Expectations for Halo 4+Ideas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts
Hello there. I'm new to this site, but not to gaming. Massive halo fan, been playing since CE. Halo 4 is closing in fast, and is so far shaping up to be a great game. I'm very excited for it, especially to see what forge has to offer. The new infected mode looks promising too. I'm hoping to hear what you guys think Halo 4 will be, and maybe even some ideas for future Halo games.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
Hello there. I'm new to this site, but not to gaming. Massive halo fan, been playing since CE. Halo 4 is closing in fast, and is so far shaping up to be a great game. I'm very excited for it, especially to see what forge has to offer. The new infected mode looks promising too. I'm hoping to hear what you guys think Halo 4 will be, and maybe even some ideas for future Halo games.GamerZem
Welcome :) I'm also a somewhat new poster. We have a pretty good idea of what Halo 4 will be like thanks to the insight on the campaign and multiplayer. I'm hoping 343 really takes advantage of the opportunity with Spartan Ops. They can add duel scarab battles, warthog runs, beach charges, and more. I personally would like to see a winter-themed set of levels around the Holidays as well.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GamerZem
Spartan Ops will be great, and it makes it better that 343 is adding new missions to it for free. The only downside is that Spartan Ops will replace firefight, although I never really played that anyway. The promothean weapons look somewhat overpowered from the videos I've seen so far, but they look damn awesome.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheDidact
[QUOTE="GamerZem"]Spartan Ops will be great, and it makes it better that 343 is adding new missions to it for free. The only downside is that Spartan Ops will replace firefight, although I never really played that anyway. The promothean weapons look somewhat overpowered from the videos I've seen so far, but they look damn awesome.

343 can easily make Spartan Ops missions that are similar to firefight. Ex: Your team can tasked with defending a Forerunner structure from attack while an important artifact is extracted.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GamerZem
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what comes next. Forge improved greatly in Reach, but right now it doesn't look like Halo 4 will include weather effects. That's a shame. NPC's would be nice, but that might be a little too much to wish for. I haven't really been keeping up to date on forge features, so if you have anything about Halo 4 forge please tell me.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheDidact
[QUOTE="GamerZem"]I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what comes next. Forge improved greatly in Reach, but right now it doesn't look like Halo 4 will include weather effects. That's a shame. NPC's would be nice, but that might be a little too much to wish for. I haven't really been keeping up to date on forge features, so if you have anything about Halo 4 forge please tell me.

All I know about forge is that there will be 3 different forge worlds, one like Reach's, one like Halo 3's Foundry, and one still unannounced.
Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
Looks like it's going to be a great game. Im eager to see Chiefs new story and very eager to see how Cortana deals with the possibility of rampancy. I cant wait to see the story unfold, and the multiplayer looks like it will be even better than ever. Im really digging the new loadout systems and the maps look fun as hell. Maybe now in Capture the flag, I'll actually try to get the flag since I can have a pistol out too, ha. Never really cared about Forge but maybe it will be easier to get into this time around? We'll see, I probably wont use it though. Havent heard anything about Firefight so Im not sure if that will be in there, but Ive never been a fan of firefight so it doesnt hurt my feelings, ha. Spartan Ops sounds pretty badass, although I'll make sure to beat the campaign first since I heard it picks up about 3 weeks after the campaign ends. Overall, cant wait. Im going to be speed racer going home from Gamespot at midnight, ha. Also, welcome to Gamespot!
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

At first, I thought that Microsoft should just leave the series in peace. While I still feel that way to a point, I am very excited for the game now. I'm really hoping for a similiar experience as the old Halo games, but at the same time for something new as well. Listening to the music so far, I'm getting that wish.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
taking a week off... enough said :)
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

I just cant wait to get my hands on all the old and new weapons as they all look awesome. I still dont understand why we cant have the SMG aka 'bullet hose' back (imagine the silenced SMG from ODST's in Spartan Ops) but that's okay. I'm extremely excited for this game to come out. Fingers crossed.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamerZem
Yeah, nobody in my household will see me for at least a week once Halo 4 comes out... I do wish they would bring back the SMG, though. Perhaps dual-wielding, unless that is already planned.
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cyanide4Suicid3
[QUOTE="GamerZem"]Yeah, nobody in my household will see me for at least a week once Halo 4 comes out... I do wish they would bring back the SMG, though. Perhaps dual-wielding, unless that is already planned.

