Every Crackdown copy has the beta in it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DoomHawk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DoomHawk92
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
I'm tired of everyone saying that not every Crackdown copy has the beta. They only said it's a "limited time offer" and "only initial launch copies have it" just for it to sell quick. Every copy has the beta in it. I'm just clearing this up for everyone.
processedkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 processedkill
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

Are you sure of this?

Could we get someone who JUST bought the game to let us know... cause, no offense, but I doubt you've bought the game a couple of times.

masori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 masori
Member since 2005 • 1680 Posts

Cool i really need to buy that game

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#4 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

You have no idea what you are talking about do you???

I have a copy that has halo3 beta on it.. but my friends has a copy THAT DOESNT have the beta on it..

So you should stop making ridicolous comments like the one in this thread, unless you have FACTS OR A LINK.

END OF THREAD

Specially marked boxes have the halo3 beta.. not all of them THAT IS A FACT 

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I'm tired of everyone saying that not every Crackdown copy has the beta. They only said it's a "limited time offer" and "only initial launch copies have it" just for it to sell quick. Every copy has the beta in it. I'm just clearing this up for everyone.DoomHawk92

Self owned. 

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="DoomHawk92"]I'm tired of everyone saying that not every Crackdown copy has the beta. They only said it's a "limited time offer" and "only initial launch copies have it" just for it to sell quick. Every copy has the beta in it. I'm just clearing this up for everyone.Legendaryscmt

Self owned.

Co-sign... major Self-Ownage 

killer5555666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killer5555666
Member since 2005 • 2951 Posts
well i just bought it off amazon and it had the beta.
primehunter326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 primehunter326
Member since 2005 • 1268 Posts
I've heard people saying what the TC said (that every copy has it) and that it was only included in the initial launch shipment.  The thing is that if the beta did come in every copy of Crackdown there would be no way to control how many people were in it and so ANYONE that bought Crackdown could play the beta.  This is whay I believe that it was only in the initial launch shipment of the game wih the marked cases.  Either that or the beta can only be downloaded a certain number of times through Crackdown before it gets locked.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kozzy1234

I've heard people saying what the TC said (that every copy has it) and that it was only included in the initial launch shipment. The thing is that if the beta did come in every copy of Crackdown there would be no way to control how many people were in it and so ANYONE that bought Crackdown could play the beta. This is whay I believe that it was only in the initial launch shipment of the game wih the marked cases. Either that or the beta can only be downloaded a certain number of times through Crackdown before it gets locked.primehunter326

Well i know for a fact that 3 friends of mine are trying to RENT other copys of crackdown, because there copies didnt have the invite for halo3 beta like mine did.

DoomHawk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DoomHawk92

Any of you guys have a link to show me that not every copy has the beta?

Bullet_Holes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bullet_Holes
Member since 2006 • 1330 Posts

DoomHawk92

In the bungie faq they specifically said that all launch copies of crackdown have the beta. 

Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Warlock89
Member since 2005 • 2200 Posts

DoomHawk92

Link? Go to a local game store and it says SPECIALLY MARKED COPIES. I'm not sure, but I think that means SPECIALLY MARKED COPIES! It's not like we are talking quantum physics here.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kozzy1234

DoomHawk92

You are the one who started the thread, you are the one who needs the PROOF.

My Proof is that i have seen WITH MY OWN EYES, a copy of crackdown THAT DIDNT HAVE THE BETA INVITE in it.

Now im not sure what % of the copies have the invite, but i know for a fact that some dont.

Going by all the people on my friends list... id say about 80% of them had the beta in crackdown and another 20% didnt 

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="DoomHawk92"]

Warlock89

Link? Go to a local game store and it says SPECIALLY MARKED COPIES. I'm not sure, but I think that means SPECIALLY MARKED COPIES! It's not like we are talking quantum physics here.

I will type out EXACTLY what it says:

" CONGRATULATIONS!"

By Purchasing this SPECIALLY marked VERSION of crackdown (meaning there are other versions that dont have the option in the main menu to download the halo3 beta), you have also secured an INVITATION to be among the first to play the highly anticipated HALO3 Beta. 

DoomHawk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DoomHawk92
I just bought Crackdown a few days ago at Gamestop and they said every Crackdown copy has the beta.  Crackdown has been out for a few months so I doubt I just happened to get one that was part of the initial launch. Gamestop employees know what they're talking about, so I trust them. Sorry if I'm wrong guys, but you don't have to go crazy, it's just video games.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kozzy1234

I just bought Crackdown a few days ago at Gamestop and they said every Crackdown copy has the beta. Crackdown has been out for a few months so I doubt I just happened to get one that was part of the initial launch. Gamestop employees know what they're talking about, so I trust them. Sorry if I'm wrong guys, but you don't have to go crazy, it's just video games.DoomHawk92

It is definatly possible to still get a copy now that was from an earlyier shipment, i just know a few people who are pissed off cuz there copy doesnt have it.

