Fallout 3 - atlernative ending ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Intellectual-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Intellectual-
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

*SPOILER*

I went in the control area and activated the controls (entered 216 on the computer) activated project purity and got the exact same ending as when I told Sarah to enter the control room and activate project purity !!!

Have I missed something ? I cant escape the building when Sarah goes in, the controls freeze and then I get the same ending cutscene and narration.

Also why cant you continue with the game after completing it ? I still have not reached level 14 and I want to do other side-quests !!

noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts
you cant contiuie...theres only 2 real endings
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

Seeing as the effects of project purity would not have any instant effects, I can't see why you can't continue the game (depending what option you take of course)

I think there are a few ending but they are all much the same really.

***spoiler***

one where you put the number in

one where you send the woman in

one where you step up to do it and then don't enter the number (This is what happened to me, I was too stupid to work out what the number was)

One where you use that additive thing to kill off mutants/ghouls

dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
If there's ANYTHING you want to do in the game- explore, find bobbleheads, level up- you have to do it before completing the last mission (Take it Back!). Completing the last mission ends the game, rolls credits, and puts you at the main screen. And yeah there's only a few slightly different "endings", none of which are very satisfying, they're like just 2 minute cut scenesthat are narrated differently.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Yeh endings are pretty dead...when you end the game reload the save and you should be able to go back to your vault 101 to see how well it has fared without you, the mission "trouble on the homefront" is here.
-Intellectual-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Intellectual-
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts
If there's ANYTHING you want to do in the game- explore, find bobbleheads, level up- you have to do it before completing the last mission (Take it Back!). Completing the last mission ends the game, rolls credits, and puts you at the main screen. And yeah there's only a few slightly different "endings", none of which are very satisfying, they're like just 2 minute cut scenesthat are narrated differently.dirtydishko2
Thats rubbish. In other RPGs you can continue after the credits and reach higher levels and do side-quests (like in Mass Effect). The dumb thing about the endings is that your character dies in both cases - if he sends Sarah, then he dies and if he goes in he obviously dies, so what is the point of sending Sarah inside if you die aswell ??? IMO Fallout 3 was rushed in order to get it released for the holidays and the main quest can be beaten in 25 hours which is too short for an RPG (most RPGs are 40 hour games).
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stike22
Yeah it was bad ending...Basically what happened was there was a story for it that was supposed to have over 300 endings or something, but the story got scrapped in 2008 and they made one up in months. Basically Fallout 3 is about mainly one big open area doing what you want, which in my opinion is a brilliant RPG game so long as theres death and such. Well Fallout 3 has plenty of death...hmm good times...Blowing peoples heads off with shotguns, cutting their limbs off, smashing their skulls in with Sledgehammers, dissintigrating them with alien blaster, nailing their heads to a wall with nail gun, knocking their heads off with FISTO, using chainsaw knife, melting them with plasma and most of all blowing them all to Hell with Fatman, etc. Yeh I know but god it was so much fun! haha! Well basically this game is about that...and exploring the map for hundreds of discoveries, and well pretty much just completing the side quests...This is not meant to be a linear game!
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
I enjoyed playing the story, but it only seems to have one ending First time I entered and didn't put the code in. It blows up - watch ending - shows a still image of the purifier with smoke out the top Second time I enter the correct code - watch the ending - still image of good purifier. The only other change was a couple of lines from the narator. Meanwhile other still images from sidequests like Agatha's Song flicked in the background without any specific reference from the narrator. They really could have done a better job of the ending, and especially in making the endings more varied. I really had to concentrate to pick up on the differences between the success ending, and the failure ending.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I thought the ending fit well. I'm glad the game had a real ending.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stike22
SPOILER! Basically there were 4 endings. 1) you die everyone saved, your a hero. 2) you live, girl dies everyone is saved you are selfish or a coward. 3) you leave it and well everyone dies. 4) you put stuff in the machine and everyone still dies. This is not a game for gamers who like Linear stories, its more about randomness and freedom to go where you please. Despite poor ending the game had many brilliant events in it, an atomic bomb explosion, virtual reality mission, Liberty Prime (A giant robot that shoots laser beams out of his eyes.) and other things as well. Mainly weapons are this games best feature there are a mixed variety and special weapons as well. Like the Fatman that could shoot 8 mini nukes at a time. Basically the game is just for fun, if you want a serious story and linear gameplay then not the game for you.
Avatar image for Msk1191ASSASSIN
Msk1191ASSASSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Msk1191ASSASSIN
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
yo jeez calm down. Bethesda is releasing an expansion pack that takes you back to the pas t first. Later on, they plan on releasing another expansion pack that continues that game after the whole Project Purity thing at the end, and it in turn adds more quests and lets you level up to 30.
anmvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 anmvamp
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

fallout 3 = dissapointing.

but thats why there is xbox live. for all those things you wish they included in the $60 (or 80 for CE) price tag.

take fable 2 for example....

RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts
Best game I have ever played and for the people who say it only takes 25 hour, next time try playing the game. Or just go back to your pokemon games. You shouldn't be playing M rated games your only 5 or younger, clearly.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts
I don't mind about the main storyline being short because all the othere quests and exploring add up to at least 60-70 hours. As for the ending, it was alright, but I do wish you could continue after it. The DLC will fix that, but it should have been in the game before it in my opinion. Still doesn't change the fact it was one of my favorite games last year and still remains one of my favorites of all-time.
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
even if you didnt die in some of the ending every story has an ending and thats where the plot ends and cuts to a filler so it makes perfect sense