Games for 6-7 year boy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ropumar (1116 posts) -

I need games to recommend to a 6-7 year old boy, but needs to be a non-violents game because his mom banned violent games at his home. (he was playint to much call of duty and talking about killing nazis)

I came up with:

Kameo: Elements of Power

Braid

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

Would like some help with few other games.

Oh, and is fable 2 really mature? I was going to recommend until i saw the M rating...

#2 Posted by steelhokie123 (227 posts) -

I think all of those check out for a 6 year old kid exept Fable. From what I heard you can do some xxx stuff.;):oops::shock:So Id say no Fable.

#3 Posted by kunggustaf (883 posts) -

What about Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts?

#4 Posted by Private_Adam (9864 posts) -
Open Season, Kung fu Panda, Cars, and Cars: Mater-National. That's all I can think of right now.
#5 Posted by snakeg887 (310 posts) -

Halo 3 is a kids game IMO. Pink bullets and enemies that look like something off a kids tv show? pshh

#6 Posted by Smokescreened84 (2517 posts) -

Viva Pinata may be a little complicated for a child, it looks like it would be good for kids, but the games are quite demanding. At that age he should be outside playing, not cooped up playing video games.

There are movie games based off popular animated movies like Wall-E and others, games like Feeding Frenzy, Mario, if there's a Nintendo system in the equation, and some older games that aren't rated for older ages.

R/T

#7 Posted by PlasmaBeam44 (9052 posts) -

He'll love any of the Lego games. And a big no on the Fable. That game can and will get very racy.

#8 Posted by Smokescreened84 (2517 posts) -

Agreed with the Lego games, they are perfect for a child. Even for a big kid.::soft smile:: Lego Star Wars, Complete Saga, especially since its a lot of fun, though the puzzles can sometimes be a pain if you're just wanting to rush through. But still, they're a lot of fun for all ages.

R/T

#9 Posted by Vashn (1416 posts) -

fable 2 isn't really mature per se..you can get married and have sex, but if he's 7 he shouldn't really know how to, as its kind of tricky. Lure them to your bed, do a special emote, lol, and it black screens so he can't see anything.

but as for suggestions, maybe burnout paradise, guitar hero games, lego star wars, marvel vs DC universe (kind of violent, but you can't kill anyone and thats a really big part of the game, everytime you get in a fight supermans always like "WE CANT KILL HIM GODDDD" so teach him not to kill people? lol), or that sonic game

#10 Posted by DecadesOfGaming (3100 posts) -

I need games to recommend to a 6-7 year old boy, but needs to be a non-violents game because his mom banned violent games at his home. (he was playint to much call of duty and talking about killing nazis)

I came up with:

Braid

Oh, and is fable 2 really mature? I was going to recommend until i saw the M rating...

ropumar

a toddler nazi killer.. that's hilarious.. sounds like another Chucky movie to me !

#11 Posted by RD1109 (558 posts) -

I came up with:

Braid

ropumar

They're all great choices EXCEPT Fable. I love Fable, but you can have sex and blow peoples heads off.... not to good for a 6 year old. Also, I would suggest Banjo kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and any Disney game like maybe Wall-E

#12 Posted by LightColor (2709 posts) -
dude sports games is for sure 6-all ages lol
#13 Posted by _Kikode_ (434 posts) -

What are you doing on a game site making that type of comment. When I was 6 years old I was playing NES I hardly ever watched TV so instead of eating away my brain cells I was at least being mentally active. Back on Topic get Banjo Kazooie and his parents also might let him play Portal lots of puzzles and not really violent. People mentioned Lego games and I agree they can be a blast. From the preview I saw of Blue Dragon it might be kid appropriate.

#14 Posted by MEOWWW123 (867 posts) -

Portal might be a little complicated for a 6 year old. Banjo Kazooie is def a good choice. This thread would be way easier if we were looking for a wii game :) .

