Gears of War 2 OR Fable 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

keese510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 keese510
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts

i want a game that has a lot of replay value, one that will last me until modern warfare 2. i liked both of the first games, but i felt like the MP for gears was a little too hard. im pretty good at halo 3 and COD4 online, but im sure it doesnt translate into being good at gears. so what is the learning curve for gears MP? is it easy to just pick up and play? ive only played the first one online once. i dont want to get it if its just gonna piss me off. and the story for fable 2 looks pretty good, and i really enjoyed the first one. so what are your suggestions?

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Id go with Gears of War II, but i didnt like either game that much. Single player coop was a blast in Gears 2, but i really never got into the Gears MP. Fable II was Im sorry, but complete trash imo, and would never recommend it to anyone. Story was really weak, and that just killed the game for me since an RPG with a bad story makes it pointless. Combat, and armor system was really awful too. So with that said i recommend gears 2, but not by choice. Id honestly just pick up Mass Effect or Fallout 3, but those dont have any multiplayer to speak of, just great stories.

SylvanMidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SylvanMidget
Member since 2009 • 600 Posts

Both were kind of let downs, I would go with Fable II.

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#4 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts
I don't have Fable II yet, but I did enjoy Gears 2. It has a nice replay value for unlockables and such, but the online is pretty bad, unless they fixed it. Never checked after the first time when I kept getting kicked off.
keese510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 keese510

i have both mass effect and fallout 3 :) but would you guys say the MP is any fun in gears? on a scale from 1-10 how hard is it to learn to play effectively?

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I didn't like Fable 2.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

i have both mass effect and fallout 3 :) but would you guys say the MP is any fun in gears? on a scale from 1-10 how hard is it to learn to play effectively?

keese510

its not hard to learn so im gonna just say 5 from 1-10. I wish i would give an exact reason on whats wrong with the MP, but it just doesnt sit well with me when i play it.

What about Rainbow Six Vegas 2? thats a great game, and still has a very healthy online community.

keese510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 keese510

i was thinking about Rainbow Six, looks pretty good. but like i said im waiting for modern warfare 2, and i know im gonna be burnt out on FPS's when it comes out if i get it, or bad company, etc. lol

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

i want a game that has a lot of replay value, one that will last me until modern warfare 2. i liked both of the first games, but i felt like the MP for gears was a little too hard. im pretty good at halo 3 and COD4 online, but im sure it doesnt translate into being good at gears. so what is the learning curve for gears MP? is it easy to just pick up and play? ive only played the first one online once. i dont want to get it if its just gonna piss me off. and the story for fable 2 looks pretty good, and i really enjoyed the first one. so what are your suggestions?

keese510
Have you played the Orange Box, Oblivion or Fallout 3? All will last you a long time and have tons of replay value.
keese510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 keese510

yep, orange box and fallout 3 are two of my favorite games. i literally played out orange box, i got it at release. and unfortunately i sold all my games because i needed some quick cash at the time, sucks cuz i see all the DLC coming out for fallout. so im starting a new collection. i think im gonna go wtih gears and hope i can pick up the MP..

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts

I like gears of war 2, because the online CO-OP is a blast in the story and Hordeand the multiplayer (From my experience) is now fixed. Fable 2 on the other hand was good, but the story wasn't as good as the first and the combat sucked. All i have to say is go with Gears of war 2.

alvin201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 alvin201
Member since 2007 • 457 Posts
GoW2
killB_O_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killB_O_T
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

I would go with Gears, it has more replay value. I finshed fable once and i haven't touched it since. But with Gears i'am alway playing it online.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#14 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
i prefer Call of duty 4 or WaW over Gears in terms of online play. I really like fable 2 and it's fun playing through it over and over again.
gedbyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gedbyz
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

You never said you played oblivion though. You might wanna check that one out because it has a lot of value in it.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
Fable 2.
dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts

I'm not sure if any will last you that long. Fable 2 has a crappy story, and won't last you long unless you buy some DLC. Gears 2 campaign is short and if you don't like the multiplayer, well I guess there's not much point. Buy Fallout 3 or Mass Effect, if you haven't already.

