fable2 or oblivon or mass effect

This topic is locked from further discussion.

celtic20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 celtic20
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

i want a rpg which one should i get im leaning toward fable2 but i want one with a lot a gamplay oblivon has that 200 hours but fable seems like it be funner QUICK QUESTION how long was the first fable? and mass effect the only thing i know about it is it was made from the prouducers of star wars kotor which one would u pick !! i know fable2 aint out let!

ps3killer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ps3killer89
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts
first fable if u did everything id say 20-30 hrs but just for the main story 10 hrs fable 2 is suppose to be alot longer if u get oblivion get the guide it will help out so much its actually needed for the game and i never say get the guide for any game one of thoese 2 if u get oblivon get the game of the year edition but u need a hard drive for that
celtic20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 celtic20
yeah i have a hard drive hey u know anything bout mass effect
Star-Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Star-Killer
Member since 2008 • 1883 Posts

Uh..Fable 2 doesn't come out unitl October but Mass Effect and Oblivion are both great games

Oblivon is much longer but Mass Effect brings many new good things to the rpg formula

Either Medieval=Oblivion

or Sci-fi=Mass Effect

makemeweak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 makemeweak
Member since 2005 • 1137 Posts
Both Mass Effect and Oblivion are amazing games. The choice between the two will really come down to whether you prefer sci-fi or fantasy - not that they are tightly similar, but they are both wonderful games. I've put over 200 hours into both of them.
tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
Mass Effect is a great game but just for the sheer amount of gameplay in oblivion I would have to reccommend that. Fable 2 is on the top of my ZOMG!!! gamelist so if you were willing to wait I would have to reccomend that.
celtic20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 celtic20

how longs mass effect

axxez94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 axxez94
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
fable 2
ps3killer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ps3killer89
i beat mass effect in under 20 hrs so ur looking at a max of 20 hrs and it took me around 20 hrs to 30 to completely beat fable oblivion i got over 250 hrs i think 278 hrs and i still didnt get 100% on the game and both expansions thats what i do in a rpg i play it untill i have gotten everything in the game that way i get the full value of that game.
Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

I have Fable, Oblivion and Mass Effect.... I love RPG's lol. Fable does have about 20-30 hours of gameplay but they are very enjoyable hours. Oblivion is my personal favourite and it does have close to 200 hours of gameplay and a wide variety of missions, guilds and such. If this game gets you, you will lose days playing it because it is addictive and yeah, the guide is a good idea but not compulsary. Mass Effect is a really good game too but you spend a lot more time reading text and having conversations than the other two. I didn't mind the conversations at all, but I found the shooting sequences were quite short and the non-storyline planets were all pretty much the same.

Overall, I would rate them in this order, Oblivion, Fable and then Mass Effect. To be honest, you cant really go wrong with any of them if you like RPG's and Fable 2 is looking better than the first, plus should have more gameplay so you wont go wrong with that either. The people that made Oblivion are the ones making Fallout 3 for October so maybe add that to your list too.

ps3killer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ps3killer89

i want a rpg which one should i get im leaning toward fable2 but i want one with a lot a gamplay oblivon has that 200 hours but fable seems like it be funner QUICK QUESTION how long was the first fable? and mass effect the only thing i know about it is it was made from the prouducers of star wars kotor which one would u pick !! i know fable2 aint out let!

celtic20

here just so u can know this is what is in the limited edition of fable 2 http://n4g.com/xbox360/News-179267.aspx theirs a link at the bottom of that page for the full story

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

i beat mass effect in under 20 hrs so ur looking at a max of 20 hrs and it took me around 20 hrs to 30 to completely beat fable oblivion i got over 250 hrs i think 278 hrs and i still didnt get 100% on the game and both expansions thats what i do in a rpg i play it untill i have gotten everything in the game that way i get the full value of that game.ps3killer89

You cant race through Mass Effect and say it has 20 hours of gameplay and then add in all Oblivions side quests and say it has 200+... well, you can but it isn't fair. If you do all the side missions and planets in Mass Effect, it's gameplay goes up to 50+.

Rehn101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Rehn101
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Oblivion.

I've done everything you can do and it took me well over 300 hours.

And I didn't use/need a guide. Although the guide is helpfull for finding the small things.

celtic20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 celtic20
IN FABLE 2 WITH THE LIMITED EDITION U KNOW WAT THE BONUS IN GAME CONTENT IS
istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
Fable 2 hands down! Best looking RPG for 2008.
celtic20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 celtic20
my bad i didnt know caps was on
istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

IN FABLE 2 WITH THE LIMITED EDITION U KNOW WAT THE BONUS IN GAME CONTENT ISceltic20

Fable 2 Limited Edition includes: New in-game content, Collectible Hobbe figure, Fate cards and Bonus disc with a behind-the-scenes "making of" video.

Pre-order Fable II and receive the Xbox Live Arcade Fable II Pub Games
ps3killer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ps3killer89

IN FABLE 2 WITH THE LIMITED EDITION U KNOW WAT THE BONUS IN GAME CONTENT ISceltic20

um i can find out probley at gamestop if u wanna preorder that its 10 instead of 5 even for the regular editon cuz when u preorder it u get a code that gives u some free arcade games that are from fable 2.

