Gears of War 2 Situation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#1 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

Most of Us kNow GoW2 has not been doing as Superb as Expected and alot of Reasons have Come up about why. But what i Find Interesting is when a Person Says something thats wrong the other says its fine.

Reasons i have heard

1. Chainsawing is Out of Hand 2. New Maps are Garbage 3. Sence Matching goes on KDR and your Rank its almost impossible to get into a Good game cause someone on your team sucks or completely Dominates the Game. 4. Horde just repeats itself Every 10 and pretty much gets boring after going to 50. 5. Matchmaking is Broken.

NOW there are only Handful of the reasons i have heard. What do you guys think is the worst issue at the moment and what should be done to fix it

Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts
[QUOTE="CreatureRising"]

Most of Us kNow GoW2 has not been doing as Superb as Expected and alot of Reasons have Come up about why. But what i Find Interesting is when a Person Says something thats wrong the other says its fine.

Reasons i have heard

1. Chainsawing is Out of Hand 2. New Maps are Garbage 3. Sence Matching goes on KDR and your Rank its almost impossible to get into a Good game cause someone on your team sucks or completely Dominates the Game. 4. Horde just repeats itself Every 10 and pretty much gets boring after going to 50. 5. Matchmaking is Broken.

NOW there are only Handful of the reasons i have heard. What do you guys think is the worst issue at the moment and what should be done to fix it

uh.... the new maps are awesome... i like them a lot more then the original ones. i do agree that chainsawing is out of hand. a patch is needed for it immediately. and FYI, whoever told you gears hasnt been doing well is an idiot... it is the #1 game on XBL, even over halo 3 and COD4/5
Rock_Dwarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Rock_Dwarf
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

Reasons i have heard

CreatureRising
Gears is doing absolutely fine, it's a pretty good game, and the flaws are minor and should be able to be fixed pretty soon. ^_^ 1) Yeah, chainsawing is absolute bull excretion, I got so annoyed with it in the previous game and now it's made even more powerful in the second game? Bad move by EPIC in my opinion. 2) The new maps are pretty cool, but that's not really a flaw, just a matter of opinion. 3) I do think the ranking system was a bit unecessary, it doesn't exactly do anything, it just gives you a nice little pin stripe next to your gamertag, maybe in the future EPIC could do more with the ranking system. Possibly new unlockables and such? 4) I'll agree, Horde does seem weak now. After getting to Wave 50 and finishing it, it is pretty dull. But was a blast while it lasted :) 5) Matchmaking isn't TOO broken anymore, but yeah it still needs fixing.
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
You use capital letters strangely. Any way: 1. True, but that's the way the game was designed. It could potentially be fixed by a title update in the future. 2. SOME of the new maps are garbage, but some are better than the Gears of War 1 maps. Plus, if you don't like the new maps you can limit your search to just the flashback map pack. 3. I've gotten into plenty of good games that are evenly matched even if the other teams ranks don't seem to match up. 4. Every 10 waves of horde presents different challenges. Is that mode even that important to you? I personally got the achievements and won't be playing it again. 5. Matchmaking is slow, but not broken. It also seems to be getting better, and it works if you have 4 friends to bring into your party beforehand. All they need to do is drop a title update to fix a few things and it will be fabulous online.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#5 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
The glitches are the biggest issue in the game. It's ridiculous.
Basserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Basserker
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts
Chainsaws are really bad, I've been saying it since the game came out. Theyre too strong A., and for some reason its harder to stop them.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vashkey
[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] again, they arent glitches, they are bugs.... stop trolling.Roland123_basic
Again, their the same damn thing. Problems in the game that shouldnt be there. Stop trolling.

reported for trolling... no, they arent the same thing. one is initiated by users taking advantage of game mechanics, the other is a problem in coding.... does that sound the same to you>

Well, both problems exist in the game. And how am I trolling? It's the truth. How about I report you to.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] again, they arent glitches, they are bugs.... stop trolling.Roland123_basic
Again, their the same damn thing. Problems in the game that shouldnt be there. Stop trolling.

