Guitar Hero 2 tips

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lilz1204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lilz1204
Member since 2003 • 679 Posts
I only played easy so far with my 3 fingers and I tried out medium and found it a lil bit hard.So what technique do you use to push the blue and orange button?
philhilluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 philhilluk
Member since 2004 • 1007 Posts
At the moment I am using my pinky to push the blue button.   When I move to Hard I am going to have to move my hand down so that pinky pushes the orange button and index pushes both green and red..... its not going to be easy to retrain myself though..... I just know it and cant face the change at the moment - lol
xelloss88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xelloss88
Member since 2006 • 5187 Posts
You should if you haven't play the tutorial, you learn a lot of stuff to figuring out how to play well. Also what I didn't know is you Don't Have to press the buttons every time you strum. You can just hold down the notes if the are the same buttons in a row. (learned that on Guitar Hero 1 but was a hard habit to break if you hit the buttons every time)
Sonicxtacy02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sonicxtacy02
Member since 2007 • 94 Posts
on a quick sequence of notes dont forget the strummer can be strum up AND down. Alot of people struggle because they only strum in one direction.
slayer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 slayer85
Member since 2006 • 926 Posts
strum up and down, and you eventually gotta teach yourself ot move your hands up and down the board, if you dont learn to do that then you cant ever get that good
Jaimzl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Jaimzl
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

i own guitar hero 2 for ps2 and i can play most songs on expert i suggest when your on medium just slide your ring fingure up to blue because it has more dextarity. you have to find a pattern in each song so u can slide your fingures up and down. when you get to hard put ur index fingure on red middle on yellow ring fingure on blue and pinky on orange and whenever there is a green just slide down because ur index has more dextarity so it is easier than sliding ur pinky up to orange. take the tutorial on hammerons and pull offs extremly useful in hard and expert