Im pretty sure Frank said that dual-wielding wont be in Halo 4, I could be wrong though. I wish I could say nobody would see me for a week, but Ive got to work and take care of my little boy so Ill only be able to play at night when he's asleep. Atleast Im used to not getting any sleep now ha
Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

I'd like to see the addition of bots in multiplayer, so players without live could have fun in multiplayer. It would be tons of fun to create maps in forge, make the game type, and play custom games with bots. You could have fun with custom games without the worry of finding players to play your maps with. Bots could also take the place of players who quit in matchmaking.

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sn00pyBrown
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts

Unlike most of you I got halo 3 in 2009 and was it ever fun , social slayer ;) , I just want halo 4 to have the fun of the halo series that reach hasn't been able to provide.

Inferi-Fang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Inferi-Fang
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

I would really like for weather effects in forge :D

Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cyanide4Suicid3

Unlike most of you I got halo 3 in 2009 and was it ever fun , social slayer ;) , I just want halo 4 to have the fun of the halo series that reach hasn't been able to provide.

Sn00pyBrown
Whats wrong with Reach? See, I hated Halo 3 but I loved Reach. I just thought the presentation was poor in Halo 3, not to mention the animations and character models. I just liked Reach better lol
Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sn00pyBrown

[QUOTE="Sn00pyBrown"]

Cyanide4Suicid3

Whats wrong with Reach? See, I hated Halo 3 but I loved Reach. I just thought the presentation was poor in Halo 3, not to mention the animations and character models. I just liked Reach better lol

Halo 3 was just funner to me and if you haven't noticed yet b.etter visuals/animations doesn't = a better game. I could make a list that could go on for ages but I rather not just look at gta IV compared to San Andreas , gta IV has far better graphics but Gta SA gave people an amazing experience notice why rockstar who listens to their fans is making GTA V have a less realistic look but adding more things to do in the game. Halo 3 was amazing I don't need to customize my weapons or any other Call of Duty things imported into Halo, Halo 1,2 and 3 were amazing

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

I don't need to customize my weapons or any other Call of Duty things imported into Halo, Halo 1,2 and 3 were amazing

Sn00pyBrown

I'm kind of split on this issue. On the one hand I HATE CoD which is why I sold off my whole CoD collection. However, the only thing I did like about Black ops and Reach for that matter, was the customization. I just really like that sort of thing. So the fact that their trying to incorporate that into the Halo Franchise seems almost like an evolutionary step. Sure it does feel a bit 'bandwagon'-ny but heck who doesnt like cool looking Spartan armor?

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sn00pyBrown

We already had that but we had to unlock them in halo 3 like hayabusa now everyone has "kool" looking armour nothing stands out anymore

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#20 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Make Spartan Ops available for sivler member too. It's Gold member exclusive. Make it splitscreen offline and the game is a day one purchase for me. The game details seemed great to me, but now I won't buy until game hits $15.

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"][QUOTE="Sn00pyBrown"]

Sn00pyBrown

Halo 3 was just funner to me and if you haven't noticed yet b.etter visuals/animations doesn't = a better game. I could make a list that could go on for ages but I rather not just look at gta IV compared to San Andreas , gta IV has far better graphics but Gta SA gave people an amazing experience notice why rockstar who listens to their fans is making GTA V have a less realistic look but adding more things to do in the game. Halo 3 was amazing I don't need to customize my weapons or any other Call of Duty things imported into Halo, Halo 1,2 and 3 were amazing

Thats kind of odd. Reach Mastered the social aspect of haol. IF you liked halo just for fun than reach is the #1 halo game. It has a very simple/ easy ranking system and tons of social playlists to sink your teeth into. Halo 3 was better for the competative aspect and challenging ranks.