gears of war seems over rated

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
well the graphics are great! although sometimes they do go a little funky *the textures sometimes go fuzzy b4 becoming beautiful! but the replay value seems pretty bad, i mean the game only likes like 5-6 hours and the online gets kinda boring to. although there are so good points in the main game like dealing with beserkers which is kinda funny. does anyone else think this game is wildy over rated? personally i prefer rainbow 6 vegas
ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
I agree.
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
Good for you
ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 ihateyou_right
Member since 2005 • 1295 Posts
Oh yes I belive gears of war is a tad overrated but I don't really feel that vegas is better their both good games and both have their strong points.
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
I thought it was over rate at first but it's grown on me and the online mulitplayer seems to never get old. R6V is also an amazing game. 
luludooobee111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 luludooobee111
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
It was a great game, but it deserves around a 9.0 for some reasons under gameplay.
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pete_merlin
o dont get me wrong, i had a blast playing through the game on my first go. but it got old quick and it cleary doesnt deserve a 9.6. im thinking more like somewhere in the 8. summat region
S1NNER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 S1NNER
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts
I'm a big GRAW fan, and I'm looking forward to End War. You should really achieve a couple of achievements in multiplayer before you pass judgement. Yes the campaign is short but it's not a campaigned based project. I will tell you I am no fanboy but I cannot get enough of this game. The sheer visceral satisfaction of unloading a clip from your lancer or the decapitations from shotguns are completely satisfying...So give it a couple hours of online play, dont listen to the griefers, usually its only the pubes that do. Enjoy yourself, figure out your strategy and get "Wet" in some bloodbaths...
chainsaw_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chainsaw_happy
Member since 2007 • 257 Posts
I just wish the online was deeper.
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

o dont get me wrong, i had a blast playing through the game on my first go. but it got old quick and it cleary doesnt deserve a 9.6. im thinking more like somewhere in the 8. summat regionpete_merlin

At gamerankings it is at 94%, Gamespot wasnt that far off

ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 ihateyou_right
Member since 2005 • 1295 Posts

I just wish the online was deeper.chainsaw_happy

This guy has hit the nail on the head here gears of war online is just not deep, it's deeper than shadowrun but what isn't, but it could really do with ranks I love ranks in online games if gears of war had ranks I would play it all the time.

ballninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ballninja
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I agree Rainbow Six Vegas is by far the better game.
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pete_merlin
indeed he has! i played it online for about 4 hours straight thinking i was about to get sucked into it greatness...but nahhhh! although the online on gears is better than the online in vegas. i find it kinda boring!
bleedingbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 bleedingbunny
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
you guys are open to your opinion but the rating is dead on 9.6 is just what it deserves so a word of advice stop posting these gears of war is overrated threads if yah dont like then shut up and play somthing else. if you do like it which most people today still play this game a ton including me, then have fun its a game of the year game.
itreds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 itreds
Member since 2004 • 86 Posts
the game itself is not overrated but the lag and host powers of this game make it quite frustrating at times
S1NNER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 S1NNER
Host and lag and Glitching is the only negative about this game, It deserves a 9.6 easily. I think they will include rankings in the next big update, prior to Halo3 dropping. They are not going to sit back and watch Halo3 take it's conumers from them, Plus Epic is notorius for phat upgrades (Usually Free) unless MS has any sayso. Sure there are always ways to make any game better, this one could use player filters to avoid playing with Pubes who's parents bought them one of the most brutal mature games of all time (always Singing in the mic,talking smack that makes no sense )+ a Clan/Friends ranked match option would be nice.
Hott-FuzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hott-FuzZ
Member since 2007 • 732 Posts

i love when really amazing games come out and do really well and ppl call it over rated because its so popular. Obviously its not overrated when the game is kicking every other games ass that is out right now and everyone with a 360 owns the game.

S1NNER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 S1NNER
The facts are that this game actually requires skill whereas Halo3 for instance is just a glorified button masher. Truth is everyone who does not like this game simply doesn't have the skill to stay alive. This is one of the most frustrating games ever but the payoff is well worth it once you adapt to the pace. I've said it before anyone who "Hates" this game has just been handled to many times and given up, then they run to the latest FPS (Shadowrun) and glorify it's obvious failures...face it you guys cant handle the game.
stormtrooper32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stormtrooper32
Member since 2004 • 2221 Posts
This game had a great, although short. I thought the multiplayer wasn't deep enough and got boring really fast. Host lag and all of that stuff make the online even worse. This game is a bit overrated.
Mills99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mills99
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
are u serius this is one of the worst games online that i have played and if you say their is skill you are stupid the fact is that all the fighting is up close and your main gun cant even kill anyone at least in halo all the guns you have can kill someone
Limonadi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#21 Limonadi
Member since 2006 • 982 Posts
i got bored after 5 hours..... and btw online game sucks because lag of maps....
AsSaSin11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AsSaSin11
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="chainsaw_happy"]I just wish the online was deeper.ihateyou_right

This guy has hit the nail on the head here gears of war online is just not deep, it's deeper than shadowrun but what isn't, but it could really do with ranks I love ranks in online games if gears of war had ranks I would play it all the time.

dude what are u talkin about... there is rank in gears of war if u didnt know? gears of war is a great game and does deserve 9.6, people have different opinions on games so u cant go around and judge the game...i would say play for the achievements tahts something that will keep u busy and excited.

