This topic is locked from further discussion.

guitarhero009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 guitarhero009
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

There is so much crap about gears of war 2. Don't get me wrong I am going to get that game but what about Fallout 3. Why doesn't anyone ever talk about that one???

yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
I'm pretty sure people have been talking about Fallout 3. If not, they're probably all crippled by excitement for this game to be released.
grgorica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 grgorica
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts

I'm pretty sure people have been talking about Fallout 3. If not, they're probably all crippled by excitement for this game to be released.yentar480

Exactly! Personally, I think it sucks that those two are being released so close to each other. Like, I'll have to decide which one I "like more" and play first, and I don't want to do that as they both seem great.

Goron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Goron24
Member since 2005 • 1043 Posts

[QUOTE="yentar480"]I'm pretty sure people have been talking about Fallout 3. If not, they're probably all crippled by excitement for this game to be released.grgorica

Exactly! Personally, I think it sucks that those two are being released so close to each other. Like, I'll have to decide which one I "like more" and play first, and I don't want to do that as they both seem great.

dude its gonna be so hard, whichevers out first you play till the other, then play the other on release day to be nice... then.. uhhh... pull your hair out deciding...

stappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 stappy
Member since 2004 • 611 Posts
I was amazed at the first glance of Fallout 3. Now it just seems like a second grade game. I'll most likely try and get it after Fable 2, but i'm not anticipating it.
grgorica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 grgorica

I was amazed at the first glance of Fallout 3. Now it just seems like a second grade game. I'll most likely try and get it after Fable 2, but i'm not anticipating it.stappy

WOW! Really? Second grade? How come?

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Fallout being multiplat probably has more hype than Gears. 360 owners are definitely stoked about Fallout 3 no worries. We just haven't heard all that much, and release is less than a month away.

So we can just sit back and wait now.

stappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stappy

[QUOTE="stappy"]I was amazed at the first glance of Fallout 3. Now it just seems like a second grade game. I'll most likely try and get it after Fable 2, but i'm not anticipating it.grgorica

It just seems like it's the worst from Oblivion mixed with the best of Call of Duty. It's not a good mix. Until they actually show some new RPG elements, i'm not going to call it an RPG.

bamir0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bamir0
Member since 2004 • 241 Posts
[QUOTE="grgorica"]

[QUOTE="stappy"]I was amazed at the first glance of Fallout 3. Now it just seems like a second grade game. I'll most likely try and get it after Fable 2, but i'm not anticipating it.stappy

It just seems like it's the worst from Oblivion mixed with the best of Call of Duty. It's not a good mix. Until they actually show some new RPG elements, i'm not going to call it an RPG.

Well for starters it isn't an fps. No matter how the vids may look. Hitting an opponent is determined by dice roll rather than by the position or not of your crosshair. To add to that it as a full character creation/upgrade system along with stats that will affect the above dice rolls. A quest system in an open world a la an Elder Scrolls game or indeed Fallout 1/2?

Definitely sounds like an rpg to me.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
[QUOTE="grgorica"]

[QUOTE="stappy"]I was amazed at the first glance of Fallout 3. Now it just seems like a second grade game. I'll most likely try and get it after Fable 2, but i'm not anticipating it.stappy

Sounds like a very under-researched statement to me. The only compairson to CoD4 would be that you can go into first person MODE. One of the worst comparisons I've ever heard.

As for not calling it an RPG, go read some previews then come back when you know more about the game.

x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts

Fallout is going to be better then geow2....(longevity bleh!)

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts
I recently cancelled my Fallout 3 preorder... Not because its going to suck, but because of money issues and such. There is hardly any info on this game. I know its going to score a 9.0+ and maybe be GOTY here (hell its Bethesda), but ill wait for the review to make sure since i know nothing about the game other than VATS and perks
krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

[QUOTE="yentar480"]I'm pretty sure people have been talking about Fallout 3. If not, they're probably all crippled by excitement for this game to be released.grgorica

i dont think ill get Gears 2 unless it scores mad high everywhere. But i already have Fable 2 and Far Cry 2 (looks amazing btw online and off) paid off, planning on getting Fallout 3 on day 2, and i keep having an urge to go out and buy Brothers in Arms, but all the negatives in reviews keep pulling me away. We'll see

andyrae11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 andyrae11
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts

Since everyone compares every game out there to Call of Duty 4. I will say this...

Call of Duty 4 is like Starcraft 2... theres guns and uprades in it.:roll:

Anyways if you're going to compare Fallout 3 to something that would have to go to Bioshock. Fall Out 3 will win.

