Game Informer Gives Bad Company a 9.25

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Other reviews: MGS 4 - 10, 9.75 - "MGS4 accommodates player choice unlike anything I have ever seen, providing you with the tools to overcome obstacles in any way you choose." "The freedom even extends to the Boss Fights." "...a landmark gaming experience that continually astounds with it's variety, depth, and intelligence." Battlefield: Bad Company - 9.25, 9.25 - Single player campaign ok, multiplayer awesome (CoD4 type ranking system). Civ Revolution - 9, 9.25 - "Hands down, best strategy title to appear on consoles to date." Hellboy: Science of Evil - 7, 6.75 Iron Man - 3.75, 4.25 Grid - 9, 9.25 Lego Indy - 7, 7 Nascar 09 - 8, 8 Quake Wars - 8, 7.25 Ninja Gaiden 2 - 8.75, 8.5 Mass Effect - 9.5, 9.75 Haze - 6.25, 5.75 Boom Blox - 8.5, 8 We Love Golf - 6, 6.25 Blast Works - 8, 8.25 Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - 8.75, 9.25 Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 - 8, 8 Secret Agent Clank - 8.5, 8.5 (Thanks to HarlockJC) I'm surprised that it was that high.
imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 imakillaholic
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts
Wow! Same here, and I did enjoy the demo.. Looks like I'll be picking this title up, if other reviews hold up well.
imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 imakillaholic
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts
I was expecting 7.5, 8 at the most.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
i was really excited about this game anyway but i never thought it would get AAA status. it's a cobfirmed buy for me now.
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
oNOw all those people who said it sucked compared to Call of duty 4 and that they canceled their orders will feel dumb. 8 giant maps. Awesome ranking system. demo ranks are supposedly getting moved into the game. No Lag when they fix the servers. Constant developer support. Downloadable conquest mode.Free DLC. What is there not to like
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
I wasn't expecting Civic Revolution to get that high of a score as well...
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
I was a big fan of battlefield but this game dissapointed me with the demo... i thought it was pretty lame
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
i haven't tried the demo, but with all the negative opinions coming from the community, i never expected it to be that high.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

I wasn't expecting Civic Revolution to get that high of a score as well...feryl06

Yeah, i'm surprised by both of those as well. Although i love the Battlefield demo, i wasn't expecting that kind of score. Makes me wonder what everyone will say about it?

i haven't tried the demo, but with all the negative opinions coming from the community, i never expected it to be that high.bulletsword

Most of the negative opinions, i believe, came from other FPS players that never played other Battlefields and expected a CoD4 or Halo 3 experience.

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts

I hope I get my newest issue of Game Informer soon, love that mag!

Anyway, I knew the Civ game would get high ratings, the demo is great. The visuals are very nice, they got rid of a lot of the tedious stuff from the PC game and just left the good parts. Seems like their ratings match what I had in mind and I'm sure others will agree.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts
oNOw all those people who said it sucked compared to Call of duty 4 and that they canceled their orders will feel dumb. 8 giant maps. Awesome ranking system. demo ranks are supposedly getting moved into the game. No Lag when they fix the servers. Constant developer support. Downloadable conquest mode.Free DLC. What is there not to likePacBoy23
The game itself is not to like. Its an okay game. But I cant so many people are saying that this game owns call of duty 4. Call of duty 4 blows this game out of the freaking water.
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PacBoy23

[QUOTE="PacBoy23"]oNOw all those people who said it sucked compared to Call of duty 4 and that they canceled their orders will feel dumb. 8 giant maps. Awesome ranking system. demo ranks are supposedly getting moved into the game. No Lag when they fix the servers. Constant developer support. Downloadable conquest mode.Free DLC. What is there not to likeairg6
The game itself is not to like. Its an okay game. But I cant so many people are saying that this game owns call of duty 4. Call of duty 4 blows this game out of the freaking water.

that is what im talking about your wrong Call of duty 4 is a different genre in my opinon it is war and guns it doesnt make it the same. Battlefield is a actual battle with vehicles and so on their different but nothing says they both cant be good. Anyway Call of duty 4 has gotten old so why not move over to battlefield