Glad we do though man (: 

Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts

I just bought Crackdown a few days ago at Gamestop and they said every Crackdown copy has the beta.  Crackdown has been out for a few months so I doubt I just happened to get one that was part of the initial launch. Gamestop employees know what they're talking about, so I trust them. Sorry if I'm wrong guys, but you don't have to go crazy, it's just video games.DoomHawk92

More self-ownage. :P

DoomHawk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DoomHawk92
If every copy doesn't have it, I guarantee most do. Usually Gamestop employees don't lie, but all that matters is that I'm in the Halo 3 beta and that's all I care about. Sorry for the mistake.
xelloss88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xelloss88
Member since 2006 • 5187 Posts
Everyone Crackdown I have seen had the Halo 3 beta sticker on the box.  Only if that sticker was there then the Beta is on the disc.  Also to check just go to the downloads menu in crackdown and Halo 3 beta will pop up but be grayed out for download.
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

You have no idea what you are talking about do you???

I have a copy that has halo3 beta on it.. but my friends has a copy THAT DOESNT have the beta on it..

So you should stop making ridicolous comments like the one in this thread, unless you have FACTS OR A LINK.

END OF THREAD

Specially marked boxes have the halo3 beta.. not all of them THAT IS A FACT 

kozzy1234

this is true i work at gamestop and some boxes have a sticker that says Halo 3 Beta included and others dont.

ChickenHawk07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 ChickenHawk07
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

I just bought Crackdown a few days ago at Gamestop and they said every Crackdown copy has the beta.  Crackdown has been out for a few months so I doubt I just happened to get one that was part of the initial launch. Gamestop employees know what they're talking about, so I trust them. Sorry if I'm wrong guys, but you don't have to go crazy, it's just video games.DoomHawk92

There's the issue right there!  Most Gamestop employees don't know much about gaming, only that they play video games.  This does not mean that they keep up on all the news, nor read every memo or FAQ posted by their company.  Most talk out of their ass.  I can go into most Gamestops and know more about a game than the people who are supposedly the salespeople.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kozzy1234

Usually Gamestop employees don't lie, DoomHawk92

Thats like saying Walmart employees dont lie :lol:

taylor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 taylor888
Member since 2005 • 2232 Posts

Are you sure of this?

Could we get someone who JUST bought the game to let us know... cause, no offense, but I doubt you've bought the game a couple of times.

processedkill

I just bought the game brand new at EB though it didn't have the "Halo 3 Beta!" sticker on the front, it had a paper next to the manual that says "Congratulations!  You have bought a copy of Crackdown which includes the Halo 3 multiplayer beta!" and some other stuff. So i'm thinking this guy is right and every copy has it included.

northstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 northstar1
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
second paragraph http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/20070511-mulitplayerbeta.htm?WText.camp=HR1-Halo3Beta&WText.campSrc=Home
taylor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 taylor888
Member since 2005 • 2232 Posts

[QUOTE="DoomHawk92"]I just bought Crackdown a few days ago at Gamestop and they said every Crackdown copy has the beta.  Crackdown has been out for a few months so I doubt I just happened to get one that was part of the initial launch. Gamestop employees know what they're talking about, so I trust them. Sorry if I'm wrong guys, but you don't have to go crazy, it's just video games.ChickenHawk07

There's the issue right there!  Most Gamestop employees don't know much about gaming, only that they play video games.  This does not mean that they keep up on all the news, nor read every memo or FAQ posted by their company.  Most talk out of their ass.  I can go into most Gamestops and know more about a game than the people who are supposedly the salespeople.

When I bought Crackdown I asked if they had any Beta copies left and she said "no, but i'm pretty sure the beta is almost over anyways."  And i was like WTF! do u know anything of the world of gaming??

IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IMuGGeDSaTaN
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
You just DL the content when you have the game. As long as you have the game you can play the Beta. You can rent the game and play the Beta it just has to be in your console. Its going to be offered as DL content so any game will have it.
idol46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 idol46
Member since 2004 • 155 Posts

What a self centered person. You started this thread as asking it. When alot of other people saying "No, you are wrong", you start to saying "I don't trust you". :(

cecx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28 cecx
Member since 2004 • 10568 Posts
I just bought Crackdown a few days ago at Gamestop and they said every Crackdown copy has the beta. Crackdown has been out for a few months so I doubt I just happened to get one that was part of the initial launch. Gamestop employees know what they're talking about, so I trust them. Sorry if I'm wrong guys, but you don't have to go crazy, it's just video games.DoomHawk92
:lol: ROFLMAO...uhhh no they don't. GS Employee: "Unreal 2 is the sequel to Unreal Championship" :| GS Employee: "Halo 3 beta will start in March" :|
JasonWI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JasonWI
Member since 2003 • 685 Posts
I just rented the game 5 minutes ago in hopes that it would have the beta on it, and indeed it looks like it does as it is listed off of the main menu under the downloads section.  And no the game did not have a halo 3 beta marking on the front cover either. I think I just lucked out and hit the jackpot. Can't wait until tomorrow morning. :)
xelloss88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xelloss88
Member since 2006 • 5187 Posts

I just rented the game 5 minutes ago in hopes that it would have the beta on it, and indeed it looks like it does as it is listed off of the main menu under the downloads section. And no the game did not have a halo 3 beta marking on the front cover either. I think I just lucked out and hit the jackpot. Can't wait until tomorrow morning. :)JasonWI

THe sticker was over the plastic wrap so thats probably why its not on yours.

JasonWI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JasonWI
Member since 2003 • 685 Posts

Didn't think about that. 

7 more hours to go... better get me some rest now...