Halo 3 being over-hyped?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts
We all know because of the numerous threads that people make about what the top 5-15 game that people want this year that Halo 3 is on most people's mind, but is this game being overhyped and overestimated. There are a lot of other FPS (Bioshock, COD4 to name a few) plus tons of games in other genres. Is Halo 3 going to fall short of the massive hype that it's getting both online and in single player?
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
We all know because of the numerous threads that people make about what the top 5-15 game that people want this year that Halo 3 is on most people's mind, but is this game being overhyped and overestimated. There are a lot of other FPS (Bioshock, COD4 to name a few) plus tons of games in other genres. Is Halo 3 going to fall short of the massive hype that it's getting both online and in single player?CNUrGames
Ask this same question on september 25..People on these forums really lack a sense of the obvious.I mean come on you see the incredible pre orders you see the past of previous halo isnt it obvious it will do incredible?man grow some common sense.THese threads just pisses me off.
Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts
I think that in order for Halo 3 to live up to all its hype critics everywhere would have to give it an 11/10. I'm not saying it will be bad but it is overhyped. Especially considering all the other great FPS games coming out.
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
im just mad at microsoft for over milking the halo franshise i mean a halo zune halo accesories halo xbox 360 at this rate might as well name the xbox 360 the halo 360 lol
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
Halo 3 is gonna be awesome, theres a reason its on everyones wishlist.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
does it really bother people when many people like a certain game? I've seen so many threads saying that halo is over-hyped...but why should it matter in the first place if a game sells well, even if you others don't like it?
greenhornet211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 greenhornet211
Member since 2005 • 41 Posts
Halo was the s*** when it first came out. Its still an alright game, but its completely overrated now, and theres a lot better games out there. It's gotten to the point to where I get pissed whenever I hear someone get excited about the game. GET OVER IT!
zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 zappa02
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

Did everyone forgot what Bungie said. Bungie said this is what Halo 3 will look like in Real time gamplay or even better when they get it Finnish and when it comes out in 9/25/2007.

Here's the link to the Video of them saying that. http://youtube.com/watch?v=rkJpsJzfE1MSo yea I would not say its over-hyped. Because you have not even played it yet or any of use. We have not seen the Finnish product of the game yet so please don't say its over-hyped because its not. And the New Trailer we sill at E3/07 looked amazing to me and its going to be the Best game of 2007 and the Best game of all time for the 360. I can't wait to play this game and its campaign mode and MP online, and 4 player co-op online mode, its going to be so amazing and fun.

KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts

[QUOTE="CNUrGames"]We all know because of the numerous threads that people make about what the top 5-15 game that people want this year that Halo 3 is on most people's mind, but is this game being overhyped and overestimated. There are a lot of other FPS (Bioshock, COD4 to name a few) plus tons of games in other genres. Is Halo 3 going to fall short of the massive hype that it's getting both online and in single player?OoSuperMarioO
Ask this same question on september 25..People on these forums really lack a sense of the obvious.I mean come on you see the incredible pre orders you see the past of previous halo isnt it obvious it will do incredible?man grow some common sense.THese threads just pisses me off.

Don't post in them then if they piss you off that much. Also yeah I think HALO 3 is over-hyped regardless of the amount of pre-orders, which actually clarifys my point of it being over-hyped due too so many.

grayoldwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 grayoldwolf
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts

We can't say it's overhyped until we've played it and the reviews are in. It may indeed turn out to live up to the hype, we just don't know yet. It's being hyped as a AAA title. If it gets AAA scores, then by definition it was not overhyped. If it scores less, then yeah, it was overhyped.

At the end of the day, it's only arrogance if you're wrong.

adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts

if u want some ppl to agree with u, post this on SW!

Halo 3 will pwn every other game, but then again i'm a halo fanboy;)

fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
Um...you know how many threads we have about every AAA title being overhyped? Gears of War overhyped! Halo 3 overhyped!...bah...lay off.
easteast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#14 easteast
Member since 2004 • 6407 Posts
I don't think it's being over-hyped. It deserves all the attention it's getting.
kyletoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kyletoker
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
man we all know there is a lot of other good fps's and a lot of us will be picking those up too, but man, its halo