Games with Gold - June 2015

This topic is locked from further discussion.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

So Major Nelson has posted the new Games for Gold for next month (June).

Xbox One:

- Pool Nation FX (continues to be free for the month)

- Massive Chalice (turn based strategy game from Double Fine)

Xbox 360

- 1st to 15th June - Just Cause 2

- 16th to 30th June - Thief

So, what are your thoughts?

Personally I am super happy with Massive Chalice being free, I was interested in getting this (with Brad Muir behind the game, who could resist). With it being free for Gold members that is really good.

Discuss away!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

Pool Nation again? Seriously MS?

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 garfield360uk

@hrt_rulz01: I think it is a continuation of last months (so basically it appears games get two months on rotation, one new game each month and last months new offering).

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

@Garfield360UK said:

@hrt_rulz01: I think it is a continuation of last months (so basically it appears games get two months on rotation, one new game each month and last months new offering).

This is the third month Pool Nation has been taking a GWG slot unfortunately. Really hope MS steps it up in this regard.

Looking forward to playing Massive Chalice though. Could use a good turn-based strategy in my library.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Killua_Zoldyck
Member since 2015 • 59 Posts

I don't like strategy games, but hopefully people who do enjoy them enjoy Massive Chalice.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Nothing interests me for the XONE, but the 360 selection is looking mighty fine if you haven't played those games.

Ph11o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ph11o
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hopefully not to off topic but I can't see where else to ask.

Does anyone know if MS have much of a history of offering a deal on a game under Gold, and then some time later that game ending up being one of the free ones instead? Just don't want to buy something on a what looks like a good deal when had I been patient it may have ended up being free?

Thanks...

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 garfield360uk

@ph11o: What game are you thinking of buying?

Ph11o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ph11o

@Garfield360UK: Thanks for coming back to me... It's more of a general question really.. I bought Unmechanical Extended a week or two ago when it was on offer, and I'm looking at Badland at the moment which is again on offer this week... I know they're not huge discounts, but it strikes me that they are just the sort of game that's likely to be offered for free at some stage.

I guess I was wondering if anyone has ever tracked this before, or fallen foul of it themselves, buying a game on offer only to find it went free a few months later.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 garfield360uk

@ph11o: It is a risk, but I guess you have to ask yourself would you enjoy the game for the amount you are spending on it. It has happened to me with Rayman but I was happy with paying for the game before that point. Some of the games you will buy will go on this offer, but it could be weeks/months/years before that happens, and it may not even happen. Not all the games will go on offer as it stands (as there is not enough spaces to games released for it to be possible) but it could alter in the future depending on how the service goes.

If you want the game and have the money, I would say go for it whilst it is on discount, but, if you want it free and are prepared to wait, it could go free. Basically until Major Nelson or game sites like Gamespot report what games are being offered out, there is little in way of knowing. It could happen next month, it could be 3 years from now, it may never happen. That's the risk I guess.

Ph11o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ph11o

@Garfield360UK: Thanks, I was certainly thinking along the same lines... I guess what I was asking really is, percentage wise, how many games in the past have they done that with - if it's fairly rare then the odds are in your favour to take the deal and if it happens it happens, but if MS had a track record of doing it all the time then it would be useful to know that. I understand there's no easy answer :). Thanks anyway...

Avatar image for madeinbrazil123
madeinbrazil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12 madeinbrazil123
Member since 2014 • 148 Posts

I'm Super happy because of Just Cause 2

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#13 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

That will bring my total to 492

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 garfield360uk

@ph11o: It tends to be rare that a game will go on sale soon after it was already on sale for a higher discount. It has happened where GTA/Call of Duty DLC has gone on sale frequently but it tends to be for the same price. The only other times I can think are when we get seasonal sales (like Christmas/New Year/Black Friday sales, that type of thing) but the sales then do not tend to be huge so chances are the game you want won't go on a bigger discount sale for the time being. Maybe later in the year when we get Black Friday deals it could get a steeper discount but then you have to weight up the pros and cons of waiting versus getting it now (plus, there is no guarantee it will go on sale again).

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@ph11o said:

Hopefully not to off topic but I can't see where else to ask.

Does anyone know if MS have much of a history of offering a deal on a game under Gold, and then some time later that game ending up being one of the free ones instead? Just don't want to buy something on a what looks like a good deal when had I been patient it may have ended up being free?

Thanks...

Of course, at some time maybe one of those games you bought could end up being a freebie. That´s exactly what happened when I purchased Halo Reach, it had a very good discount ( Deals with Gold ) and maybe 3-4 months later it was given for free. Bummer ? not really, nobody was going to guarantee me that particular game would end up being free. Your patience may never end up being rewarded.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Cool pool nation is free again . just got my Xbox back from repair and didn't have Xbox gold last month either

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Massive Chalice worth a look then. I take it game play was more important than being eye candy? At least looking at the linkage. I do like games that favour strategy over graphics. HoI is one my fave games on another platform as it were.

xbox1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xbox1138
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts

Ok, June is done now! What about July????

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 garfield360uk

@xbox1138: This is currently unknown. As soon as Major Nelson announces what games will be coming to the Xbox systems, I will make a new topic (unless I get beaten to it, any other users are free to make it as long as there is only one topic covering it, I do not want the board flooded with the same news topic).

I am hoping for something new or a game I do not have, but whatever is on offer is better than nothing really!