First Gen Elites are now getting rings of death!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Spinbrett
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts

My launch 360 premium got the rings, used warranty and paid extra for the elite a little over a year ago. The elite lasted 12 months before it also got the rings. I took it back to best buy to cash in warranty and get another one. The guy at returns said he's now for the first time seeing large numbers of elites going bad and being returned. My question is, are the new elites identical as the old ones? I did notice that the newer box says go big while the old one didnt, also, the headset is different in the new elites. Any improvements or can I expect this elite to last one year also? On system 3 right now and counting.....

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

no thats not the way it works.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
I'm sure most early Elites have had or will have the RROD. They use almost the same components as the Premiums, which as we all know suffer from massive RROD problems. Still sucks though, especially for the people who have to go through multiple replacement systems. I'm on my first repaired 360 (fixed back in October) and so far no problems! ::knocks on wood::
Danplunkett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Danplunkett
Member since 2005 • 422 Posts

I'm sure most early Elites have had or will have the RROD. They use almost the same components as the Premiums, which as we all know suffer from massive RROD problems. Still sucks though, especially for the people who have to go through multiple replacement systems. I'm on my first repaired 360 (fixed back in October) and so far no problems! ::knocks on wood::EnderSR388

same here bro!!! except mine broke back in november

Spinbrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spinbrett
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts

old parts isnt good

saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 saiyanlarry
Member since 2003 • 548 Posts
My system is 2 years and 2 months old and ive never had problems with it...
l3laZeX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 l3laZeX3
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts
yes because certainly one cashier is all knowing
Avatar image for GameMasterCraig
GameMasterCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GameMasterCraig
Member since 2007 • 630 Posts
I got my Elite at Xmas and I've seen the RROD once and a red ring in Q4 twice, but I hven't sent it in yet. Lately its been freezing but I'll wait for the worst until I send it away.
moe3777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 moe3777
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
wow that sucks guys..... i bought my xbox 360 back on launch day..and its still going strong!!!! awhile back i bought a another xbox thinking it was time for my old one to take a dirt nap but it hasnt yet so maybe i got one of the good ones