This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swtich_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Swtich_fire
Member since 2006 • 259 Posts

okay i am new to the 360, but i am looking for a game with a great story, the longer the better, i have a ps2, a ps3, an original xbox, and of course the 360. a game for any of them would be fine, i just want to play a game with a captivating story,, i finished eternal sonata, and i just started lost Odyssey. ive played the final fantasy games 7-12 (with the exception of 11) and i fell the story telling has started going down hill, but anyways im liiking for something new, post any ideas that come to mind, ohh and please only released games, im already waiting for quite a few games to come out already, thx

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
Bioshock is an awesome game with amazing story and awe inspiring atmosphere.
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jaforbe
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts

Bioshock is an awesome game with amazing story and awe inspiring atmosphere.Matt-4542

For sure. You wont be disapointed TS.

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

Mass Effect

IMO best game and story on XBOX 360

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Darth_Kane

Bioshock is an awesome game with amazing story and awe inspiring atmosphere.Matt-4542

Best atmosphere in a video game, but the story was nothing special

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

Mass Effect

IMO best game and story on XBOX 360

Darth_Kane
Awesome game, but you have to admit that the story is a bit cliche at some parts.
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaforbe
You have my vote for best AV Darth_Kane.
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
bioshock didnt have a great story just a great creepy atmosphere. over all the story was lacking alot. mass effect and lost odyssey are good games.
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaforbe
I think the story in Bioshock was great. It wasn't the longest story ever, granted. But, what was there was interesting and well presented. They could have added more but I think it would have just convoluted what was already there.
Sc07iaFr34k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sc07iaFr34k
Member since 2008 • 127 Posts

bioshock didnt have a great story just a great creepy atmosphere. over all the story was lacking alot. mass effect and lost odyssey are good games. Darkzero6x2

Agreed. Also, i really thought Bioshocks ending sucked...

Avatar image for foxunit_greyfox
foxunit_greyfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 foxunit_greyfox
Member since 2005 • 504 Posts
Play through all the MGS'...best story ever....
sullivan352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sullivan352
Member since 2008 • 501 Posts

Play through all the MGS'...best story ever....foxunit_greyfox

i second that. MGS is one of the best Franchises of all time, and with an amazing story.

Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts
Yeah, since you have a PS2, if you haven't played through the MGS games, I would suggest starting with those and picking up MGS4 for the PS3. As far as the 360 is concerned, I thought GTA IV's story was decent, and I've heard great things about Mass Effect and Bioshock, though I haven't picked those up yet myself.
Sc07iaFr34k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sc07iaFr34k
Member since 2008 • 127 Posts

[QUOTE="foxunit_greyfox"]Play through all the MGS'...best story ever....sullivan352

i second that. MGS is one of the best Franchises of all time, and with an amazing story.

An amazingly complex & confusing story lol.

mariojoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 mariojoe
Member since 2006 • 199 Posts
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is an AMAZING game. Graphics, sound, gameplay, story (length), it has it all. The only thing it doesn't have is multiplayer, but it's still my favorite game...EVER.
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darth_Kane

Play through all the MGS'...best story ever....foxunit_greyfox

MGS1 = best story and best game ever (haven't played MGS4)

Metal Gear series = best series ever

But, he's asking for 360 games

Alan1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alan1187
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts
Mass Effect and Bioshock. Bioshock is a FPS horror though just and FYI, but it has an amazing twist.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]Bioshock is an awesome game with amazing story and awe inspiring atmosphere.Darth_Kane

I don't think you understood it and all of the twists. If you listen to the audio diaries and pay attention, it's on track with some of the best Thrillers ever made.

[QUOTE="Darkzero6x2"]bioshock didnt have a great story just a great creepy atmosphere. over all the story was lacking alot. mass effect and lost odyssey are good games. Sc07iaFr34k

Agreed. Also, i really thought Bioshocks ending sucked...

The ending isn't the best, but the ride all the way through is awesome. The twists more than make up for a kind of expected ending. The game is the label of Irony.

[QUOTE="sullivan352"]

[QUOTE="foxunit_greyfox"]Play through all the MGS'...best story ever....Sc07iaFr34k

Good story, brutalized by an immersively unnecessary amount of cutscenes for a storyline that can be summed up in 2 sentences...

By the time I made it through, I was more confused and annoyed than blown away. No offense, I know people love it.

lnehme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 lnehme
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts
its not from the 360.. but the God of War series has the most awesome story ever (my opinion)
Avatar image for HeroxOfxThexDay
HeroxOfxThexDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HeroxOfxThexDay
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts

Gears of war is fun as **** and the story wasnt the best story telling but the new game is supposed to be even better,

Bioshock is actually really good if you analyze it (the gameplay is well done as well),

Mass effect was very good (The shooting and squad mechanics have been done before and better),

Lost Odyssey is supposed to be very well done so finish that up, GTA was extremely good if you like the whole crime drama but gets boring in the middle then picks up,

COD 4 is an just a great game with an intriguing story barely any depth but I loved it,

Condemned 1 (2 midway story just got silly but still extremely fun) also a very brutal game, highly reccomend,

I really loved Assasins Creed for the gameplay the story was well done as well, confusing but interesting,

The Darkness is a very very good story, anyone could probibly enjoy it.

