Halo 3 online is odd, im either having loads of fun, or i hate it.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

the same thing happened to me when halo 2 came out.

in some games, im having a blast, and in others i think the game is total trash. whats odd is that i could be winning by a lot, and i could be hating it. or at other times i could be doing terribly, but having fun

its so inconsistent and i have no idea why. i mean, ive been in bad servers in other mp games, but my opinion on a game has never wavered so damn much in between rounds

actually, i kinda just bought halo to see how it ended. oh, and the co op which is always fun

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
bump?
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

i agree about both loving and hating it, and for coop as well. I like watching videos of 4 player coop and watching all the action.

But for multiplayer, as i recently told a couple people, i love some things and hate others. I hate shotty snipers. I hate the inconsistent sniper rifle (i use to be pretty good with it in H1 and 2). sometimes when i miss i swear I am right on him, and also when i hit i swear i didn't evencome close. I hate being able to shoot your shotgun and melee .1 seconds later

But i love other things as well (and some things i left out on the hate section). i dont feel like typing more so i'll leave it at that.

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
me 2 i will be having fun owning ppl then bam i have a game where i cant seem 2 do anything the only thing i hate is the inconsistent melee damage it make me angry
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Same here man. It's either really fun or I get so mad that I can't be around people until I cool off. I NEVER get mad at any game except the Halos.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
It's a good game except I hate how It always pick that one map you're so bad at. Today I ended up playing Guardian four times straight so I got off because of it.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
Same here man. It's either really fun or I get so mad that I can't be around people until I cool off. I NEVER get mad at any game except the Halos.Trickshot771

especially when you're a second away to getting your overkill achievement, so frustrating.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
I don't like Halo MP. But to play SP with friends is alot of fun.
chimichanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chimichanu
Member since 2003 • 112 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with the "how in the wild kingdom did I die that time?" moments that frequent Halo 2 and Halo 3's multiplayer more than any other game I've played. It's a mess and very inconsistent.
vikepunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vikepunk
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
i think they should have made more playlists. i like playing ffa games but i hate some of the game types they threw in the mix. if im in the mood for some ffa slayer i have to go through a bunch of other stupid gametypes like ninjanaut and oddball first. they should let you vote on the gametype rather than having you veto them
totaldj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 totaldj
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

one thing that bothers me about halo 3 multiplayer is that when yourun into 2 players or more...its obvious that your gonna die...

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
I don't know man, this topic's a littlewhiny but whatever.
spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts
Epitaph pisses me off, I hate that map. Oh and when you go to lazer someone through a chain link fence and it backfires and kills you.
OskaRTooL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OskaRTooL
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
the new meele system is really not that great it was way better in H2 in my opinion.
-MotownTigers-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -MotownTigers-
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

In other games you can pick your game type and possibly the map you want to play in - but not in Halo 3. If you wanna play CTF you should be able to. Being able to veto is not good enough. You veto a game type or map and end up playing a worst one, sucks. Some days you end up playing in the same maps over and over , random isn't random enough. Other than that, good game...until Call of Duty 4 comes out

jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts

To me, the halo series is only fun when play single player or split screen with buddies on the same tv. Co-op in h3 is awsome too. I never liked halo online multiplayer.

bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
I'm not a big fan of halo MP (i still like it, dont get me wrong, its holding me over until november) the one thing i just dont like at all about it is that you never know what map you'll play on and you can only veto it once. i havent even got to play all the maps cause i always get the same 4. it would be much better if you could pick what map you wanted to play on and then start matchmaking.
BrokenJaws219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#18 BrokenJaws219
Member since 2005 • 990 Posts

the new meele system is really not that great it was way better in H2 in my opinion.OskaRTooL

Yea too strong IMO.

I mean one shot of shotgun or mauler + melee hit = kill...

-Aus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Aus-
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts

I'm having fun with it. It's not complicated, pretty much pick up and play. I like it. It's nice to have different kinds of online shooters. If everything looked alike it would suck. H3 is pretty much the pick up and play simplistic online shooter for me. It's nice to have that sometime.

-Aus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Aus-
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts

In other games you can pick your game type and possibly the map you want to play in - but not in Halo 3. If you wanna play CTF you should be able to. Being able to veto is not good enough. You veto a game type or map and end up playing a worst one, sucks. Some days you end up playing in the same maps over and over , random isn't random enough. Other than that, good game...until Call of Duty 4 comes out

-MotownTigers-

You have Custom Games for that.

nrt25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nrt25
Member since 2005 • 670 Posts

I'm having fun with it. It's not complicated, pretty much pick up and play. I like it. It's nice to have different kinds of online shooters. If everything looked alike it would suck. H3 is pretty much the pick up and play simplistic online shooter for me. It's nice to have that sometime.

