3 needs to be GOTY is it's multiplayer. But guess what...

News flash!!

The multiplayer has almost absolutely no difference from Halo 2's multiplayer, only thing new is the maps! And besides, I also wonder why everybody says this game is "the s***" because of it's multiplayer, but I've played almost 100 matches of online multiplayer in this game, and I must say, it's got the whole "jumping around and plasma grenades! OMG!" going around it but at the end it's really just an average FPS with sci-fi elements and...that's about it. So basically at the end, the multiplayer of this game is extremely overrated and has something going for it, but what Bungie doesn't understand is that H3's multiplayer doesn't match any other superb multiplayer games such as Rainbow Six Vegas and Call of Duty 4.

Quite simply put, Bungie had to have gotten lazy at some point during the development process of Halo 3, because a game like this does not take almost 3 years to make. Period. All Bungie has really done for us with Halo 3 is adding new maps to the mp mode, and a new story that's short. At the end, Halo 3 is really more of an expansion to Halo 2 rather than an actual "sequel" if you put your entire broad view on what the game has available. And yes I do know Halo 3 has forge and theater added to it which is indeed very innovative for Bungie to put in the game, but even those 2 features don't have it completely perfect in order to satisfy the game.

So to all people out there with an attention span of that of a typical midde-high school kid today (in which most of them only play mainstream games such as Halo, Grand Theft Auto, Madden, etc.), there are plenty of other games out there that came out this year with so much more put into them than Halo 3, and some of these great games didn't even need multiplayer to be beyond great games. Take for example Mass Effect, that doesn't have multiplayer but does that stop it from being one of the true golden games of this year and all throughout gaming history? No. Same goes with games like Bioshock and many others. And plus games like COD4 and others have a way more enjoyable multiplayer than extremely overrated crap like Halo 3. And yes I called Halo 3 crap for a reason, there's no such thing as "no reason" when I attack extremely over-hyped games like these.

In your replies, please tell me whether or not you agree with me on this statement, because quite simply put, compared to all the many other great games that came out this year, Halo 3 is not game of the year material at all.

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
No, Halo shouldn't win. Bioshock, Mass Effect and COD4 are all better than Halo. Not saying Halo is a bad game, it's just not the best.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts
I couldnt be bothered to read your whole post but I completely agree. Halo 3 was alright online with friends but was more like halo 2 then halo 3 and the graphics were nowhere near as good as some of the other games that came out a month or 2 after it. It should have never got a 9.5 and if it gets goty I will be surprised =/.
Avatar image for shadimoscouplos
shadimoscouplos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shadimoscouplos
Member since 2004 • 1572 Posts
DAMN I CANT READ ALL FO THAT!!! can you help me at my forum" HOLY CRAP Need help"
xDJxGodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xDJxGodx
Member since 2006 • 229 Posts
I lvoe that game but absolutely TRUE. Know matter how good it is, there is mroe original games. I'd much rather see Mass Effect, BioShock, gears, or any other game!
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
I don't think anyone except casual gamers thinks it should win GOTY...
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I couldnt be bothered to read your whole post but I completely agree. Halo 3 was alright online with friends but was more like halo 2 then halo 3 and the graphics were nowhere near as good as some of the other games that came out a month or 2 after it. It should have never got a 9.5 and if it gets goty I will be surprised =/.nooblet69

Same. Too much to read but your topic title was enough for me. I think the game has pretty fun multiplayer but it just felt so much like Halo 2 it started to get annoying (and old). Don't even get me started on the campaign that made me retrace my steps five times per level... It's not a horrid game but it's not NEARLY as good as people say it is. Too many fanboys trying to convince themselves that it's some amazing and/or groundbreaking game...

NVT773

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NVT773
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
When I read the title, I was like "OMG wut uh n00b, he dosnt liek H3", but after reading your arguments, I...well, I agree with you. I play H3 a lot and 98% of it is multiplayer. It's all the same as H2 with new maps and some new features. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE H3... A LOT, but it's just not GOTY material. There are better games out there....i guess.
IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IAmDazzle
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

Partner.... Halo is the last game in the Halo trilogy of FPSs.... What about Halo Wars? Bungie has already claimed the Halo IP is far from over. And seriously, no game will ever wing GOTY based solely on MP because the SP experience does still exist despite popular belief.

