Fable II... thoughts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psyko0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 psyko0815
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts

I just bought an xbox 360. Anyway, I've had a PS3 for a while and was looking for some good 360-exclusive games to play (mostly RPGs). This led me to wondering.... is Fable II a good game to get, especially since it's in the Platinum series for cheap.

rpg_addition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rpg_addition
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts
Hi, Fable II is an awesome game, definitely worth buying
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts
Yeah fable is great, however, a bit too much like the original for my liking. Not a bad thing really, as the first game was great - it just I felt very "been here, done this" whilst playing. The game has high prodcution values, which lends it to have style over substance (in my opinion). Again, its not a bad thing, but hardcore RPG fans would probably see this as more of an "action" game than an RPG. Good game, good voice acting, good environment. Solid title. It gets my seal of approval
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

I'll be the oddball and say no. I felt Fable 2 was a shallow game. Hardly an RPG. More like action adventure. Graphics are good, but not up to next gen standards. Walking and running around feels really sluggish and off balance. Imagine Heavy Rain's "walk" mixed with turbo in it. Not good to say the least. I hate how you can't customize your character.. like face, hair, eyes, etc. I would have liked that option. Fable 1's environments were more memorable and nostalgic. Fable 2 was forgettable. Level designs were not even close to Fable 1's. And the loot were dull and trash-able. Peter M. really disappointed me with Fable 2. I thought Fable 1 was great, but not superb. Just great. But Fable 2 fell way short.. and my expectations weren't even high for this game. I wasnt hyped at all. I actually picked it up a year later. But I'll be fair.. I hope Fable 3 will do the Fable franchise justice and redeem itself. It's hard enough as it is to find a good action adventure game.. next to Zelda which suffers from the lack of HD. Anyways, that's another topic.

For only $17.99, I think you should pick it up. It's not bad, just far from great.

nevralgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nevralgo
Member since 2010 • 126 Posts

I like Fable 1 way more than Fable 2. Way more ...

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I loved Fable, barely made it an hour into Fable II, though I had watched my brother when he played it a lot, so I had an idea of what to expect. It's probably a good game, & I'll probably give it a go in the future, but I just couldn't get into it like I did with Fable.

RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RaseshX
Member since 2008 • 404 Posts

Being a massive fan of the original fable, I had very high expectations for Fable 2. I wanted it to have everything Fable had & more, but it just didn't live up to it. There is no reason you shouldn't get it however since it's not a bad game and there are some enjoyable moments and for the price it's at atm, you won't be let down.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

not really worth it, the game starts out fun, but once you get into it you realize that there are only about 15 outfits with like 100 dyes to "customize your look" the game has a very low replay value and gets boring very quickly, I found it to be more of a button masher than an RPG to be honest

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

Fable 1 was garbage - it was so bad I never bothered to play number 2. The story was atrocious and the combat was simple and boring. IMO just skip this series all-together - it's a waste of time.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

Fable 1 was garbage - it was so bad I never bothered to play number 2. The story was atrocious and the combat was simple and boring. IMO just skip this series all-together - it's a waste of time.

darktruth007
they did lie about a lot of things in fable 1, they said you would be able to cut down trees and such, but in fable 3 you will be able to get your co-op partener pregnant :lol:
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

. I hate how you can't customize your character.. like face, hair, eyes, etc. I would have liked that option.

For only $17.99, I think you should pick it up. It's not bad, just far from great.

Elian2530

you can change your hair(style, colour etc.). its a decent game but definetley didnt live up to expectations..in a way its was the exact same as the first(good thing) but at the same time completley different(bad thing)

and those loading screens will drive you f*ckingINSANE..

but I reckon its well worth it if it only costs a few bob.....great charm and wit but the games length fell short..you could keep going back to the first one but once you've finished Fable II you probably wont give it a second glance...

BTW get the GOTY edition for added longevity...

My verdict 8/10

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I loved Fable 2 to death, this is the only game that I have even close to all the achievements. This is not a game that is made as something like oblivion and it is not like a jrpg either. The game is an everyman's game, so if you are looking for something fun and enjoyable with some depth this is great but if you are looking for something to keep you occupied for hundreds of hours this is not the place. With all the side quests and additional things to do this can be pretty long but if you just do the basics it could be very short and unfulfilling. There is always tons to do and it's almost always fun so I'd say go for it, the only thing that makes me feel reluctant is I know alot of Sony fans are really into RPGs and this is not a giant game like fallout or oblivion but the game ****is far closer to that than any JRPG. I'd say as long as you play around with it and explore it could be considered one of the best games ever made.

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

fable 2 is amazing. I have played it to death. U can get the DLC for free i think too. It's immersive and fun. Great game.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

If you keep in mind that Fable 2 is not a traditional RPG, and it's actually more an Action Adventure with some RPG elements mixed it. It's a really good game and alot of fun. Since it's in the platinum hits series now it's even better.

Not sure if you can still do this or not. They broke the game up into episodes, and on Xbox Live you used to be able to download the first episode of Fable 2 for free. You have to buy the other episodes, but if you enjoy the first episode buy the full version PH disc. It's worth it.

Also of note in my opinion get the game, then buy the two DLCs (Knothole Island, and See the Future) for it, both were fun and worth the money, especially Knothole

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

If you buy it by episodes it ends up more expensive, I think it is sold on games on demmand even for 20, which is at least $10 cheaper than the episode way. I bought it by episode, it is much cheaper to get the disc or buy the full thing.

ryansjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ryansjones
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I have yet to finish my game on Fable II. Making a corrupt villian. Are any of you making villians in the game as well?

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

fable 2 is amazing. I have played it to death. U can get the DLC for free i think too. It's immersive and fun. Great game.

Keving7
getting the dlc free means u can only join coop games...u cant play it by your self
narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

just play mass effect and then mass effect 2

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

I loved Fable 2 to death, this is the only game that I have even close to all the achievements. This is not a game that is made as something like oblivion and it is not like a jrpg either. The game is an everyman's game, so if you are looking for something fun and enjoyable with some depth this is great but if you are looking for something to keep you occupied for hundreds of hours this is not the place. With all the side quests and additional things to do this can be pretty long but if you just do the basics it could be very short and unfulfilling. There is always tons to do and it's almost always fun so I'd say go for it, the only thing that makes me feel reluctant is I know alot of Sony fans are really into RPGs and this is not a giant game like fallout or oblivion but the game ****is far closer to that than any JRPG. I'd say as long as you play around with it and explore it could be considered one of the best games ever made.

dovberg

same

psyko0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 psyko0815
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts

Thanks for the responses. It seems that the overall feel is that it's a good game but didn't live up to the hype. I will probably get it just to try it out once I'm done playing Mass Effect 2.

Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

It's worth one play through.

Avatar image for deactivated-66165415d71c8
deactivated-66165415d71c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-66165415d71c8
Member since 2009 • 188 Posts

Lol, I did 7 playthroughs:P

Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

I really liked it especially after the prostitute robbed me so I slapped her around.

But it does have it's shortcomings. Not enough world changing decisions and a long main quest were my main two quibbles oh that and the fact it's very much based on walking on paths which to me felt restrictive.

I will probably play it again one day as a total villain.

eddy96_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 eddy96_1
Member since 2003 • 1388 Posts
i just bought Fable 2 Game of the Year Edition and im having a blast with it so far. Highly recommend