-Aus-
That is exactly how i view this game as well. Something very fun that isn't too deep, but I can pick up and get into a multiplayer game in minutes. Its like insta-action...
Paper_Knife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Paper_Knife
Member since 2006 • 1592 Posts
i always have fun, cept when i am paired with a de-ranker.
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

me 2 i will be having fun owning ppl then bam i have a game where i cant seem 2 do anything the only thing i hate is the inconsistent melee damage it make me angrynjean777

Eh, I know what you mean. I went from topping 3 matches in a row to getting owned by a 12 year old on a Ghost, the only vechile on the map, for the whole game. The worst thing was that my mic was broken and he was taunting me :(

Edit: There's a lack of anti-vechile weaponry on some maps..

Nec0Machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Nec0Machina
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts
I hate the matchmaking, partly because I'm forced to play gametypes that Bungie thinks are great but I don't enjoy, but mostly because of the people that I end up playing with. Literally every other game I have at least one person on my team who is either cursing and screaming racial remarks non-stop because their mom isn't in the room and they think it makes them cool, or they are doing something completely asinine like killing a teamate because they just picked up the weapon they wanted. It's too bad - I love the game when I play with friends who aren't acting like the idiots you get stuck with in match-making. I am glad that Bungie included 4 player coop over Live though - without that feature Halo 3 would have been a rental for me instead of a purchase.
Thigeic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Thigeic
Member since 2004 • 1083 Posts

Ive noticed I always have fun when there is alot of action. All players at the same area, thats when im having a blast.

But for the thing about having fun and winning... I always pwn so I have fun and borred winning :)

InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts
Thats pretty much how every game is, not just Halo.
Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chokobo
Member since 2006 • 66 Posts

The "There aren't enough playlists" arguement is a cop out excuse for an arguement IMO. Theres Lone Wolves, Team Slayer, Team Objective, Team Tactical, Team Doubles, Rumble Pit, Big Team Battle, and Multi Team. They just lowered the occurence of Shotty Snipers in the Team Slayer playlist, so that is not an issue anymore. There's plenty of variety IMO.

I find the "Love it, Hate it" mentality with a lot of games. Counter Strike for instance. I can go 25-1 and feel bored, or I ca go 5-19 and want to keep playing. Its just something that happens in games sometimes, although, the few times I played Halo 3, I would have to agree that the sniper rifle seems way too random now.

Thigeic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 Thigeic
Member since 2004 • 1083 Posts

-MotownTigers-

You can do that, but if you want choice, go for Sosial Playlists.

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

I think it has a lot to do with the "how in the wild kingdom did I die that time?" moments that frequent Halo 2 and Halo 3's multiplayer more than any other game I've played. It's a mess and very inconsistent.chimichanu

This is exactly the problem. Most times I'll be pwning all over the place, and comfortably ending in the top 2 on the scoreboard, but sometimes for no reasons there will be a game where I'll come off worse from every melee, despite me doing nothing different, and I wanna throw the joypad across the room ;)

ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts
I dont know I seem to like Halo3 Matchmaking and I like the part you can choose for Good Connections only... Plug and Play lol..
BigRobbyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BigRobbyP
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

thnk you one of the smartest things said on this post. all games have issues like this. custom games is your solution to your map problem. as far as the shotgun and mauler goes...if you don't wanna instantly die quick tryin to charge at ppl and melee them, if you see someone with either of those guns start running back and dump off on them with an automatic weapon i do it all the time b-cuz it cracks me up when ppl try and charge at me i just keep running back and blasting off at their head ha haha god i love halo 3 lol

Thats pretty much how every game is, not just Halo.InjuredNoodle

SirCokerThe1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 SirCokerThe1st
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
300 plus games and i've never hated the game, except one day when we had thunderstorms real bad and i couldn't play :(
Sydwynder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sydwynder
Member since 2004 • 643 Posts
They just came out with an update that reduces Shotty Snipers by a lot on Team slayer. The melee thing was also explained on Bungie.net. Basically, if 2 players try to melee at the same time, the one with more health left over is theone who survives the encounter. I love and have been having a lot of fun. I find the matchmaking to be a lot faster than H2, which is nice. I do want to play ranked games on Sandtrap though, that map is SICK
Corpchiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Corpchiz
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
The thing that makes me angry is the retarded achievements!!! I can win a game with just the AR and melee and get like 20+ kills, but if i want to get more armor unlocks and the katana, then I have to go through all the crap just to get a 5-point achievement. ARG!!! That makes it frustrating for me.