This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Don't get me wrong; I loved the last 2 AC games. But really? Again?? I'm ready for a new character, and I've seen all I wanted to see of Italy. I was looking forward to something new.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I've pretty much lost interest in Assassin's Creed, that is until they make a game in a feudal Japan setting.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

I've pretty much lost interest in Assassin's Creed, that is until they make a game in a feudal Japan setting.

Vari3ty
Because that would make sense :(
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kojo222

Given the current storyline, I don't think feudal Japan would work out. It feels like they'd move forward in time, and my guess for the next setting was in the US. Maybe NY or Chicago in the 1920's. Oh well. I think this was originally supposed to tell us a cool conspiracy theory story, but then the game made a lot of money and keeping the franchise going became the only priority.

Avatar image for der_spudmeister
der_spudmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 der_spudmeister
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts
I never liked Ezio much. Came across as a spoiled brat in the very beginning of ACII, and it made me hate him for the rest of the game. Made playing through ACII a drag, and then he gets to be the star of three AC games. Great. Give us a new character, or bring back Altair. Yeah, he was a cocky and pretentious, but some of his lines still made me laugh :P
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Well they have to finish the triology I suppose. It really seems like they plan on make 9 or 10 of these AC games. Which will be fine if they stop making them every year like COD and get some new ideas for the next character.

Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

Don't get me wrong; I loved the last 2 AC games. But really? Again?? I'm ready for a new character, and I've seen all I wanted to see of Italy. I was looking forward to something new.

Kojo222

I assume you are commenting on the fact that you play as Ezio in AC: Brotherhood. However, we knew this was the case. Brotherhood is not AC3, it was meant as a full expansion of AC2. The actual AC3 should have a new protagonist and a new time period to play in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#8 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I hate to see such an awesome franchise start to be milked. not cool Ubi.
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
[QUOTE="der_spudmeister"]I never liked Ezio much. Came across as a spoiled brat in the very beginning of ACII, and it made me hate him for the rest of the game. Made playing through ACII a drag, and then he gets to be the star of three AC games. Great. Give us a new character, or bring back Altair. Yeah, he was a cocky and pretentious, but some of his lines still made me laugh :P

That is exactly how I felt about AC2 and Ezio, like to the word. +1 internetz for you
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts

Kojo222
The new one isn't in Italy. It's in Turkey. Definitely isn't milkage if the sequels improve. I liked Brotherhood a lot more than 2.
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kojo222
[QUOTE="Kojo222"]

Spellingiscool
The new one isn't in Italy. It's in Turkey. Definitely isn't milkage if the sequels improve. I liked Brotherhood a lot more than 2.

I just hope they keep the story in mind. The gameplay was wonderful, but "The Truth" of AC:Brotherhood felt like a disappointing waste of time in the end. Not anything close to the big reveals in the prior 2 games.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
I feel the same as a lot of you, they are starting to milk Ezio's story just bc he was a success for AC2. I love Ezio and all, but I want something different, and the story suffered a bit in Brotherhood bc they are starting to run out of things for Ezio, this will be the same way, let's just have Desmond's story already!!
Canuck3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Canuck3k
Member since 2009 • 288 Posts
I feel the same as a lot of you, they are starting to milk Ezio's story just bc he was a success for AC2. I love Ezio and all, but I want something different, and the story suffered a bit in Brotherhood bc they are starting to run out of things for Ezio, this will be the same way, let's just have Desmond's story already!!KeredsBlaze
I agree 100%. Brotherhood was more then enough to end Ezio's story.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Yeah, I was really hoping for Assassin's Creed 3 this year, which would hopefully focus solely on modern day Desmond.

However, I loved both AC2 and Brotherhood, so I'm still looking forward to it. :)
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

No way, cuz I hate modern day architecture. Everything from back in the days was sooo beautiful, and they would put so much effort into everything.

Yeah, I was really hoping for Assassin's Creed 3 this year, which would hopefully focus solely on modern day Desmond.

However, I loved both AC2 and Brotherhood, so I'm still looking forward to it. :) Caddy

kotylol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kotylol
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

You can play as Ezio, Altair, and Desmond. Like, modern day assassin missions. I'm actually physced out of my mind about this.

kotylol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kotylol

However, I loved both AC2 and Brotherhood, so I'm still looking forward to it. :) Caddy

Exactly! I'm getting bored with history a little bit. I want to know about the actual story about Desmond, the original protagainist. I think everyone should be happy about Revelations; you have modern day, middle ages, renaissance, everything.

In fact, here is the slogan I have come up with: "Assassin's creed Revelations: murder people in every major time period."

kotylol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kotylol

I'm not really replying to your thing, other than to say they are sort of milking it a bit with the historical assassin thing. Also, the main thing I want to say is, that is the best icon image I have ever seen. "I just, prematurely blue myself, and as you can imagine, I have quite a mess on my hands." LOL

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

Captainqwark10

Because that would make sense :(

The plot already doesn't make sense... it wouldn't really make that much of a difference, if you ask me. The writers who've made the crazy plots of the last 3 games I'm sure would be more than capable of making the game fit in with the rest of the series.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

[QUOTE="Caddy"]Yeah, I was really hoping for Assassin's Creed 3 this year, which would hopefully focus solely on modern day Desmond.

However, I loved both AC2 and Brotherhood, so I'm still looking forward to it. :) kotylol

Exactly! I'm getting bored with history a little bit. I want to know about the actual story about Desmond, the original protagainist. I think everyone should be happy about Revelations; you have modern day, middle ages, renaissance, everything.

In fact, here is the slogan I have come up with: "Assassin's creed Revelations: murder people in every major time period."

Say you do know that everything in the past has to do with everything in the present time in the story right? You always play as Desmond in the animus. The animus is what made the game, they have to stick with history. How else will he find stuff out? Anyway, I don't mind really. Ezio is going to Altairs past (locations) to find out more about everything, should be fun. He's also way older and his character probably changed a bit. I'm sure they're already working on AC3. I'm still looking forward to it. Gameplay and story wise.

kotylol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kotylol

first of all, is that aqua on your icon? second: I know that you always play as desmond when you're in the animus, but still, in brotherhood, the guys had guns. Muskets or whatever, but still. and you could use a crossbow. It just feels like they've been fueling gameplay for more modern day missions. also, I don't know why they would use the animus again, with everything that happened in brotherhood. Story-wise, I mean.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

first of all, is that aqua on your icon? second: I know that you always play as desmond when you're in the animus, but still, in brotherhood, the guys had guns. Muskets or whatever, but still. and you could use a crossbow. It just feels like they've been fueling gameplay for more modern day missions. also, I don't know why they would use the animus again, with everything that happened in brotherhood. Story-wise, I mean.

kotylol

SPOILER: They gotta find out where the temples are etc. Old assassins might have found them and stuff. I agree they went a bit far with all the weaponry in Brotherhood, it was far too easy. I wouldn't mind new stuff either, I felt like Ezio's story finished in Brotherhood honestly. I don't mind another game though, I like Ezio.

Oh and I don't know who aqua is, this is Gin from bleach. :P

neoteny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 neoteny
Member since 2003 • 56 Posts

alright! gimme some mo Ezio. Assassin's Creed III is next. it better be...

maybe Ubisoft is rewriting the entire engine for it.