Games Kinda Like Fable..... Help Please!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

idrank2much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 idrank2much
Member since 2008 • 578 Posts

Okay so I just played Fable for the first time and I'm kinda disappoited. The gameplay was awesome but it couldve been a little more in depth. Like you can buy shops in the game, but all you can do is rent them out. Also, I wouldve liked if you could become mayor or somethin and rename the towns. Is there any games for the xbox or 360 that are more in depth with things like this? I played oblivion and ME already ...I'm addicted to RPGs now :?

boxy505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 boxy505
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Oblivion is the only other one I know so I'm at a loss.Hey FYI there's gonna be a Fable 2 for xbox360 I heard not sure when though.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
Uh, i guess Two Worlds but that game was kinda a cheap oblivion rip-off and was only mediocre at best. Not really reccomended but only thing i could think of.
SaintRasmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 SaintRasmus
Member since 2007 • 1479 Posts

Wait for Fallout 3 , Borderlands and Fable 2. Fable 2 is gonna be much much better then Fable. Fallout 3 is made by the Oblivion guys. All the games comes late 2008.

Two Worlds is out now, but dont buy it, just rent it. Its not a super great game, but ok.

Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts
Oblivion was probably your best bet. I don't know of any others
Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts

Overlord is an enjoyable game that is a little similar to Fable...except your evil or very evil instead of good or evil, plus you control a small army of gremlin-like creatures.

Otherwise, wait for Fable 2 or Fallout 3.

Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts
Well, if you like all kinda of rpgs, then theres Lost Odyssey, but that's quite different... theres always fable 2.
Avatar image for The_Dark_Jester
The_Dark_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 The_Dark_Jester
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts

Overlord is an enjoyable game that is a little similar to Fable...except your evil or very evil instead of good or evil, plus you control a small army of gremlin-like creatures.

Otherwise, wait for Fable 2 or Fallout 3.

gintheplacetobe

I thought about picking that one up. How is the gameplay in it? Personally I cannot wait for Fable 2. That will be amazing. Especially the whole dog feature!

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

Okay so I just played Fable for the first time and I'm kinda disappoited. The gameplay was awesome but it couldve been a little more in depth. Like you can buy shops in the game, but all you can do is rent them out. Also, I wouldve liked if you could become mayor or somethin and rename the towns. Is there any games for the xbox or 360 that are more in depth with things like this? I played oblivion and ME already ...I'm addicted to RPGs now :?

idrank2much
lol i love rpgs more then any genre you really gotta check out too human watch some videos seriously you will be amazed its gonna totally rule also fallout 3 and fable 2 personally what i do when i need an rpg but no new ones are out is go for the old ones diablo and old bioware games like kotor
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
You must be new to Lionhead studios. A lot of the time the depth of their games come in the sequals. If their second games were their first games they would be one of the best companies out there. Peter Molynuex (spelt wron no doubt i hate his last name) said Fable to reinvent the way we played RPGs or Action games or whatever, but Fable 2 looks like it more reinvents the way we play them rather than Fable 1.
nmital89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nmital89
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts
yes. it has a lack of depth. but the story and the fighting gameplay is just so phenomenal I loved the game. Oblivion has more to do overall. but Fable dominates the elements of story and fighting.
idrank2much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 idrank2much
Member since 2008 • 578 Posts

both game companies should do a project together (oblivion and fable)

Avatar image for LoneMercenary08
LoneMercenary08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 LoneMercenary08
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

I bought Two Worlds and have Oblivion......Oblivion is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH SUPERIOR TO 2 WORLDS!!!!!!! I WOULD RECOMMEND NOT GETTING 2 WORLDS......ONCE UVE PLAYED OBLIVION, U CANT GO LOWER (ex. Two Worlds)

Eseyze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Eseyze
Member since 2008 • 462 Posts

You must be new to Lionhead studios. A lot of the time the depth of their games come in the sequals. If their second games were their first games they would be one of the best companies out there. Peter Molynuex (spelt wron no doubt i hate his last name) said Fable to reinvent the way we played RPGs or Action games or whatever, but Fable 2 looks like it more reinvents the way we play them rather than Fable 1.Agent_Kaliaver

Isn't that the truth. Peter Molynuex in general does wonderful stuff, but his sequels all ways stand out. Dungeon Keeper anyone?

molloytom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 molloytom
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
overlord is pretty good and really funny cause you can go around killing people if you get bored:D