3571BC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 3571BC
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Fallout 3 will win Game of the Year, without a doubt.
grgorica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 grgorica

Well, from what I was able to read, the world is supposed to be big (maybe not Oblivion big, but still big) so that should provide a lot of opportunities for exploration, upgrades, ... Placing something like a shooter on a map of that scale would be just repetitive and plain boring and I guess that devs at Bethesda know better than that.

jmartin1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 jmartin1016
Member since 2003 • 1363 Posts
Two years ago Bethesda upset Epic by winning game of the year. Oblivion vs Gears of War. This year it seems as the two companies have developed a bit of a rivalry. Fallout 3 and GeoW both have huge improvements from their last games. I am interested to see which one will win Game of the year, because if I had to bet, it would be between these two.
SOADToTheMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#18 SOADToTheMax
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts

I'm just super ready to go all V.A.T.S on a mutated zombie. Violence plays a big part for me in a game and this nasty gorey stuff looks like it'll keep me entertained for a while.

bamir0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bamir0
Member since 2004 • 241 Posts
Here's an idea for those of you who are lacking info about the game. Play Fallout 1 (it's free on gametap). Whilst the mechanics have changed a bit from what I've seen of the world/atmosphere/sense of humour etc Fallout 3 has the it spot on for the series.
SOADToTheMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#20 SOADToTheMax
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts

Here's an idea for those of you who are lacking info about the game. Play Fallout 1 (it's free on gametap). Whilst the mechanics have changed a bit from what I've seen of the world/atmosphere/sense of humour etc Fallout 3 has the it spot on for the series.bamir0
Cool I'll do that, thanks. =D

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

Since everyone compares every game out there to Call of Duty 4. I will say this...

Call of Duty 4 is like Starcraft 2... theres guns and uprades in it.:roll:

Anyways if you're going to compare Fallout 3 to something that would have to go to Bioshock. Fall Out 3 will win.

andyrae11

:lol:

ah the games about 29 days away, i just hope im moved into my new house by then...man it would suck to have the game and not be able to play it :?

grgorica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 grgorica

ah the games about 29 days away, i just hope im moved into my new house by then...man it would suck to have the game and not be able to play it :?

lil_d_mack_314

With all these games being released so close, it will be inevitable to get to the point where you don't know which one you would rather play.

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
Yar mar!
I'm definitely interested about that game.
I was mehing it but then I downloaded the dev diaries and got very stoked.
Advertise your games people, it works! ;)
stappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 stappy
[QUOTE="stappy"][QUOTE="grgorica"]

[QUOTE="stappy"]I was amazed at the first glance of Fallout 3. Now it just seems like a second grade game. I'll most likely try and get it after Fable 2, but i'm not anticipating it.Mau-Justice

Sounds like a very under-researched statement to me. The only compairson to CoD4 would be that you can go into first person MODE. One of the worst comparisons I've ever heard.

As for not calling it an RPG, go read some previews then come back when you know more about the game.

Uhuh. I've been following it from when it was announced, watched every video about it. If it had the ability to actually "live" a life instead of following the storyline, i'd be more interested.

xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts
how can you guys even compare Fallout 3 to Gears 2, there not even the same genre beside the shooting element. I'm torn between Fable 2, Fallout 3, and Gears of War 2.
TROUTKILLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TROUTKILLA
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
im just gonna buy them all
Avatar image for Words-of-Sorrow
Words-of-Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Words-of-Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

Yeah this game looks pretty awesome. Think I'm going to play evil first time through >=]

I wasn't sure whether to get this, or Gears 2... But now im just getting both :P

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Fallout 3 is going to be a strong contender for 2008 GOTY, no doubt about it.

I can't wait for my Collector's Edition for the PC to arrive.

Jigsaw9798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jigsaw9798
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts
I think Fallout 3 and Fable 2 will be better than Gears 2.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
[QUOTE="grgorica"]

Well first it's kinda hard to really show RPG elements in just a min or two video. We know that the new FF game (what number are we up to now 13, 14?) is an RPG but the trailers show little to none of that aspect.

And second if all you have is a min or two the obviously your gonna show the action because you can show it in a limited amount of time and it grabs peoples attention.

hahamanin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hahamanin
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts
^^whatever dude all of the three will be awesome games that almost every 360 owner will buy
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts
I can't wait for Fallout 3.I have it pre-ordered and I'am getting it on day 1.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#33 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Fallout 3 is gonna be awesome! :D I'm getting it on release.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I'm probably gonna get Gears 2 over Fallout 3. I might try renting it to see what it's like, but it doesn't look all that interesting to me. Who knows....
JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts
[QUOTE="grgorica"]

Lol, where do you get Call of Duty from??

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts

lmao i know wht u mean. this is gonna suck lol. but on the topic, i cant wait for fallout 3. i may be over-hyping it a bit.

JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts
[QUOTE="grgorica"]

[QUOTE="yentar480"]I'm pretty sure people have been talking about Fallout 3. If not, they're probably all crippled by excitement for this game to be released.pygmahia5

lmao i know wht u mean. this is gonna suck lol. but on the topic, i cant wait for fallout 3. i may be over-hyping it a bit.

nah, it looks sick man, can't wait for it.