Finished HALO 3 , is HALO 2 woth trying ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bahaa3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Bahaa3000
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts

I finished HALO on the PC when it came and jsut finished HALO 3 .

Is HALO 2 worth to play ? or should i just play HALO 3 on Legendary ?

Warlord20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Warlord20
Member since 2006 • 2855 Posts

To me they are all the same. I have them all and like them all but i played them in order. If you care about the actual story then yea you can get it and complete the series. If you only care about the gameplay then its kind of a step backwards and not neccessary.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
if you are wondering what is going on in the story and who are all these people, then yes... since u have already played halo3, i doubt that the infamous "cliffhanger" in Halo2 will have as much effect on you...
Bahaa3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Bahaa3000
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts
if you are wondering what is going on in the story and who are all these people, then yes... since u have already played halo3, i doubt that the infamous "cliffhanger" in Halo2 will have as much effect on you...a55a55inx
\i guess :? and it seems that as Warlord20 said it won't be a new experince like HALO 3 was to me from HALO
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
For story, Halo 2. If not, forget it.
Ibaapzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Ibaapzo
Member since 2003 • 253 Posts
It's definetly worth the play, sure. If you're into the story, the obvious answer is yes, play it. You can still find a lot of multi-player action on Halo 2 if that interests you.
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
Tons of people still play Halo 2 and by playing online it makes your B.Net stats look better, and by the way, I'm sure you already know this but software emulation for Xbox Originals on Xbox 360 requires a system firmware update along with a hard drive to play (I am not assuming your Xbox 360 console will be connected to an ethernet port and have a HDD, this is a common mistake).
N9ne-xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 N9ne-xx
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts

I hated Halo :| 1 2 3

But for some reason I loved 2.

Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Louis_Routledge
I liked them all but 2 is my least favorite except for the multiplayer. The story just seemed kinda far-fetched and predictable to me.
Ibaapzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ibaapzo
Member since 2003 • 253 Posts
I liked them all but 2 is my leastfavoriteexcept for the multiplayer. The story just seemed kinda far-fetched and predictable to me.Louis_Routledge
Seconded. Halo's seem to have the same relation in regards to liking the game as COD's. Most people who liked COD one through three hated four, and vice-versa. Most players who liked Halo one and three didn't like two, with the exception of the multiplayer. Hum.
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Louis_Routledge

[QUOTE="Louis_Routledge"]I liked them all but 2 is my leastfavoriteexcept for the multiplayer. The story just seemed kinda far-fetched and predictable to me.Ibaapzo
Seconded. Halo's seem to have the same relation in regards to liking the game as COD's. Most people who liked COD one through three hated four, and vice-versa. Most players who liked Halo one and three didn't like two, with the exception of the multiplayer. Hum.

Definitely agreed, I'm going a little off topic here, but yes I 100% agree, the single player on COD 1- 3 was excellent but the multiplayer left a little to be desired, however 4 was made by a different group of developers and they focused more on the multiplayer than they did on the single player, which in turn had some serious flaws and was pretty uneventful and not much fun in comparison to the addictive and amusing multiplayer.

If I want to play a good, true to life, emotional story with a cup of coffee on a Sunday night, I'll probably settle down in front of one of the earlier COD games and play a few levels, but if I just want a quick burst of action to kill 10 minutes or so, I'll play on COD4's multiplayer.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
yeah why not, it's cheap now and the campaign is ok.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 starfox2468
Member since 2006 • 2782 Posts
no,halo 2 is not worth it.the story isnt much anyways if you played 3
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
If you like the games, sure. Each game is a bit different. In Halo, the gameplay seemed very smooth, then Halo 2 everything seemed sharper. When I first played Halo 3, the controls felt too clunky, but on higher-than-normal sensitivities it were alright.
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Louis_Routledge
Well H2 is $1-4 in all good game stores, even sealed it's $5.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
It had the best story of the 3, so if that interests you, go for it.
Slevan73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Slevan73
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
if you really enjoyed the stories then 2 is worth it. And the cliffhanger ending that you probally have heard about won't bother you as much becuase you know what happens in 3. But if you like the story its better to just read the books or the comic. To me the halo stories have always had good ideas but the games have never really been able to do justice to them. The books suprisingly do it better.
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Louis_Routledge

if you really enjoyed the stories then 2 is worth it. And the cliffhanger ending that you probally have heard about won't bother you as much becuase you know what happens in 3. But if you like the story its better to just read the books or the comic. To me the halo stories have always had good ideas but the games have never really been able to do justice to them. The books suprisingly do it better.Slevan73

True points, and the books do the game's story more justice than the games give it, but the idea of six year olds saving the world kinda bored me and seemed a little childish.

Besides, H2 is cheaper than any of the books and a lot easier to find, in the UK, you have to import the books and comics.