Oblivion was one of the best RPG's out there with a nice story (Fallout 3 has the same dev team so i would wait for that)

Dead rising's story was interesting but because of the save system never finished it

Blue Dragon is supposed to be good, you might enjoy that if you played FF

Thats all i can give you, if you pick up any of those i doubt youll be dissapointed

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Darth_Kane
[QUOTE="Darth_Kane"]

[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]Bioshock is an awesome game with amazing story and awe inspiring atmosphere.Mau-Justice

I don't think you understood it and all of the twists. If you listen to the audio diaries and pay attention, it's on track with some of the best Thrillers ever made.

What's not to understand? It wasn't complex in the least. I took every diary, the twist was good (there was only one, nothing else suprised me), but the rest wasn't anything special. The story was an exact copy of System Shock 2 only with less depth and was wors. BioShock was a very dumbed down version of System Shock 2

Play KOTOR and MGS3 if you want a superb twist and play MGS1 if you want multiple twists. BioShock is one of the few very rare FPS that actually has a good story. Riddick has the best story in a FPS. I don't think you've played many games with great stories. Better stories than BioShock's : Mass Effect, KOTOR, Indigo Prophecy, Beyond Good & Evil, the GTA series, Mafia, Max Payne, Legacy of Kain series, Jade Empire, Riddick and a many many more that aren't on XBOX

sullivan352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sullivan352

[QUOTE="sullivan352"]

[QUOTE="foxunit_greyfox"]Play through all the MGS'...best story ever....Sc07iaFr34k

Good story, brutalized by an immersively unnecessary amount of cutscenes for a storyline that can be summed up in 2 sentences...

By the time I made it through, I was more confused and annoyed than blown away. No offense, I know people love it.

How could it be summed up in 2 sentences... enless its 2 very long run on sentances. i personally dont mind the cutscenes except for the ones where they are explaining history or talking about the metal gears which they explained a hundred times before lol

Avatar image for HeroxOfxThexDay
HeroxOfxThexDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HeroxOfxThexDay
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts

[QUOTE="Sc07iaFr34k"][QUOTE="sullivan352"]

[QUOTE="foxunit_greyfox"]Play through all the MGS'...best story ever....sullivan352

How could it be summed up in 2 sentences... enless its 2 very long run on sentances. i personally dont mind the cutscenes except for the ones where they are explaining history or talking about the metal gears which they explained a hundred times before lol

Just wondering if i get mgs 4, (my dads getting a ps3 for blu-ray and it comes with mgs4) will i be able to understand it and be satisfied with the story in the game?

sullivan352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sullivan352
It would be somewhat had to understand but you would probably understand most of it. You might not know how some things came to be but i dont think you would get lost to much in the middle.
Swtich_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Swtich_fire
haha thanks alot guys i forgot about this thread but i just remembered now, i acutally own almost all of those games, yes i loved the msg series, i know i can get alittle confusing sometimes, but the dvd i got when i preordered msg4 really helped me understand the whole story, i have oblivion and love it, i will get bioshock, i just want to see if the ps3 version has any new content then i'll get that one, umm actually a few games im really looking forward to are silent hill, RE5 and the new tales game for the 360, to tell the truth thats one of the major reasons i got the 360 in the first place. right now im currently replaying the .hack//g.u series, i know it doesnt sit well with alot of people but i enjoy them. and i know alot of people like the god of war games, but i couldnt really get all that into them, hack and slash games are fine in my book, but there has to be a point when things slow down, and for god of war that never really came
Swtich_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Swtich_fire
[QUOTE="sullivan352"]

[QUOTE="Sc07iaFr34k"][QUOTE="sullivan352"]

[QUOTE="foxunit_greyfox"]Play through all the MGS'...best story ever....HeroxOfxThexDay

Just wondering if i get mgs 4, (my dads getting a ps3 for blu-ray and it comes with mgs4) will i be able to understand it and be satisfied with the story in the game?

i would highly recomend getting the background dvd first, that really helped me understand the story alot better, i player all the games and i still would get confused

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts
I just started playing Mass Effect (actually I'm about 12 hours into it but I know there's a ways to go) and I definitely recommend it. It's really immense and in-depth, but so far it's been great and a good challenge (which is hard to come by a lot of times).
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
Mass Effect!!!!!!! I cannot stress Mass Effect enough.. It's awesome.
Xilerymth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xilerymth
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts

Try Mass Effect, its story along with the great game-play, will keep you captivated for a very long time.

jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts

mass effect and oblivion have great story to them.

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
definately the darkness. i love that game's story.