AdmiralNels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AdmiralNels
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts
[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="keese510"]

its not hard to learn so im gonna just say 5 from 1-10. I wish i would give an exact reason on whats wrong with the MP, but it just doesnt sit well with me when i play it.

What about Rainbow Six Vegas 2? thats a great game, and still has a very healthy online community.

Agreed the MP for gears 2 just didn't feel right compared to the first gears game. The first one was the best multiplayer experience I've had, but the second was a big let down...
DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

I'd choose Fable II - Get alot more gameplay from it.

keese510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 keese510

i forgot to ask, do i need any of the new map packs? like how halo 3 wont let you play slayer or any of the ranked stuff, will i run into that with the default maps?

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
most def gears of war 2. Fable 2 was a shallow attempt at an RPG which turned into a hack and slash action game, with no strategy or complexity to it. Now one could easily argue that Gears is the same, but Gears is SUPPOSED to be like that. It's a third person shooter. RPG's are supposed to be a great deal more deep and complex. Basically, gears is the way to go.
keese510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 keese510

i forgot to ask, do i need any of the new map packs? like how halo 3 wont let you play slayer or any of the ranked stuff, will i run into that with the default maps?

STARXWOLF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 STARXWOLF
Member since 2009 • 758 Posts

Gears 2 the new Update seems to of have made it more fun too play since they now give you points for Horde mode.

hazamatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hazamatical
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts

Gears of War 2. I would say.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

how the HELL did this last this long??? i make a thread that asks for opinions on games and/or coop partners and its locked before the third post.

OT: Gears 2 without a second though

laxattack7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 laxattack7
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

I would say Gears. It was kind of a let down, but the MP has improved significantly since day one. i play it way more often than Fable 2

MaDtRk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MaDtRk
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
GoW 2
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts

Gears of war 2 IMO. Fable 2 still good enough.

Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Arkk_Angel
Member since 2003 • 787 Posts
Gears of Wars 2....unless you like pseudo-life sims like Fable II. I quit that game already and didn't beat it.
Fallout692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fallout692
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i would get Fable 2 for sure cause gears 1 and 2 online are crap!
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#31 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

keese510

That is one of the nice things about Gears of War 2 is that you don't need the map packs to play normal game types. Also, the new expansion is coming out with all the map packs plus seven new maps and a deleted chapter from the campaign for twenty dollars.

I think Fable 2 is excellent but if you are looking for a game to play for awhile Gears of War 2 is the way to go. But the multiplayer can be frustrating. Matches are laggy, probably 50% of the time so the learning curve is more than other games because not only do you need to learn the game but you need to learn how to play through lag.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#32 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
able 2 is amazing. but Gears 2 is a better game and has replay value and very fun multiplayer. :D
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

keese510
If you wasn't good as Gears mp, you probally won't be good at Gears 2 mp, personally Gears 2 is the better game so I say pick it up.
FatalFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FatalFist
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts
goW2 Hands DOWN....tis fun...its the one game that actually gives u the feeling of being pinned down wid enemy fire
Baelath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Baelath
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts

I wouldn't get either. GoW2 is okay, Fable 2 is oookay, although Fable is better.

I'd just wait a bit till we get games coming out in the fall that actually look decent. Or, I'd just buy out some old games that are cheaper, and probably more fun.

COD, Elder Scrolls, etc etc.

Suicide-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#36 Suicide-Panda
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

Hmm, Gears 2 has a awesome single player and modes like bots and horde, but fable is realy good so, if your more into action and guns and gore go for gears 2, if you like story, rpg and adventure go for fable =)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Fable 2 hands down.

Brutal-Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Brutal-Koopa
Member since 2009 • 439 Posts
I say raise enough money to buy both, because I thought they were both short but decent.