As for your argument being based mostly on MP (the SP stuff is your own opinion, and that doesn't mean you are right or anyone is), it cannot be as bad or rip-off ish as you say if a large majority of the gaming community likes it. Both "casual" and "hardcore" gamers alike agree that it is an enjoyable experience regardless. GOTY and things like that are voted on my the masses, but good MP does not get you GOTY.

To be honest, I think that BioShock or COD 4 (maybe Mass Effect, but I haven't played it yet) is going to get GOTY.

nintend-man86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 nintend-man86
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
it is halo 2 with better graphics. but halo 2 was fun as hell. This just is halo 2 on 360. All it is is pretty much an expanison pack if you will. PS i love this game.
Rynair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rynair9
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts

I don't think anyone except casual gamers thinks it should win GOTY...Scarface_tm431

I agree, no gamer who knows anything agrees halo 3 should get GOTY

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IAmDazzle

Also... the grammar in this ENTIRE thread, almost at least once in each post is total suxorz. Had to.

*prepares for "this is the internetzzz we dnt ndssz gramzorz" flame war*

petch117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 petch117
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts
its the end of the story arc doesnt mean thats the last halo ever made
AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlphaRail
Member since 2007 • 1789 Posts

Well for me considering graphics, multiplayer and single player, I'd definently have to say CoD 4,Mass Effect doesn't have multiplayer and the graphicsseem like clay,but definently the best single player campaign i've played in a long time. On halo, it isreally rubbish if you ask me, terrible graphics, boring single player and whoevershoots first multiplayer...

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Halo 3 was lots and lots of fun...But it is not GOTY material. The story wasn't as compelling as Mass Effect, the MP wasn't as fun (arguably) as COD4 and the overall package wasn't anything special. I'd be surprised if it wins, honestly.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Also... the grammar in this ENTIRE thread, almost at least once in each post is total suxorz. Had to.

IAmDazzle

Hater! Hater!!!! Put down the haterade man! Just read my previous post and calm down! I type like a champ online. I'm not a fan of bad grammar either but just look for the good!

Iron_Re4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Iron_Re4
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts

firstly halo 3 is a great game, both single player and multiplayer, its the stupid hype that the game recieved that made people expect more than necessary, imo if halo 3 was the first halo ever made, it wuda been given a whole lot more of attention, halo CE is still the best in the series......now onto the goty topic

its going to boil down to bioshock vs super mario galaxy.....and no mass effect wont be in there, cos of its glitches and sstuff....and my personal choice for GOTY is none other than

Super Mario Galaxy!!!!!!!!

Iron_Re4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Iron_Re4
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
the graphics are pretty good in halo 3.....i dont know why people keep hating on it, it seems like everyone these days is a graphicswhore......
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

I agree with all your points, except for music and voice acting, which I thought improved from CE. I love the Halo: CE score, thought the Halo 2 Vol 1 soundtrack was awful, but the Halo 3 OST was better than the first. But everything else, yeah, you're pretty much correct.

I'm personally hoping Mass Effect will get GOTY, if people can ignore its technical issues.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts

Im not reading that...

But no, it shouldnt but if it does then its all hype.

Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
I loved Halo3 but I've played alot of games this year that has wowed me more than Halo 3. Mass effect is just simply amazing and is a crown achievement in the art of game design. theres no way I could say halo is worthy of game of the year when it played like halo 2 but with a few new weapons.
Avatar image for marshiemallowma
marshiemallowma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 marshiemallowma
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
I wasn't even planning on buying the game, but I happened to see the last copy on a shelf at Target the day it came out, so I went ahead and bought it anyway. I beat the campaign, played a few online matches, and traded it in. As I thought during all of the months of production, it didn't live up to any of my expectations. It's definitely not worthy of Game Of The Year, but I'm sure it'll get at least a few awards due to all of the mindless fanboys who think holding down the right trigger and clicking down on the right thumbstick is fun.
IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IAmDazzle
[QUOTE="IAmDazzle"]

nickdastick

Hater! Hater!!!! Put down the haterade man! Just read my previous post and calm down! I type like a champ online. I'm not a fan of bad grammar either but just look for the good!

