Games coming out this holiday season...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

I dont know, for some strange reason im not really hyped for anything coming out this holiday. I dont know if its just i was spoiled from last year, with COD4, Halo 3, ME, etc. but...i dont really want to get any new games..anyone in the same boat, or am i the only one?

Also, since people will be telling me to blog about this most likely, what games are you most excited about? :P

kunggustaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kunggustaf
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts

I dont know, for some strange reason im not really hyped for anything coming out this holiday. I dont know if its just i was spoiled from last year, with COD4, Halo 3, ME, etc. but...i dont really want to get any new games..anyone in the same boat, or am i the only one?

Also, since people will be telling me to blog about this most likely, what games are you most excited about? :P

DarkMagic27

Well, I am almost in the same boat as you. I will only buy 2 more games this year. Gears2 and Banjo, I can skip the rest.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#3 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts
What are you guys talking about this holiday season will rock. I'am already gonna buy Fallout 3 on day one at Best Buy and then I'll buy Call Of Duty 5 and Gears 2 and I also have my eye on the new Prince of Persia.
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
the only one i'm looking forward to as far as "holiday season" games go...is left 4 dead
karim11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 karim11
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts
when does COD5 come out??
krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 krystians
Member since 2004 • 3577 Posts
the only one i'm looking forward to as far as "holiday season" games go...is left 4 deadLessThanMike
Left 4 Dead is going to be great.
Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts
Are you serious? I'm getting a ton of games. I've already bought Rock Band 2 ans NHL 09, and I'll be getting Fable II, Gears 2, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, and Tom Clancy's EndWar too!
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KamikazeDonut
Crap I forgot about Fable 2 , Dead Space, Quantum of Solace, and Far Cry 2
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KamikazeDonut

when does COD5 come out??karim11

Nov. 11?

Desperados11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Desperados11
Member since 2004 • 525 Posts

This year is not a big shooter year

Maybe that's why u guys are feeling down a bit :P

It's a huge RPG year tho hehe

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

What are you guys talking about this holiday season will rock. I'am already gonna buy Fallout 3 on day one at Best Buy and then I'll buy Call Of Duty 5 and Gears 2 and I also have my eye on the new Prince of Persia. KamikazeDonut

I have to say I also don't get how they aren't excited for the games this year. I mean, there are 7 games that are MUST HAVES for me easy! Gears 2, Fable 2, Baja, Left 4 Dead, Shaun White Snowboarding, NBA 2K9/Live, Dead Space, Saints Row 2, Farcry 2, and the list goes on!!! This is a stellar year for games so it's crazy to hear people not excited about it.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#13 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
you're crazy man! this year of gaming is gonna be the best in a loooooong time! with stuff like Gears 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, Far Cry 2, LBP, Resistance 2, Mirrors Edge, etc., how are you not excited?!?!
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
I'm getting saints row 2, fable 2 and far cry 2.
km1498

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 km1498
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts
Lets see... COD5, Fable 2, fallout 3, Gears 2, just to name four.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#16 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well ill end up with novembers releases ,, of quantum of solace for wii and 360 ,

and wwe 2009 for one of the 3 i plan to get all 3 some time ,

thats pretty much it unless nfs is good,

bk3 i think ill pass. i dont think it wil be like bk1 because the original teams all lef t rare to form their own or go with other companies,

so its hard for me to decide on that as ive already been disappointed 4 times this gen by rare 1 is the ds version of the n64 game of dkr, its buggy always tells me to reinsert card then the 360 games like pd0 kameo vivapinata all were lame at best even when pd64 was awsome ,

to top it off xbox1s games werent that good even the port of n64s conker bfd lacked cursing which n64 had odlly as it sounded, the part with he big mighty poo was all sensored ,lol then the ghoolies whic was good but only for one time through it not like goldeneye bk1 or jfg not even pd64

rare just disapponted me since they went over to microsoft,

decmbers ill get cod5 , and i think one of ps3s exclusives unless wii animal crossing is good ,

never played one , but as far as mirrors edge i know little about the series, i dont expect much from a new comer to the game industry, ive seen far to many already that failed, miserablly- lair 4.0 too human 4,5 star wars -which was a suprise 7/5 360 ps3 6.0 ps2 wii

so im not gonna take any chances with any of the following

mirrors edge

little big planet,

or wii music

these 3 look like their destined to fail ,

DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkMagic27"]

kunggustaf

Well, I am almost in the same boat as you. I will only buy 2 more games this year. Gears2 and Banjo, I can skip the rest.

yea, banjo is looking good, i think i might pick that one up.

alamgir1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 alamgir1942
Member since 2005 • 700 Posts
[QUOTE="kunggustaf"][QUOTE="DarkMagic27"]

DarkMagic27

yea, banjo is looking good, i think i might pick that one up.

LOL you say that with like every game and you're probably going to buy a bunch of games and never play them. You haven't even beat Mass Effect yet! xD

And this year is pretty good. Right now I am just going to get Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts

i cant relate really. i still only want far cry 2, call of duty world at war, and prince of persia.