Duminakan89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Duminakan89
Member since 2005 • 857 Posts
I don't really think it's overrated just too frustrating at times. Playing ranked games is a chore, I just wish they would have had the multiplayer achievements for player matches instead of ranked matches, that way they can include a ranking system and make the ranked games more than just people hogging the sniper or boom shot for an achievement.
AsSaSin11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AsSaSin11
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I don't really think it's overrated just too frustrating at times. Playing ranked games is a chore, I just wish they would have had the multiplayer achievements for player matches instead of ranked matches, that way they can include a ranking system and make the ranked games more than just people hogging the sniper or boom shot for an achievement.Duminakan89

they do have multiplayer achievements....for new maps though and for annex

ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
it was short but pretty... and I got it after playing rainbow six vegas multiplayer, so gow multiplayer was simple, full of glitches, and repetitive. I think it's overrated.
kennykaos317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 kennykaos317
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts
I've loved playing Gears the last few months. If you only played it through on casual, then you should try the harder difficulties. It almost plays like 3 different games. I've enjoyed the multiplayer too, though I haven't played as much. I've just started playing R6:V and haven't played online at all, so I can't compare the two.
F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 F1sTDaCuffS
Member since 2005 • 2570 Posts
games dead they only sold 7k in the last week. and it keeps going down. its pretty much out the door.
marsslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 marsslayer
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts
are u serius this is one of the worst games online that i have played and if you say their is skill you are stupid the fact is that all the fighting is up close and your main gun cant even kill anyone at least in halo all the guns you have can kill someoneMills99
wow then u must suck at gears
supermanfarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 supermanfarr
Member since 2006 • 888 Posts
every gun you have can kill someone, at least for me you probley suck and get owned. Its not up close fighting unless you make it ever picked up the sniper or torque bow?
Merodach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Merodach
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts
What defines the term overrated when applied to video games? I hear this term a lot whenpeople speak of popular commercially succesful games. Does a game become overrated by virtue of itbeing succesful? Is it something people say to look independent and cool as they reference a game that may not be as succesful?I've never heard a point by point argument as to why a game is overrated, and whats wrong with a game being popular and succesful? Isn't it the goal of all devs for their game to be a hit? Am I missing something here?
X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

well the graphics are great! although sometimes they do go a little funky *the textures sometimes go fuzzy b4 becoming beautiful! but the replay value seems pretty bad, i mean the game only likes like 5-6 hours and the online gets kinda boring to. although there are so good points in the main game like dealing with beserkers which is kinda funny. does anyone else think this game is wildy over rated? personally i prefer rainbow 6 vegaspete_merlin

I agree.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

well the graphics are great! although sometimes they do go a little funky *the textures sometimes go fuzzy b4 becoming beautiful! but the replay value seems pretty bad, i mean the game only likes like 5-6 hours and the online gets kinda boring to. although there are so good points in the main game like dealing with beserkers which is kinda funny. does anyone else think this game is wildy over rated? personally i prefer rainbow 6 vegaspete_merlin

congrats, no one cares...

nkaiton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#33 nkaiton
Member since 2006 • 179 Posts
No, in my opinion, Gears is not overrated. All of the hype that it gets is deserved but it alsoputsthe gamein a no-win situation. Gears' shortcomings (and they are miniscule compared to its accomplishments)are putunder a magnifyingglass because of the hype it gets. That's cool though. I'm sure alot of the issues people had with Gears will be addressed in Gears 2.
X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

No, in my opinion, Gears is not overrated. All of the hype that it gets is deserved but it alsoputsthe gamein a no-win situation. Gears' shortcomings (and they are miniscule compared to its accomplishments)are putunder a magnifyingglass because of the hype it gets. That's cool though. I'm sure alot of the issues people had with Gears will be addressed in Gears 2.nkaiton

Aiming and weapon damage would be something to fix. As well as, healing. You heal way too fast.

Also, the one thing that kept me from getting it was the content filter. It did'nt filter out all of the language. Sh!t is as bad as f*ck. Plus, @ss, hell, d*mn, and SOB are some words I could do without.