It has been a long time since I have seen the word haterade brother. I almost loled. That made my night.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

I can name acouple games better.

Like Call of Duty 4 and Mass Effect.

HVPinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 HVPinc
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

Not GOTY, but definently console FPS of the year (crysis, imo, is more competition than than COD).But let me just say,halo3 couldn't add much more without jsut freaking becoming a diff game.

Mulit player got maps, weapons vehicles game typesand editor. Wtf more do u want?

trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts
I absolutely LOVE Halo 3 but it isn't GOTY material........there are just too many better games......IMO it's gonna be either Mass Effect or BioShock
thoma7500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 thoma7500
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

*puts up flame shield*

Before posting any replies, I want you to read my entire story as to why Halo 3 should not win GOTY first before replying, and that counts for all of you.

Let's start off here. When I first got Halo 3, I began it's single-player and I was having a pretty fun experience, but at the same time in my head, I was thinking "is it just me or has the overall quality of the acting and story gone way downhill ever since after Halo: CE?". But anyways, I went on with the story and I completed it, and I was completely disappointed on how it would take Bungie almost 3 years after Halo 2's release to deliver a story that's really watered down and short, and they say "this is the last Halo of the series" but yet it opens up for a cliffhanger ending?

WTF was Bungie smoking when they said Halo 3 would be the last game of the series when they clearly showed at the end that they would leave another cliffhanger...

But anyways onto the multiplayer. And yes I do know that everybody's reasoning why Halo 3 needs to be GOTY is it's multiplayer. But guess what...

News flash!!

The multiplayer has almost absolutely no difference from Halo 2's multiplayer, only thing new is the maps! And besides, I also wonder why everybody says this game is "the s***" because of it's multiplayer, but I've played almost 100 matches of online multiplayer in this game, and I must say, it's got the whole "jumping around and plasma grenades! OMG!" going around it but at the end it's really just an average FPS with sci-fi elements and...that's about it. So basically at the end, the multiplayer of this game is extremely overrated and has something going for it, but what Bungie doesn't understand is that H3's multiplayer doesn't match any other superb multiplayer games such as Rainbow Six Vegas and Call of Duty 4.

Quite simply put, Bungie had to have gotten lazy at some point during the development process of Halo 3, because a game like this does not take almost 3 years to make. Period. All Bungie has really done for us with Halo 3 is adding new maps to the mp mode, and a new story that's short. At the end, Halo 3 is really more of an expansion to Halo 2 rather than an actual "sequel" if you put your entire broad view on what the game has available. And yes I do know Halo 3 has forge and theater added to it which is indeed very innovative for Bungie to put in the game, but even those 2 features don't have it completely perfect in order to satisfy the game.

So to all people out there with an attention span of that of a typical midde-high school kid today (in which most of them only play mainstream games such as Halo, Grand Theft Auto, Madden, etc.), there are plenty of other games out there that came out this year with so much more put into them than Halo 3, and some of these great games didn't even need multiplayer to be beyond great games. Take for example Mass Effect, that doesn't have multiplayer but does that stop it from being one of the true golden games of this year and all throughout gaming history? No. Same goes with games like Bioshock and many others. And plus games like COD4 and others have a way more enjoyable multiplayer than extremely overrated crap like Halo 3. And yes I called Halo 3 crap for a reason, there's no such thing as "no reason" when I attack extremely over-hyped games like these.

In your replies, please tell me whether or not you agree with me on this statement, because quite simply put, compared to all the many other great games that came out this year, Halo 3 is not game of the year material at all.

Disturbed_King

when i played it i really enjoyed some parts but i kept thinking how is this so hyped where is the excitement i cant see it in anyway.

your post is 100% correct and call of duty 4 is you beyond halo in single player and MP

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
No Halo 2.5 shouldnt win, I agree. Its ok but it looks like a Xbox game and imo didnt boost the series further.
redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 redmagic123
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts

WTF was Bungie smoking when they said Halo 3 would be the last game of the series when they clearly showed at the end that they would leave another cliffhanger...Disturbed_King
I would like to point out they said it would be the last game of the HALO TRILOGY and seeing as Halo is defeated/gone/destroyed whatever you want to call it then yes the HALO series is over but that does not mean we have seen the last of Master Chief.

