Games you Feel Pressured into Getting

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 0

#1 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

What games do you feel pressured into getting just because it's popularity or reviews. Mine would be the madden series. I don't even like football that much but i always get madden games. just because it's madden

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
None. I typically don't let hype or popularity affect my purchasing choices.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I've never felt pressured into getting any game. There are certain titles that I anticipate, based on the studio, genre, or both, but I don't feel pressured to get them. It's been a couple months since I even bought a game.

mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
Farcry 2 for me. I hear a lot of people complain about how boring it is. It is very famous though, and I can't help it but wonder if I am going to get it one day. Another game was Halo 3. The gameplay videos didn't appeal much to me, but all the hype made me wonder if there was something to that game that I didn't realize. I finally got the game.
Keitha313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 Keitha313
Member since 2008 • 1679 Posts

The games i felt pressured into getting would be Gears and Halo... Personally i thought both didnt look good Gears was slightly playable untill you go online with it then it becomes abysmal, Its the hype lying over the game that made me buy it but personally ill never buy into that Microsoft thing i almost pressured myself into buying PDZ on its release date but luckily i didnt bought it from a bargain bin biggest wast of five pounds iv ever done should of went to McDonalds....

RESISTEE926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 RESISTEE926
Member since 2005 • 1090 Posts
HALO WARS. Everyone at school is like OMG get halo wars!!! You aren't a true gamer until youv'e tried Halo Wars!!! I DONT LIKE RTSs!!! SHUTUP
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
A few years ago when I worked at Game Crazy, I was buying a ton of new releases on the first day because talking with people about it got me excited for it...And I was burned more than a few times... Lately, this doesn't happen so often. I did feel obligated to buy Prince of Persia on day 1, and I kinda regret that, but I've made worse decisions.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
I feel pressured into buying RE5. I was never a huge RE fan to begin with, but almost all my friends are picking it up to play co-op. Same with Halo Wars. I have a few friends that keep telling me to buy it. The demo was alright, but I personally don't think that I'll have $59.99 worth of fun with it. My friend just recently pressured me into Armored Core For Answer, good thing it turned out to be a fun game! Much better then AC4.
ROBBYBEAR1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 ROBBYBEAR1985
Member since 2008 • 564 Posts

I have afriendthat tries to convince me to buy Gears 2 about once or twice a month. Frankly I think the game is pretty over rated and I'd rather play Call of Duty WaW.

alber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 alber
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts

A few years ago when I worked at Game Crazy, I was buying a ton of new releases on the first day because talking with people about it got me excited for it...And I was burned more than a few times... Lately, this doesn't happen so often. I did feel obligated to buy Prince of Persia on day 1, and I kinda regret that, but I've made worse decisions.spazzx625
Lol, that same thing happened to my friend...

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

I never feel "pressured" to buy games. I've never let the popularity of a game influence my decision on whether or not I buy it. I guess the closest I've come to "pressure" in buying a game was Gears of War 2. I had played the first, enjoyed it a lot, so when 2 came out, I picked it up.

Well, last time I do that...

Avatar image for deactivated-57f6810aefea1
deactivated-57f6810aefea1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57f6810aefea1
Member since 2009 • 497 Posts
my friend pressured me into buying mass effect. still havent palyed it. hes just happy i bought it, because at some point i will play it. but generally no, i dont get pressured into buying games. I look forward to particular games, like farcry 2 (what a let down that was) and gears 2 (great game imo), but pressured... not really.
hanzo225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hanzo225
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts

i dont

-Rivfader-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Rivfader-
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

Anything from Blizzard = must buy on day 1

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#15 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts
[QUOTE="mithrixx"]Farcry 2 for me. I hear a lot of people complain about how boring it is. It is very famous though, and I can't help it but wonder if I am going to get it one day. Another game was Halo 3. The gameplay videos didn't appeal much to me, but all the hype made me wonder if there was something to that game that I didn't realize. I finally got the game.

yea i was pressured into getting far cry 2. ended up being it wasnt my type of game
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
Resident Evil 5, all my friends keep saying to get it, but I really don't know if I want to drop $60 on a game that's basically just singleplayer. The co-op thing doesn't really impress me too much. Also I really don't like any of the control schemes.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

closest i ever got to "Pressure" was when my friends wanted me to get COD:WAW and i was tempted

but i decided aganist it and just rented it

i dont let other people effect my gaming (although i do appreciate peoples opinion)

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

Resident Evil 5, all my friends keep saying to get it, but I really don't know if I want to drop $60 on a game that's basically just singleplayer. The co-op thing doesn't really impress me too much. Also I really don't like any of the control schemes.gamerfreak1991

The co-op online thing is a big deal because it is first in its series, and I actually prefer the co-op over the AI because some of the time a real person has more brains....some of the time..... The game I felt pressure was Halo Wars, but I seen all my friends go out and buy it and when I log on to LIVE I see how often they actually do play it...it is not very often so I am glad I didn't.

