GTAIV may be delayed due to EA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 0

#1 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/news.html?sid=6188885&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

Do we honestly need another reason to hate EA?

Mabooza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mabooza
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts
I really don't see that happening. The release date in only three weeks away. The game is most likely gold and off to press. It would cost them a ton to pull back at this point.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
EA should back the f off. let the smaller companies be allready
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I guess it's fair. 2 percent is a lot. And people dont realize how much money goes into developing video games and publishing them. As long as they ship this thing out by summer. There's plenty of games to play at the moment.

But then again, I'm concerned about Take-Two. They said they're running low on cash. And EA is pretty much screwing them over. I guess it's always about the money for EA.

hschaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 hschaf
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

that is one guys OPINION about how ea MIGHT push back the release date. he has absolutely no idea what the f- ea would do if they bought them out. im sure gta 4 will be released on the 29th no matter what.

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
You're going to hate EA over what some idiot analyst says? Have you seen the other things Pachter says? He always either states the totally obvious (such as Wii be the top console of it's first Xmas) or stuff that is completely ridiculous. There's absolutely no way GTA IV will be delayed again, with all the promotions being done with it and such
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#7 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

I just hope this guy is wrong (which apparantly he usually is judging from what I just read on his previous analysts) because the last thing GTAIV needs is another delay over something as redundant as this

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11995 Posts
I don't see another delay coming.
Mabooza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mabooza
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts

You're going to hate EA over what some idiot analyst says? Have you seen the other things Pachter says? He always either states the totally obvious (such as Wii be the top console of it's first Xmas) or stuff that is completely ridiculous. There's absolutely no way GTA IV will be delayed again, with all the promotions being done with it and suchScarface_tm431

I agree. For an analyst, Pachter doesn't really seem to understand the video game biz. The momentum behind this game is so huge that even EA wouldn't dare stand in its way to market. Think of all the pre-hype marketing already out there branded with April 29. Plus, retailers, Microsoft, Sony, and most other publishers are all banking on this title coming out this quarter. There's far too much external pressure to delay it now. Oh, and EA isn't the only publisher motivated by profit.

draftrough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 draftrough
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts
No, your wrong. There will be no delay.
Pennockk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pennockk
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts

Trust, if GTA is postponed... again! ill go mental honestly. ive pre-ordered and cant wait for it to be released, ive been waiting for ages along with loads of others! lets just hope this is all nonsence so i can get this game ASAP!

robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts
If GTA gets delayed I will never by another EA game
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Ugh, EA...did I mention how much I hate you today?
ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/news.html?sid=6188885&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

Do we honestly need another reason to hate EA?

skinny_man_69
I no longer buy EA games.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scarface_tm431
Everyone who hates on EA should be doing the exact same thing to Activision
SHiFTY_v4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SHiFTY_v4
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts

DO NOT BUY EA GAMES!

All they want is your money! I do not see why people have not figured this out yet. The only reason why they want to delay the game is to add downloadable content to it that you have to pay for ...like things that should be in the game. EA will not make this game any better ..except add there laggy dedictated servers for online play and bad support to the consumers. Besides, every game released can always be better, no game will ever be perfect.

Many Battlefield fans are boycotting against "Battlefield: Bad Company" because of this. If you want to be a part of this head over to http://forums.ea.com/mboards/forum.jspa?forumID=4246 and let EA know that this is NOT acceptible.

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Scarface_tm431

DO NOT BUY EA GAMES!

All they want is your money! I do not see why people have not figured this out yet. The only reason why they want to delay the game is to add downloadable content to it that you have to pay for ...like things that should be in the game. EA will not make this game any better ..except add there laggy dedictated servers for online play and bad support to the consumers. Besides, every game released can always be better, no game will ever be perfect.

Many Battlefield fans are boycotting against "Battlefield: Bad Company" because of this. If you want to be a part of this head over to http://forums.ea.com/mboards/forum.jspa?forumID=4246 and let EA know that this is NOT acceptible.

SHiFTY_v4

1)Rockstar already has announced (with dates) that there will be episodic DLC content OMG Lyk Dey Jus want j00r MoN3yZ!

2)They never charge you for DLC of things that 'should be in the game'

3)EA's servers are no worse then any other servers

4)As well, they wouldn't be making the game, simply publishing it. This is what they do with Rock Band, which I personally think has THE BEST support for consumers on Live

Avatar image for patsfan4liferjn
patsfan4liferjn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 patsfan4liferjn
Member since 2007 • 1253 Posts

its not gonna happen... case closed

_RA0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _RA0_
Member since 2007 • 855 Posts

DAMN EA TO HELL ~!!!

SHiFTY_v4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SHiFTY_v4

Weapons should already be in the game. The game has not even been released yet, yet they are still planning on releasing these weapons as DLC payable only. ..Lol, that tells you something.

Bad Company is just a quick money campaign to test out their new Frostbite Engine.

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Scarface_tm431

Weapons should already be in the game. The game has not even been released yet, yet they are still planning on releasing these weapons as DLC payable only. ..Lol, that tells you something.

Bad Company is just a quick money campaign to test out their new Frostbite Engine.

SHiFTY_v4

There are weapons already in the game, and the DLC ones don't have any advantage over the ones already in the game, there's always something equal to them. I didn't see you crying when R6V had packs of maps and weapons that you had to pay for, or any other games that have them. Every company does that, so stop having a double standard

woodyhou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 woodyhou
Member since 2003 • 335 Posts
I do not buy EA games anymore. My main reason is they advertise waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much with in game ads.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
its like 20 days away...why would they delay at the last second? i hope they dont delay it.
SHiFTY_v4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SHiFTY_v4
[QUOTE="SHiFTY_v4"]

Scarface_tm431

There are weapons already in the game, and the DLC ones don't have any advantage over the ones already in the game, there's always something equal to them. I didn't see you crying when R6V had packs of maps and weapons that you had to pay for, or any other games that have them. Every company does that, so stop having a double standard

THE GAME HAS YET TO BE RELEASED.

