Halo 2 achievments coming to 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vidiofreak
Member since 2003 • 427 Posts
So I read an article about it, and I was confused. We need to have Windows Vista in order to get these achievments or can anyone with Halo 2 getthe achievments?
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
can you post a link to this article please
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
no, i remeber the bungie update where they talked about it, and they said playing the wondows vista version of halo2 is the only way to get those nifty halo2 achievments.
vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vidiofreak
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74372
vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vidiofreak
no, i remeber the bungie update where they talked about it, and they said playing the wondows vista version of halo2 is the only way to get those nifty halo2 achievments.wreak
So instead of giving the achievemnts to loyal Halo 2ers from xbox. They give it to PC users? wow.
Southwind20C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Southwind20C
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts
Well, it would probally be difficult to implement a acheivement system into a finished game. People would have to get acheivements for things they've done. Windows Vista version will be basically a new game, they can already program it in and put it on the CD. No updates to make and no stress if it doesn't go right. They probally did it for a spin to get more PC users of Halo 2.
Chaos_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Chaos_Man
Member since 2003 • 2346 Posts
It would make sense since Games for Windows Live is launching the same day as Halo 2 for Vista. I'm sure that and ShadowRun will showcase achievements.
Avatar image for lukasz_erecinsk
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 lukasz_erecinsk
Member since 2004 • 1235 Posts
Interesting but odd.... I mean, it has been years since Halo 2 came out ... It would be great though .
Chaos_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Chaos_Man
Member since 2003 • 2346 Posts
Well the real point is almost everyone loves Halo2. So they remastered it for Directx 10 to make it look really perdy and all. Since it does require DX10 you need Windows Vista. So how many people will buy Vista now to play Halo2 to get the achievements? It's marketing really.
Sam_Lowery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sam_Lowery
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

[QUOTE="wreak"]no, i remeber the bungie update where they talked about it, and they said playing the wondows vista version of halo2 is the only way to get those nifty halo2 achievments.vidiofreak
So instead of giving the achievemnts to loyal Halo 2ers from xbox. They give it to PC users? wow.

They can't put achievements into old Xbox1 games because they would need to rewrite the code. Halo 2 isn't even out yet for the PC so they put that in. They're going to have achievements in lots of PC games from now on but they can't add them to old ones. And I think people are going to need Vista to even play Halo2 on PC

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#11 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
[QUOTE="wreak"]no, i remeber the bungie update where they talked about it, and they said playing the wondows vista version of halo2 is the only way to get those nifty halo2 achievments.vidiofreak

yeah, theres no point in putting achievements on the old xbox and theres no point putting 360 achievements on an xbox game so they do the achievements for Windows Live which is essentially the same thing.
stricky55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stricky55
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts

So instead of giving the achievemnts to loyal Halo 2ers from xbox. They give it to PC users? wow.

are you serious complaining about gamerpoints ? what has the gaming world come to, you loyal halo fans still get halo 3 about 2 years before the pc gets it.

vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vidiofreak

[QUOTE="vidiofreak"][QUOTE="wreak"]no, i remeber the bungie update where they talked about it, and they said playing the wondows vista version of halo2 is the only way to get those nifty halo2 achievments.stricky55

So instead of giving the achievemnts to loyal Halo 2ers from xbox. They give it to PC users? wow.

are you serious complaining about gamerpoints ? what has the gaming world come to, you loyal halo fans still get halo 3 about 2 years before the pc gets it.

Well I was confused about if they were releasing achievments for the people who have been playing halo 2 on xbox.. or just the PC version. Im not mad about it. I just think its weird.