reported for trolling... no, they arent the same thing. one is initiated by users taking advantage of game mechanics, the other is a problem in coding.... does that sound the same to you>

They are the same thing. Definition of Bug: a defect or imperfection, as in a mechanical device, computer program, or plan; glitch Glitch: a defect or malfunction in a machine or plan. any error, malfunction, or problem
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vashkey
hallelu****ingjah, the calvary has arrived.
Sodney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sodney
Member since 2006 • 228 Posts
I think gears of war 2 is one of the greatest games ever.
Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts
gears 2 is easily the best shooter on xbox at the moment
mankeyador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#18 mankeyador
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts
the game is fine to me. any one of the things you said (minus the chainsawing) are really minor.
Avatar image for xBlessDaFallenx
xBlessDaFallenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xBlessDaFallenx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I agree with all of those problems that are listed. I'm just going to play the first GOW.:(
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
i adore this gears
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Are you from another country or something? What's with the random capital letters?

Anyway I no idea what you are talking about. Last I heard GoW 2 has sold over 2 mil copies and #1 on Xbox Live. Last time I checked that was pretty darn successful.

Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="vashkey"] Again, their the same damn thing. Problems in the game that shouldnt be there. Stop trolling. II-FBIsniper-II

They are the same thing. Definition of Bug: a defect or imperfection, as in a mechanical device, computer program, or plan; glitch Glitch: a defect or malfunction in a machine or plan. any error, malfunction, or problem

you are taking the literal definition of the term which doesnt apply to what the term has come to mean on XBL. glitching, and bugs are two completely different things. glitching is user initiated, bugs are a problem with code.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] reported for trolling... no, they arent the same thing. one is initiated by users taking advantage of game mechanics, the other is a problem in coding.... does that sound the same to you>Roland123_basic

you are taking the literal definition of the term which doesnt apply to what the term has come to mean on XBL. glitching, and bugs are two completely different things. glitching is user initiated, bugs are a problem with code.

What you interpret it as isn't the same thing as what it really means.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i absolutely love gears of war 2....matchmaking is what really annoys me though
chappy4310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chappy4310
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts

i absolutely love gears of war 2....matchmaking is what really annoys me thoughOfficialBed

Agreed.

iNyCzOwnJody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 iNyCzOwnJody
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts
it takes forever to find a game when im not in a party
CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

I am going to say this I love GoW2 its just the Multiplayer that Nags me cause it was Perfect last game. Just there was No Absolute Reason for them to go back and make Chainsawing and Matchmaking Different

P.S. Crappy Keyboard thats why i am typeing funny hehe

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
Gears definitely surpassed my expectations. but i agree that the chainsaw thing can get ridiculous
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

Reasons i have heard

CreatureRising

1. Yes it is.

2. I love the new maps.

3. No my KDR is pretty good. Try playing with friends I usually win all my games.

4. I also find Hord fun.

5. Yeah it kinda is.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
no this game is perfect
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vashkey
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] reported for trolling... no, they arent the same thing. one is initiated by users taking advantage of game mechanics, the other is a problem in coding.... does that sound the same to you>Roland123_basic

It's not our fault you or any other people don't use the word correctly. Bug and glitches are the exact same thing. And you should be embarassed for harassing me for not using a word incorrectly.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I blame TruSkill, Epic practically said it was the cause of the matchmaking issues on their blog post a few weeks ago. Plus TruSkill in general is a terrible idea. Why match people based on who the computer picks as the winner and the loser instead of picking people are are roughly even skilled so theres a fair chance like Halo 3. Because I'm a Gears multiplayer noob my stats are crappy and because of that fact TruSkill picks me for the team it determines will lose the match, thats not fair it doesn't give new players a chance to be on level ground with their opponents and actually uses them to further rank up people who are already skilled.
mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts
I love the new maps, glad that shotgun isn't uber power. Chainsaw does need to be toned down. Never have been a fan of matchmaking games, takes way too long, and you still end up with unfair teams anyways.