GTA 5, Dead Rising 3, or Halo MCC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Killua_Zoldyck
Member since 2015 • 59 Posts

I'm looking for something new to play, any suggestions are welcomed! Thanks!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

I'd say Halo, but I'm biased... but GTA is also pretty awesome.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I liked DR3 but the choice should just be between MCC or GTA5. Both have tons of content, so you get great value for your $. It really depends on your tastes, MCC is a collection of re-mastered existing Halo titles, whereas GTA5 is a brand new GTA game(it's a last gen port but I mean it is new for you if you never played it). MCC is retailing for around 25-30$ these days I think, so if you can find it at a good price might as well get both.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

MCC IMO.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Killua_Zoldyck

@Alucard_Prime said:

I liked DR3 but the choice should just be between MCC or GTA5. Both have tons of content, so you get great value for your $. It really depends on your tastes, MCC is a collection of re-mastered existing Halo titles, whereas GTA5 is a brand new GTA game(it's a last gen port but I mean it is new for you if you never played it). MCC is retailing for around 25-30$ these days I think, so if you can find it at a good price might as well get both.

True, and GTA 5 looks pretty dang good on the current gen hardware. I just looked up the game's length, and apparently it'd take about 33 hours to beat the story mode. That's insane!

How long does it take to beat MCC's campaigns?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice

@killua_zoldyck said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

True, and GTA 5 looks pretty dang good on the current gen hardware. I just looked up the game's length, and apparently it'd take about 33 hours to beat the story mode. That's insane!

For me not speed running and just enjoying the games, eh, about 50 -60 hrs.

Coincidently, a few weeks ago I watched a guy on Twitch do a run at the world record speed run for MCC and was blown away at all the tricks he used and skipped whole areas a lot of the time and just all kinds of crazy stuff. He missed the W.R. by like 5 minutes and done all the campaigns in like 8 hours 10 minutes :O

Unreal !!!!

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Killua_Zoldyck

@SecretPolice said:
@killua_zoldyck said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

For me not speed running and just enjoying the games, eh, about 50 -60 hrs.

Coincidently, a few weeks ago I watched a guy on Twitch do a run at the world record speed run for MCC and was blown away at all the tricks he used and skipped whole areas a lot of the time and just all kinds of crazy stuff. He missed the W.R. by like 5 minutes and done all the campaigns in like 8 hours 10 minutes :O

Unreal !!!!

That's cool, so it does have a lot of content then. I actually played the MCC twice, but I feel that I didn't quite give Halo a chance, ya know? I'm trying to play all of the available exclusives on my XB1, so that's why I'm leaning more towards MCC rather than GTA 5.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice

@killua_zoldyck:

Oh heck yeah, loads of content and GTA5 has a lot as well but I've played more MCC than GTA5. I've got to get back to GTA5 sometime soon.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I'd pick up MCC personally, but GTAV is a safe bet as well. I'm just not into the GTA games anymore.

Dead Rising 3 is bound to be free with GWG at some point (could be awhile though).

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

GTA 5!

diskserious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#11 diskserious
Member since 2003 • 293 Posts

@killua_zoldyck: I enjoyed all three but Dead Rising 3 was the most fun for me.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Since the mid 80's I have always loved Dawn of the Dead and somewhat coincidentally, Dead Rising was my first game on the 360. All of the DR games have been fun with a large degree of helplessness and isolation surrounding them but the third was lacking. Of course it was fun with plenty of content but it might have had TOO much content and area.. All three games the O.P. listed are worth playing but I see more overall content and continuation of play on GTAV and MCC. I'd probably pick which ever one was on sale at the time. As a matter of fact, after receiving the free ODST code I decided to pick up MCC again because the content is vast and it was on sale for $34.99 (minus a coupon as well) do I paid about thirty.