Deathscythe456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Deathscythe456
Member since 2003 • 504 Posts

Have you considered Fallout 3 as an option? That game will be amazing, judging from what we've seen so far.

Out of those three choices, its simple, if you like shooting and sci-fi elements go Mass Effect.

If you like a fantasy setting with a whole lot to do, Oblivion, although I will say this, I am not a big fan of the combat in Oblivion, I mean its nice but its nowhere near as engaging as Mass Effect, just my opinion.

Fable 2 is two months away and I cant really say...I mean yea...it looks cool and all but so did Fable 1, and as much as I liked the game, I was a little let down by it.

ps3killer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ps3killer89

[QUOTE="celtic20"]IN FABLE 2 WITH THE LIMITED EDITION U KNOW WAT THE BONUS IN GAME CONTENT ISistylee

Fable 2 Limited Edition includes: New in-game content, Collectible Hobbe figure, Fate cards and Bonus disc with a behind-the-scenes "making of" video.

Pre-order Fable II and receive the Xbox Live Arcade Fable II Pub Games

well their you go that was quick

ps3killer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ps3killer89

Have you considered Fallout 3 as an option? That game will be amazing, judging from what we've seen so far.

Out of those three choices, its simple, if you like shooting and sci-fi elements go Mass Effect.

If you like a fantasy setting with a whole lot to do, Oblivion, although I will say this, I am not a big fan of the combat in Oblivion, I mean its nice but its nowhere near as engaging as Mass Effect, just my opinion.

Fable 2 is two months away and I cant really say...I mean yea...it looks cool and all but so did Fable 1, and as much as I liked the game, I was a little let down by it.

Deathscythe456

hell yeah fallout 3 i got the limited editon on preorder that game looks amazing cant wait o btw a new tactial rpg just came out that is good if u like them its called Spectral Force 3

celtic20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 celtic20

fallout 3 the reason i kinda like it is because iys made the prouducers or oblivon

celtic20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 celtic20
thanks im getting oblivon and pre ordering fable2 ps which oblivon should i get
ps3killer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ps3killer89
you would save money geting the game of the year editon best get that it comes with all the expansions but if ur short on money just oblivion is 26.99 used 30 new
yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yaljarani
Member since 2003 • 352 Posts

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion- the story was pretty mediocre for todays standards, the graphics still hold up well even though it's two years old, the combat is pretty pathetic in that you block/attack/block/attack, the scale of the world is amazing, limited lines of dialogue for the hundreds of NPCs in the game, 200+ hours of gameplay, great expansions, enjoyable missions, level scaling isn't that good, tons of weapons and armor for collecting, does glitch and has a limited draw distance, character classes are nice and affect certain traits

Mass Effect- the story is cinematic and great, the dialogue is lengthy but really enjoyable to listen to, good and evil (paragon and renegade) open up choices in dialogue and decisions that affect your game, two paths for at least two replays, several character classes open up gameplay opportunities, good customization (for males at least, females...ugh), combat is fun with a decent cover system, squad mates are unique and have their own stories, extreme depth in the world, non-story planets look and feel the same, fun leveling up system, new game +, side quests plus main story=50 hrs, multiple difficulty levels, graphics are great...especially facial animation but suffers from hiccups here and there, similar to KOTOR (:

Fable 2- good and evil affects the games character/world visually and opens/closes sidequest based on decisions, world graphics look great (not so much characters/animations), story only is 12 hrs, sidequests add more to the longetivity, ability to own the entire world of albion through money, money earned in jobs and stuff rather than quests, keeps the fable feel, melee/magic/ranged combat, one button combat system, dog with (supposively strong AI) acts as minimap and looks fun, limited HUD, good story (as goes with Peter Moloneux), if like Fable 1 it will have several great weapons that have their own side quests attached, marry and have kids, looks like fun for action with strong rpg elements

Id choose ME or Fable 2 and I own/will own all three.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts
Mass Effect is a great game...the first rpg i've played and it made me a fan. now i'm working on Oblivion.
Keymaster92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 Keymaster92
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
Fable was an excellent RPG and Fable 2 is going to be the best RPG ever, Oblivion is fun but, it can get boring after a while, Mass Effect is a great RPG, but there are almost too many talking scenes. Overall get Fable 2.
reo-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 reo-117
Member since 2007 • 478 Posts
mass effect has a lot of side quests to do and gives you a good reason to start the game all over but oblivian is over 200 hours of gameplay so just rent both and see what you like better
p1a77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 p1a77
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts
Fable 2 will be alot more fun than the others
XxG1GaR3XxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XxG1GaR3XxX
Member since 2008 • 143 Posts

Mass Effect:

Is a Amazing game with a great story, amazing RPG elements and TPS combat.

It took me about 27 hours to complete all the side quests and explore most of the planets. (There are planets that I have not explored yet)

But the Game has High replay value.

Oblivion:

Is also a amazing game with a huge world better RPG elements and OK combat.

I Have put around 116 hours into Oblivion and I dont think I have done everything. It just got so boring.

Fable 2:

The First Fable was a pretty good game but not everything Peter promised.

Fabe 2 is going to be pretty good but since Fallout 3 is coming out in the Same month I dont Know.

Though I am getting Fallout 3 and Fable 2 in October.

I will play Fallout 3 first.

Kentisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kentisc
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
All of em
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Please use the stickied thread for recommendations.