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts

[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="PacBoy23"]oNOw all those people who said it sucked compared to Call of duty 4 and that they canceled their orders will feel dumb. 8 giant maps. Awesome ranking system. demo ranks are supposedly getting moved into the game. No Lag when they fix the servers. Constant developer support. Downloadable conquest mode.Free DLC. What is there not to likePacBoy23

that is what im talking about your wrong Call of duty 4 is a different genre in my opinon it is war and guns it doesnt make it the same. Battlefield is a actual battle with vehicles and so on their different but nothing says they both cant be good. Anyway Call of duty 4 has gotten old so why not move over to battlefield

Yeah, I guess youre right about it being a different genre, but I just couldn't get into it. I like games like gears of war and call of duty that dont have huge maps so I can get into the action relatively fast.
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PacBoy23
[QUOTE="PacBoy23"]

[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="PacBoy23"]oNOw all those people who said it sucked compared to Call of duty 4 and that they canceled their orders will feel dumb. 8 giant maps. Awesome ranking system. demo ranks are supposedly getting moved into the game. No Lag when they fix the servers. Constant developer support. Downloadable conquest mode.Free DLC. What is there not to likeairg6

Yeah, I guess youre right about it being a different genre, but I just couldn't get into it. I like games like gears of war and call of duty that dont have huge maps so I can get into the action relatively fast.

I understand what your saying im just tired of everyone hating the game and constantly praising COD4

RagdollMan98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RagdollMan98
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts
While I'm not the biggest Game Informer fan, I think I will give B:BC a chance.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

[QUOTE="feryl06"]I wasn't expecting Civic Revolution to get that high of a score as well...DZBricktop

Yeah, i'm surprised by both of those as well. Although i love the Battlefield demo, i wasn't expecting that kind of score. Makes me wonder what everyone will say about it?

i haven't tried the demo, but with all the negative opinions coming from the community, i never expected it to be that high.bulletsword

Most of the negative opinions, i believe, came from other FPS players that never played other Battlefields and expected a CoD4 or Halo 3 experience.

i've played the other Battlefields (just 2 and 2142). its starting to not sound as bad. i liked the BF games more than COD4 and Halo

PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PacBoy23

While I'm not the biggest Game Informer fan, I think I will give B:BC a chance.RagdollMan98

thats what I want to hear because it is going to be the game of the summer for 360 anyway

suzukigsxr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 suzukigsxr
Member since 2005 • 697 Posts
I have had mix feelings about this game ever since I heard about it. Initially, I was super stoked for it because I loved all the PC Battlefield's and I actually enjoyed Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on the 360. Then for some reason or another I lost all interest in this game and then I saw a video and I was stoked again. I recently played the demo and it didn't do much for me. The destruction is cool and the multiplayer and single player was fun but I just don't think it is worth 60 bucks to me. I will probably pick it up when it drops in price to like 30 or something but by that point, I doubt a lot of people will still be playing it except for the hardcore guys so I will just get smoked online and not have any fun with it. I guess we will wait and see but for right now, its a pass for me.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
A review isnt going to create hype or make my hype for a game go higher. I played the demo and I know what I played. Granted, I haven't played the full game but it just didnt feel like a 9.25 game to me. And that's, that.
tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 tancred8120
Member since 2007 • 7937 Posts
Battlefield is an awesome series... I'm glad it got a high score
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

I think the reason Call of duty fans didn't like this game that much is because they are used to simply running around solo in a pretty map simply getting kills. And when you try to do that same gameplay in BC it is not as satisfying as it is in COD4, because the maps are so big and there are other variable to worry about, i.e., tanks, artilary, etc. howerver, BBC emphasis and impliments squad base gamplay by allowing a squade of 4 to spawn next to each other and encourage squade play by giving extra points for kills if you kill an enemy in a squad. When I found a good four man squad to play with it really put me in the game. All four of us would jump in a humvee roll around the back of a building storm and clear rooms and blow up the objective. It really works when you find good people to play with. Also, this game feels like you are in the middle of a war and the defining charatorist of war is chaos, that straight out of a military book. I used to be in the infantry. Anyway, it gives you that feeling when buildings are blowing up and when your trying to defend your objective under extrem fire power. This game grew on me and i can't wait to buy it now. When i first poped it in i was like this is lame and remined me of Modern Combat. However, putting more time into the game it became increasing clear that this was a master piece!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Battlefield is an awesome series... I'm glad it got a high scoretancred8120

I'm glad you feel that way. It does show promise but I'm still on the fence. I love your avatar, lol. :)