It is different if the game has been out for months or so. But if the game hasnt even come out yet and they want you to pay for weapons is just another EA scam.

..im not even gonna comment on Vegas ..never even played that game due to the Frames and have no idea where you came up with that.

blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
EA bought out Pandemic and Mercenaries 2 was delayed soon after. So it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility. So bring on the internet nerds to explain in painful detail how the situations are different and why I'm a n00b and GTAIV will pwnz0r Mercs 2.
mrb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 mrb45
Member since 2006 • 174 Posts

I don't care what anyone thinks. EA is bad for the game industry. They just churn out a sequel every year and never push for innovation. All of the small companies who use to create original IP's and Gameplay ideas Get bought out and forced into an endless cycle of quick dollar releases of games they already made. EA is destroying creativity in the industry. Look at Madden. They use to have to improve there game to compete with other companies. Now they Buy the NFL licence and sell you the same game every year with a roster update. I thought there laws against the monopoly EA is trying to create.

I don't think GTA4 will be delayed though they already have the launch posters up and the midnight release ready at my local game-stop.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i hope its not delayed to bad for ea because thier sucking. adds in their games, games isn't what it could be.
Galadreil782

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Galadreil782
Member since 2007 • 3027 Posts
Why cant EA back off for 3 weeks or so? I mean, is that going to harm them that much? Even if they try to buy out Take-Two on May 1st, or April 30th .. JUST LET THEM GET GTA OUT!
Grave_of_Guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Grave_of_Guns
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts

It is different if the game has been out for months or so. But if the game hasnt even come out yet and they want you to pay for weapons is just another EA scam.

..im not even gonna comment on Vegas ..never even played that game due to the Frames and have no idea where you came up with that.

SHiFTY_v4

Ummm...wow, the whole point of DLC is to add extra content, not to get you a/an (insert moronic idea for DLC i.e hotdog), but to give you new weapons, maps, characters, etc. It's idiotic of you to complain about having to buy extra content, cannot stress the extra enough, because extra content is usually....purchased. Take an extended warranty for example, it costs extra because it does not come with it....it's extra. So think before you speak, or in this instance type.

--Anyways back on topic, I wouldn't be surprised if they delay it. If EA does buy them out I have no doubt in my mind EA will pull some stunt and delay GTA's release.

And the reason they want to buy them out before the release of GTA is probably because they want to benefit from the release of GTA, in other words...they want a chunk of the money. Or put plainly...profit! Why else does one company buy out another company?

bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
Doubt it. EA may be stupid, but I don't think they would be that stupid as to cause the delay of GTA 4 with 3 weeks left til release.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Scarface_tm431
[QUOTE="Scarface_tm431"][QUOTE="SHiFTY_v4"]

SHiFTY_v4

No ones making you pay for them, and as I said before there isn't anything there that can't be rivaled by something already in the game so I don't see why you're complaining about it. I used Vegas as a thing to compare to...if you odn't play that and complain about the frames I'll use the other two popular XBL titles: Both Halo 3 and COD4 have map packs that you have top pay for, a Halo3 one just became free to rivals COD4's new pack. So to quote myself from my last post: Every company does that, so stop having a double standard

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
[QUOTE="SHiFTY_v4"][QUOTE="Scarface_tm431"][QUOTE="SHiFTY_v4"]

Scarface_tm431

No ones making you pay for them, and as I said before there isn't anything there that can't be rivaled by something already in the game so I don't see why you're complaining about it. I used Vegas as a thing to compare to...if you odn't play that and complain about the frames I'll use the other two popular XBL titles: Both Halo 3 and COD4 have map packs that you have top pay for, a Halo3 one just became free to rivals COD4's new pack. So to quote myself from my last post: Every company does that, so stop having a double standard

I don't think that's really a double standard. Halo 3 had been out for months when they released the map packs;what you pay for is continued support of a game you love. With GTA4 you will have to pay for content that was developed at the same time as the retail package and could have easily been included in the game. True, no one's forcing you to buy it, I just think that it sucks to have to pay extra money for some more variety.

SHiFTY_v4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SHiFTY_v4

What i am trying to say is, is that this can NOT be considered "extra content" ..The game isnt even out yet, they still have the ability to put these in the final version.

Extra Content is things that come out after the game has been released. So the game doesnt die down.

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Scarface_tm431
Maybe they're focusing on other aspects of the game instead of taking up space on the disk for those weapons? Or maybe they will put those in the final version. They had a DLC schedule announced for Rock Band before it was released too. And that's my point, money, he's making it seem like it's a huge EA conspiracy toget your money yet Rockstar already has set dates for when they're releasing their DLC content, they took some extra cash from MS to have this episodic content exclusive for 360 as well. Every business just wants more money and it seems most people who say they hate EA because all they want is money are kinda hypocritical
Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
Not happening. GTA IV will 99.99% be released on April 29th.
carpon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 carpon
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts
[QUOTE="Scarface_tm431"][QUOTE="SHiFTY_v4"]

SHiFTY_v4

Except the best guns are already in the game. The only person who is going to buy the guns they offer are gun nuts, or people who just can't stand to see blank spots in their unlock screen, and that is exactly what EA is betting on.

Grave_of_Guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 Grave_of_Guns
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts
Also, they probably think of it this way. Even if it is delayed does it really stop you from buying it? Probably not, they are counting on this, they know, or hope might be a better word, that this will help them make a profit and give them no reason to not delay GTA. It's logical yet ....stupid (paradoxical I know).