Frontlines - big multiplayer...but where is everybody???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

andyb27newc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 andyb27newc
Member since 2006 • 254 Posts
I got Frontlines yesterday and so far I really like it - more arcady than cod4 (I still love cod4 tho!) - however, when I've played multiplayer on Frontlines (I've only had a couple of matches so far on multiplayer) there was only 6/7 people in the match - I thought the big selling point was 32/50 people online in this - how come I've only had 6/7 people in matches - I went straight to uick match so it should have been on these dedicated server things right??? anyone got any ideas??? i wanna battle with 32 others!!!
bxgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 bxgt
Member since 2006 • 3035 Posts
well maybe there on halo 3 or call of duty 4.
laxattack7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 laxattack7
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
Playing Call of Duty 4
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
frontlines isn't a huge hit with alot of ppl, give it a lil more time mayb n ppl would get it for the MP fun lol
turbo_20000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 turbo_20000
Member since 2007 • 307 Posts

yer and does anybody elses lag or have trouble getting into some games ?

callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts

yer and does anybody elses lag or have trouble getting into some games ?

turbo_20000

I don't have it, but in the MP demo, the only servers that don't lag are the dedicated ones, and they are usually full.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts
they're playing CoD4, Halo3 or waiting for Vegas 2
Eseyze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eseyze
Member since 2008 • 462 Posts
You have to play on dedicated servers to find more than seven people... I was just playing last night and there was a good list of maybe 15 servers each with at least 10 people. A good number of them were in Europe though, but it is still playable without lag. If you play matches hosted by other LIVE users, you will only find a few people in a game.
bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
I'm not going to buy a subpar battlefield clone when there's a new battlefield coming out soon.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
deactivated-5d3f70a961d94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
Their playing something better
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Search for a custom match with big teams. You might be getting differrent gametypes or something
deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

Their playing something betterjoshim982003

i love your sig

and true

frontlines isnt that great of a game

Ligh_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Ligh_warrior
Member since 2004 • 194 Posts
yeah front line fuel of war is not a great game, they have frame rate problems and there's hell of lag!!!!!
andyb27newc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 andyb27newc
Member since 2006 • 254 Posts
i think that frontlines is a good game - remember cod4 is an awesome game - but frontlines is a good blast - especially considering nothing else new is out - anyway - i did uick search when finding multiplayer matches - how do i make sure im on dedicated servers to get 32 players etc - do i need to go to custom match - i cant be arsed to read the manual tonight???
slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts
playin cod4 as simple as that
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
I'm not going to buy a subpar battlefield clone when there's a new battlefield coming out soon.bessy67
Yep, I`m waiting on the REAL thing. Bad Company is gonna ROCK!
Eseyze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eseyze

i think that frontlines is a good game - remember cod4 is an awesome game - but frontlines is a good blast - especially considering nothing else new is out - anyway - i did uick search when finding multiplayer matches - how do i make sure im on dedicated servers to get 32 players etc - do i need to go to custom match - i cant be arsed to read the manual tonight???andyb27newc

All of the dedicated servers names say something like EU 1.2 or CA 3.1 or something along the lines of that. You will know because you will see a lot of severs with 10/32, 23/32, and so on.

SoCaliCyc0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SoCaliCyc0
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts

In every game I play, there's at least 20 players in every match.

I do, however, think a lot of people are idiots. Kaos is PROVIDING us with DEDICATED SERVERS yet morons continually host their own games and leave those servers empty. This sends them a message that they don't have to provide servers and players are content with hosting matches and allowing the Host to play GOD like in Gears of War (and for those of you who say being Host isn't beneficial, you're idiots).

Eseyze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eseyze

I do, however, think a lot of people are idiots. Kaos is PROVIDING us with DEDICATED SERVERS yet morons continually host their own games and leave those servers empty. This sends them a message that they don't have to provide servers and players are content with hosting matches and allowing the Host to play GOD like in Gears of War (and for those of you who say being Host isn't beneficial, you're idiots).

SoCaliCyc0

I agree. I think everyone should get this in their heads now. START USING DEDICATED SERVERS. I think this can really be something and I'm glad Kaos is branching out. I think it's going to catch on, it's just new and Frontlines is getting mixed reactions left and right. Once people above the age of 12 start playing, the dedicated servers will start filling up hopefully.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

SoCaliCyc0

Gears of war has very poor networking code.

Host ISNT beneficial if the HOST has everything set CORRECTLY to MATCH their connection's UPLOAD SPEED. Its all about the UPLOAD!
ZJM9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 ZJM9
Member since 2004 • 103 Posts
I have Frontlines if anyone wants to play. Send me a friend request and/or game invite. XBL Gamertag: BigZman95
RolandReeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RolandReeve
Member since 2005 • 3900 Posts
thats the problem w/ games w/ a lot of ppl... not enough ppl to play the big games
ZJM9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZJM9
Member since 2004 • 103 Posts
When you invite to play Frontlines make sure you mention that you're from Gamespot or I'll get confused and ask you twenty questions about who you are and why you want to play Frontlines with me
Blaster2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Blaster2k7
Member since 2006 • 793 Posts
I can't get into any of the dedicated servers. It keeps saying that the game lobby is closed when there is 26/32. All I can play are custom matches with other XBOX LIVE members hosting.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
playin better games
Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hatefish2
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts
I love how everyone says "playing better games" and they've probably never even tried it. Oh well..
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -DirtySanchez-
I love how everyone says "playing better games" and they've probably never even tried it. Oh well..Hatefish2
i played the demo, ugly, jaggy, and no one was there, i ran around in the pregame map thing for like 15 minutes well it waited for others to join, i dint liek the controls the look or the feel, so sorry it doesnt live up to my low standards
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#28 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Wait for Enemy Territory: QUAKE WARS!!!

Its the best battlefield style game ive played, and im enjoying it tons on PC. Ill probably buy it on 360 as well, because my cousin said he will get for sure when its on 360.

Eseyze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Eseyze

[QUOTE="Hatefish2"]I love how everyone says "playing better games" and they've probably never even tried it. Oh well..-DirtySanchez-
i played the demo, ugly, jaggy, and no one was there, i ran around in the pregame map thing for like 15 minutes well it waited for others to join, i dint liek the controls the look or the feel, so sorry it doesnt live up to my low standards

I stopped at demo.

mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 mclakers
Member since 2003 • 456 Posts
i bought it yesterday, will play it tonight
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -DirtySanchez-

[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Hatefish2"]I love how everyone says "playing better games" and they've probably never even tried it. Oh well..Eseyze

I stopped at demo.

so did i, cuz theres no way id try the real thing after that mess
Eseyze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Eseyze
[QUOTE="Eseyze"]

[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="Hatefish2"]I love how everyone says "playing better games" and they've probably never even tried it. Oh well..-DirtySanchez-

I stopped at demo.

so did i, cuz theres no way id try the real thing after that mess

BWA, HA, HA.