Fable 2 new features discussion, Can lionhead deliver?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpartanAdmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SpartanAdmiral
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
Wtih all the things that Lionhead has promised before and not brought to the table, do you think this will be a good game???
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts
Sure, the original Fable didn't meet all of the expectations set for it by Lionhead, but it was still an excellent RPG.  Fable II will no doubt be the same, and if Lionhead delivers on its promises made at GDC, it will be even better.
Metalnoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Metalnoid
Member since 2006 • 1314 Posts
A good game, yes. Not incredible.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
At this point I am not convinced that Fable 2 will deliver on all promises. Some companies have a history of under promising and over delivering. Others have a history of overpromising and under delivering. Fable 1 over promised and under delivered. It was a good game, but not what was promised.
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts
A good game, yes. Not incredible.Metalnoid

Your sig is very fanboyish...
carpon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carpon
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts
I really didn't think the features were that great. Forcing me to use a dog instead of a map...uh...no thanks. Still, I guess it could turn out alright if they make it longer, make the story interesting, and make the combat more fun to play.
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
I think some of the stuff they are doing now is just downright ridiculous. I'm sure they will deliver but I'm disappointed that they are wasting their time on a bunch of silly features.
SpartanAdmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SpartanAdmiral
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
the whole dog thing seems,well ummm, like glitter to make it look pretty.
Bi0HaZaRD_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bi0HaZaRD_15
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
Ok, I have to agree with everyone who says Fable was no where near what it should have been. I have followed that game since beta and it was supposed to be revolutionary. Then M$ goes and announces a new xbox in the works and as Lionhead has stated before they scrapped the original "project ego" and set it aside for the 360, but since they had already promised something they sort of released a beta for the xbox, FABLE. I believe FABLE 2 will deliver everywhere that FABLE was supposed to and even more. Fable, nonetheless was an amazing game in my opinion. Sure it was only around 12 hours but if you collected everything and beat it with different classes and such it could have been 40hours. All i'm saying is that FABLE 2 will beat out everyone's requirements and will be amazing. It is by far the game I am most looking forward to, on the XBOX 360.
brunibadger66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brunibadger66
Member since 2007 • 263 Posts

guys im sorry but fable was an awesome game and there is no reason to be complaining about how peter didnt deliver. and so far ,fable2 looks like it may be on a oblivion,morrowind scale.lionhead has my full support.

also,kids are something that would have been awesome in fable,and the dog seems like a fun worth while addition.     ive read alot of stuff and it looks like bowerstone is gonna be HUGE!!!:o.ive read about castles ,huge markets,shops,guns,and yes,youcan buy every single structure inthe game.im gonna,preorder this bad boy and lick in betwwen the toes of fable2.:D

brunibadger66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brunibadger66
Member since 2007 • 263 Posts

guys im sorry but fable was an awesome game and there is no reason to be complaining about how peter didnt deliver. and so far ,fable2 looks like it may be on a oblivion,morrowind scale.lionhead has my full support.

also,kids are something that would have been awesome in fable,and the dog seems like a fun worth while addition.     ive read alot of stuff and it looks like bowerstone is gonna be HUGE!!!:o.ive read about castles ,huge markets,shops,guns,and yes,youcan buy every single structure inthe game.im gonna,preorder this bad boy and lick in betwwen the toes of fable2.:D