Wedge598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 Wedge598
Member since 2003 • 1263 Posts
Farcry 2 for me. I hear a lot of people complain about how boring it is. It is very famous though, and I can't help it but wonder if I am going to get it one day. Another game was Halo 3. The gameplay videos didn't appeal much to me, but all the hype made me wonder if there was something to that game that I didn't realize. I finally got the game.mithrixx
Ditto both of those for me. I haven't gotten either yet but have thought about getting both based on the popularity. GTAIV was another one I felt like I needed to try based on the review score and popularity. Turns out I've really enjoyed it and was glad I got it. I also feel like with all the zombie games out there I should try one of those too.
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerfreak1991"]Resident Evil 5, all my friends keep saying to get it, but I really don't know if I want to drop $60 on a game that's basically just singleplayer. The co-op thing doesn't really impress me too much. Also I really don't like any of the control schemes.PrincePwnStar

The co-op online thing is a big deal because it is first in its series, and I actually prefer the co-op over the AI because some of the time a real person has more brains....some of the time..... The game I felt pressure was Halo Wars, but I seen all my friends go out and buy it and when I log on to LIVE I see how often they actually do play it...it is not very often so I am glad I didn't.

I feel you. The real reason is mostly the control scheme. I think when it drops to about $40 or so I'll pick it up.
ikesdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ikesdad
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
halo 3
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

None. If I want to get a game I get it. I get a lot of the games that are anticipated to be good but I also buy the games that aren't to good after the fact.

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
A few years ago when I worked at Game Crazy, I was buying a ton of new releases on the first day because talking with people about it got me excited for it...And I was burned more than a few times... Lately, this doesn't happen so often. I did feel obligated to buy Prince of Persia on day 1, and I kinda regret that, but I've made worse decisions.spazzx625
same here, I regreted getting PoP too
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#24 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
midnight club most definetely. guy at counter was like "amazing game" and honestly i could have spent half the price on a much more fun game. Burnout paradise (ended up tradining in midnight club and picking up burnout)
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#25 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
ehm gears of war 2, all my friends were like hell lets play gears on day one we do our team and go through horde mode and bla bla bla, and I was like ok I want to play with my friends so why not? in te end I traded Gears of war 2.....wont happen again
Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#26 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts

Guitar hero: Metallica

Halo Wars

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i get pressured into getting gears 2. people think it is a great game. i played 1 i liked it but i thought it was a bit over rated of how the game is. i havn't played 2 yet idk if i am because of the people saying it's laggy and things like that.
guitardude1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 guitardude1243
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts

I don't know if I would say pressured, but my cousin said Far Cry 2 was a really good game and that I should get it...but I never bought it.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

None. I typically don't let hype or popularity affect my purchasing choices.Canvas_Of_Flesh

This. I've bought plenty of games that weren't "good" but i enjoyed them a lot.

markcaniga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 markcaniga
Member since 2009 • 244 Posts

Fable2 , thought it was good but its way overprice for it imo.

Now I wanna buy Mass Effect because of good reviews

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
I never really feel pressured into a game. The only time I will feel a bit pressured to get a game is if a friend of mine is getting it, I like all games in all genres and playing with friends is the best way for me. I don't even get that pressured then either though I choose if I'm going to want it. I'd say the time I feel most pressured is when there is a real good deal on a game going on that I normally wouldn't want, than I would feel pressured to get it. Like with Resident Evil I wasn't going to get it but now I will because my friends will have it and at Toys R Us they are giving a $20 gift card. That's really it and I can't really name a game I've been pressured into buying really. As for the guy who said COD WaW is more worth it than GOW2 what are you on drugs??
_LUNCHTREY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 _LUNCHTREY_
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

if a game has a special edtion i feel like i have to get the game on day 1 or im not ever going to find the SE again. i know i have problems. i wish most games didnt have them so i wouldnt have to waste so much money.

MrBelveder06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrBelveder06
Member since 2008 • 307 Posts

Halo 3, I didn't care for the first two, but the media hyped this game up and EVERY one on my friends list had this on Day One.

I enjoyed it the first week playing with friends and family...but for some reason, the game itself has never done anything for me (except annoy me).

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
Gears of War 2, limited edition. I was just going to rent it, but all my friends said it'd be awesome... It was, until I got Left 4 Dead.
axeman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 axeman87
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts

None. If there is a game that people are banging on about, that I think looks like **** I just rent it out and see for myself. I think I'm to old to be 'pressured' into anything. What your on about seems like more of a school, peer group pressure thingy.