This topic is locked from further discussion.

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts
of all my frnds im the worst at fps games and most of them dont have a console at all any tips to help me be better at fps beside the obivous play more lol
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Mess around with various control schemes and look sensitivity. Overall though you just need to practice. Beat the singleplayer on easy,normal,and maybe even try hard on some games.
TOC48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 TOC48
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

Mess around with various control schemes and look sensitivity. Overall though you just need to practice. Beat the singleplayer on easy,normal,and maybe even try hard on some games.craigalan23

Exactly what this guy said. I never had this problem because i got started into shooter games at age 7 or 8.....so i am great at them by instinct.

Spankyqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spankyqwerty
Member since 2004 • 126 Posts

of all my frnds im the worst at fps games and most of them dont have a console at all any tips to help me be better at fps beside the obivous play more lolsrdjan311

I think im pretty good at FPS games in general, and a top tip from me would be to lower your horizontal sensitivity. I was part of a little league we ran for CoD4 and i was the only person who used low sensitivity for that, and i won by some margin. Other than that, practice makes perfect, you will find some FPS games will come naturally, some will require work. Call of Duty has always come naturally to me, whereas i picked up Resistance 2 and could only get about 1.5:1 on the kills/death ratio.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
play with the sensitivity, and before u even try online try to beat the SP campaign on the hardest or second hardest difficulty. u have to find a controller mould that works for u
Saije

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Saije
Member since 2004 • 417 Posts
Play every game on its highest difficulty and fight through the frustration. The greatest ability humans have is that of adaptation, you'll adapt to new stimulus and circumstances if given enough time. I used to play UT 2000 on the highest possible speed against godlike bots. Yeah I died... A lot, but when I played other people it was like they were moving in slow motion, easy pickings. Also always play against the most difficult opponents you can, if you play against weaklings little is gained, if you play against the best you'll begin to adopt their habbits and gain insight on their techniques. It may be frustrating to get pounded but believe me, you get strongest by facing the strongest opponents.
srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts
k thnks i really appreciate it
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#8 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
keep moving, circle stafing and juming is a good combo with you combine speed, aim and aiming, it gives you the edge on any battle
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

of all my frnds im the worst at fps games and most of them dont have a console at all any tips to help me be better at fps beside the obivous play more lolsrdjan311

I also am not that good at FPS games, but here are some tips that help me survive:

1- Take cover at every opportunity. All it takes is one head shot to kill you, so don't give the enemy the opportunity.

2- Always reload when you're taking cover. You don't want to expose your position and be firing with a near empty clip.

3- Focus on the red reticule. Don't fore your weapon unless the reticule is red, otherwise kickback will throw off your balance slightly, and also you're wasting ammo.

4- Familiarize yourself with the enemies position. Fire your weapon at the enemy, not the enemies general direction.

5- Also, (this one may sound wierd) play on the hardest difficulty. The extreme challenge will force you to learn and absorb each and every thing that can get you killed. These skills will translate into your play style, and you will fing the challenge more and more bearable.

Hope this helps a bit.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Aim for the head boy
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Online play will help you loads. After I played Gears 1 before I got live, it took me a while and I had quite a bit of trouble, especially with RAAM. But I started playing the game online, than I played the game on Casual again (I also beat it on Insane which helped a lot as well) and the game was incredibly easy.