Gamestop Used Games Policy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Burn1n6t00th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Burn1n6t00th
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts
If you buy a used game they said something about if you dont like it or want to return it for whatever reason you can return it in a certain amount of days. So how many days do I have to return it? GH2 is boring
gumboots22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gumboots22
Member since 2003 • 468 Posts
Im pretty sure it's 10 days.
Links14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Links14
Member since 2006 • 1347 Posts
I think it's 7 days.
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
7 days to return any used game.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 starfox2468
Member since 2006 • 2782 Posts

If you buy a used game they said something about if you dont like it or want to return it for whatever reason you can return it in a certain amount of days. So how many days do I have to return it? GH2 is boringBurn1n6t00th

:o

gh3 is way more lame than 2,trust me.the songs are way better on gh2

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts
it used to be 30 days at my gamestop
1noteshort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 1noteshort
Member since 2008 • 403 Posts
7 days for all used games and 30 days for unopened new games.
BLBLAKERS10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 BLBLAKERS10
Member since 2007 • 1280 Posts

it used to be 30 days at my gamestopspawnassasin

Defently not for used, always new....

it is 7 days. No it for a fact because I have done it a few times... Its like free rentals, dont abuse it alot though, they will stop letting you do it.

BLBLAKERS10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BLBLAKERS10
Member since 2007 • 1280 Posts

it used to be 30 days at my gamestopspawnassasin

Defently not for used, always new....

it is 7 days. No it for a fact because I have done it a few times... Its like free rentals, dont abuse it alot though, they will stop letting you do it.

Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
so i can buy a game at gamestop and if i don't like it i can tell them that and if i bought it used a few days ago i can get my money back? that is awesome.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

7 days for all used games if u buy a new game and open it u got 7 days for a replacement. u got 30 days to get your money back for unopen new game

u can really call them you knjow and get the hardcore fact of the poilcty

Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts

Who are you gonna call?............. Gamestop...

Seriously though... you bought a used game from Gamestop? ......are you possibly clinically insane and in need of psyciatric help? Dude... Ebay it, Amazon It... hell look in the newspapers... but Gamestop?

I think I'd rather step on a nail, fall down the stairs and scold myself in a chip fryer than buy a used game at Gamestop with their EXPENSIVE prices! (Okay...probably wouldn't go that far, but you get the point)

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Seriously though... you bought a used game from Gamestop? ......are you possibly clinically insane and in need of psyciatric help? Dude... Ebay it, Amazon It... hell look in the newspapers... but Gamestop?

I think I'd rather step on a nail, fall down the stairs and scold myself in a chip fryer than buy a used game at Gamestop with their EXPENSIVE prices! (Okay...probably wouldn't go that far, but you get the point)

EnigmaticBeauty

lol love record it put on youtube j/king lol

grayoldwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 grayoldwolf
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts

EnigmaticBeauty

I'd generally agree with you except for two things:

1.) I can easily pop into my local Gamestop and buy a game used without having to pay for shipping. Not an option for people who don't live in a major urban centre (LA in my case) but it works for me. By the time you've paid shipping for games from eBay you've often wiped out any savings you have made.

2.) Gamestop has fairly frequent 3 for 2 sales etc. I also get an email coupon every week, which is sometimes actually useful (I got 25% off any used game the other week, and you can print it as many times as you want).

If you're patient, you can get good deals from Gamestop. Just before Christmas I got Crackdown, GRAW 2 and Dead Rising for $40 total used. Forty bucks for three of the best games on the 360 is a steal. Sadly the average gamer is anything but patient, but it works for me.

Selling games used, now that's a whole different ballgame. Gamestop's price policy for buying used games is a joke. eBay all the way for that.

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
Its 7 days on used items. 30 days on unopened NEW items.
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
Oh cool I was about to ask this. So if I go get R6V2 Used today and find out I don't want it can I go take it back up there and get another gane for the same price? just want to make sure I heard that right.
paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]

grayoldwolf

I'd generally agree with you except for two things:

1.) I can easily pop into my local Gamestop and buy a game used without having to pay for shipping. Not an option for people who don't live in a major urban centre (LA in my case) but it works for me. By the time you've paid shipping for games from eBay you've often wiped out any savings you have made.

2.) Gamestop has fairly frequent 3 for 2 sales etc. I also get an email coupon every week, which is sometimes actually useful (I got 25% off any used game the other week, and you can print it as many times as you want).

If you're patient, you can get good deals from Gamestop. Just before Christmas I got Crackdown, GRAW 2 and Dead Rising for $40 total used. Forty bucks for three of the best games on the 360 is a steal. Sadly the average gamer is anything but patient, but it works for me.

Selling games used, now that's a whole different ballgame. Gamestop's price policy for buying used games is a joke. eBay all the way for that.

I disagree with you on your #1 topic. Lately I've been buying used copies of new-newer games like MLB 08 The Show, Dark Sector, Viking, Condemned 2, Turok, Army of Two, and others for less than the $58.85 (used game price including tax) that Gamestop would sell a used copy for. I paid anywhere from $10 to $20, even $25 less than what I would pay at Gamestop, and these savings inlcude the shipping cost. All from ebay and amazon. Obviously I do agree with you on selling used games, never go to Gamestop. "Oh I'll give you $30 and then sell it for $55"...I know this is how they make their money, but damn!!

herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
i'm pretty sure it's 7 days to return it if it doesn't work and there's something in there about screwing you really bad on your trade-in games by offering you a small fraction of what they'll resell it for. although i'm unsure about the first part.