#15 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
you should be happy he wants to kill nazis lol racist ppl lol but 4real he shouldn't be talken about that anyways but then again thats how kids are any age untill they do grow up look into lego star wars the complete sage not that violent of a gasme just some Lego's running around switching a life saver lol pretty fun game to me (i'm a person who takes a game and play it as the producers meant to be and not something i want) cheak it out.
#16 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
oo the naruto games are pretty cool somewhat violent but not as much
#17 Posted by gow117 (2963 posts) -
fable aint appropriate :P it has sexual content, altough not strong but it has. and heads pop up as well. as for the rest of the list is fine. some sports and racing are also good.
#18 Posted by nate_c-12 (3072 posts) -
Gears of Wars, Halo 3, Ninja Giaden 2, Fallout 3, and the new Wolverine game! jk jk The EA sports games are good, The Maw(arcade), Uno(arcade), and A Kingdom for Kefflings(arcade). BTW Braid had VERY complicated puzzles for a 6 yr. old!!!!!
#19 Posted by vashkey (33770 posts) -
WHat do you mean, non-violent games? Kameo has some violence. I think even Viva Pinata has a little violence. Is there a certain level of violence that is acceptable.
#20 Posted by ANewGoldenAge (247 posts) -

In Fable 2 you can (whistle) with people and get... things... from them.

I'd suggest Castle Crashers. Humorous, fun and addictive.

EDIT: If he's afraid of girls, then maybe not Castle Crashers.

EDIT 2: Fable 2 sex isn't hard. My friend said he was lost, and thought he was paying a chick in a random, abandoned house for directions. His little brother and niece/cousin or something (he's a teen) were in the room.

#21 Posted by munchlax99 (11536 posts) -

sports games

when i was 6, i had a ps2 and nothing but sports games.

i still love sports games

#22 Posted by jirca87 (539 posts) -

The Lego games would be great. They're not really violent (it is just legos, after all) and they do have some problem solving. Plus there's co-op, so you could play with him, or maybe try to get the parents involved to play with him. I know they've been great for my 8-year old(future)cousins. Plus they are just a lot of fun to play even with my fiancee.

#23 Posted by Joss09 (263 posts) -

GTA 4

#24 Posted by gow117 (2963 posts) -

GTA 4

Joss09
bowling :)
#25 Posted by Dawq902 (6796 posts) -

Any of the movie games or lego games would be great, thier are also some other games that would work well for him. Just no to Fable 2. It is violent and you can have your way with loose women (and men).

#26 Posted by Bhoone (169 posts) -

smakdown vs raw 2009

tna impact

lumines

cars

sonic

#27 Posted by PervySageIsamu (227 posts) -
basically all the ones that have been named so far to be honest there are almost no kids games for that young of age id give the kid a pokemon game personally cause halo , shooting games, gory games thats all there is now and days you cant find a game that doesn't involve killing
#28 Posted by CerpinCygnus (756 posts) -

By "non-violent" I'm going to assume that you mean no blood,gore,or killing innocent people because really,you aren't going to find many games without any violence. Oh and Viva Pinata:TiP can be kind of hard to grasp for a kid,but it has a "Just For Fun" mode where your garden doesn't get raided and you're given infinate money.

Banjo Kazooie:N&B

Sonic Unleashed

Marvel:Ultimate Alliance

Lego games

Street Fighter IV

Tales Of Vesperia

Beautiful Katamari

Geometry Wars 2

#29 Posted by Vashn (1416 posts) -

basically all the ones that have been named so far to be honest there are almost no kids games for that young of age id give the kid a pokemon game personally cause halo , shooting games, gory games thats all there is now and days you cant find a game that doesn't involve killing PervySageIsamu

i agree with this kind, kinda. I was older than 7 when i got my first gameboy, and i had pokemon, zelda, etc. Buy him one of those imho lol

#30 Posted by eagles_band (2969 posts) -

The kid wont be able to play Braid, tricky puzzles. Fable II is too mature for a 7 year old.

#31 Posted by xXmeatwad225Xx (1553 posts) -
I just have 1 question. What's wrong with talking about killing Nazis?... But I would say that any LEGO game would be good, I mean I'm 17 and LOVE those games myself so I'm guessing that a 6 year old would enjoy them too :)
#32 Posted by Sonny360Elite (1577 posts) -
As others have suggested, look at LEGO games, I think they are coming out with LEGO Harry Potter soon. Those games are also more affordable. Look into sports games too mostly EA Sports, FIFA, MADDEN, MLB, and you can get him the older one because they're just as good. Hmmm..maybe Monsters Vs Aliens? At that age I really enjoyed all games, but mostly I'd suggest LEGO games and sports games. The LEGOs IDK if he'll feel like he is too old for that, get him Marvel: Ultimate Alliance that's a real good game, the next one comes out in September. Damn I really forget what else but theres a lot of good ones, go to Best Buy and check their selection. -LEGO games(Indiana Jones, Batman, Star Wars, and Harry Potter soon) -Sports games(MADDEN or NHL from EA) -Marvel: Ultimate Alliance I can't think of anymore right now, I'm sorry.