Simple answer Bungie will probably make another game or series of games with the MC as the main character with a new title, new story, etc. you don't just drop a character or game like that when you make so much money from it.

As for GotY for H3 I would say yes because it has been my favorite this year, I think it was overhyped but more by the people then anyone else. I think people expected way too much from this game and were disappointed when it wasn't godly. My main reasons to make this GotY is because out of all the great titles out this year this is the only game I can see myself playing after I beat over and over again (which I have) and the MP makes its own game alone. Its personal preference and may not be a popular one on these forums but none the less it is my opinion on the game.

Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts
bioshock = love....
paskal1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 paskal1987
Member since 2004 • 164 Posts
What happened to jeff????
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts
I agree, also bioshock shouldn't get GOTY, i would be angry if it did because it is so overrated, i think it should be crysis or Mass effect.
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 michael098
Maybe even CoD4, infinity ward really did a good job with re-creating the chaos of modern warfare.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
i agreed with every word you said
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 michael098
Why do people think Bioshock should be GOTY? IMO it was a huge let down, it was hyped to be a revolutionary FPS and have moral decisions that effected the game, but all it had was some creative ideas, nice graphics and a great atmosphere and story, but the gameplay was lacking, plasmids brought nothing new to the genre, and all the moral decisions did was effect the end of the story, which is far from revolutionary, even red faction 2 had that!! the combat was nothing special, you didn't have to be smart about anything, you could just run in guns blazing and kill them all. There is nothing special about the A.I, i got through the game barley taking any notice to all the plasmids and weapon upgrades.
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 michael098

What happened to jeff????paskal1987

He died....

Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 Captain-Ichigo
Member since 2007 • 545 Posts
i can't believe he took the time out of his life to write that but i dont think halo 3 will notwin goty
DaKidLiLJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaKidLiLJ
Member since 2007 • 842 Posts

disturbedking. you suck. haven79

WOW!!!!!!! i just seen you on the other forum...and guess what...seems like thats your only insult...for a college boy thats pretty weak...every halo hater sucks to you lol...sad

thoma7500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 thoma7500
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

[QUOTE="haven79"]disturbedking. you suck. DaKidLiLJ

WOW!!!!!!! i just seen you on the other forum...and guess what...seems like thats your only insult...for a college boy thats pretty weak...every halo hater sucks to you lol...sad

yep he hates you if you dont like halo

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#41 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
Halo 3 shouldn't win GOTY, i have i hope's for Bioshock and Mass Effect
bike749

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bike749
Member since 2005 • 829 Posts
there is no game that can sell more that halo so halo is going win sorry rest of you.
Duckynevada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Duckynevada
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
i havent played mass effect or assassins creed yet cause im getting them for christmas b ut i realy think halo 3 is one of the best games out there i mean i love hopping into matches with my friend and seeing what type of map or game modes they created and then go back and watch me own them in slow motion through the theater
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
CoD 4 should win GOTY rather than halo 3. other than being technically superb to halo 3 in graphics and FPS(not that halo 3 looks bad or runs poorly or anything), they did something NEW for their Franchise. RPG style ranks with unlockables galore, along with a variety of maps (16 i believe), customizable classes, this game just deserves the hype that halo 3 received, and it sorta did, but it just shows how halo 3 merely ended the saga and didn't seem to do anything spectacular.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Agreed. Halo 3 was good, but there's a lot of competition out there.
JaySin8706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 JaySin8706
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
Halo is a good game, but to me its just another shooter in a VERY long line a shooters that keep showing up on the 360. I think Bioshock hands down should be game of the year, something totatlly different and original for once. Game developers need to come up with some more original ideas instead of just recycles the same old formula from previous games.
hyofinkl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#47 hyofinkl
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts
I'm sure very few unbiased gamers will say that Halo deserves to win GOTY. The game doesn't add enough new gameplay elements anda good storyline to be viable to win GOTY. Halo fans (like hardcore fans of other game series) refuse to accept the fact that their master chief has disappointed on so many levels.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
I agree, i would vote for bioshock or call of duty 4