Epic has made me appreciate Bungie

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts

I have played a lot of Halo 3, and one thing I have to say is that I have never ever run into someone using an exploit. I never thought it was a big deal til I played the Gears multiplayer and it is remarkable the difference in competence between these 2 A-list developers. Epic has so many cheats and glitches it is like they put them in on purpose, while Bungie diligently observed the Beta and tightened up any problems.

Kudos Bungie, teach those n00bs at Epic a lesson maybe?

Chronotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chronotime
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts
To suggest that they put them in on purpose is ridiculous. Yes, there are a lot of glitches, but how do you know they deliberately put them in? Please, next time find evidence to support your fanboyish claims. Anyway, it's the community's fault if they decide to exploit the glitches in game.
fries021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fries021
Member since 2004 • 1115 Posts
Yeah but what about the glitches of halo 2? There were 100's of those. Also they are still many things wrong with halo 3 also like host spawning and such. I've killed a guy before and then started fighting his teammate while he'll spawn next to that teammate fighting me again before my shields have even started. I've also spawned with my back turned to an enemy so I was instantly assassinated. Halo 3 is messed up without glitches.
impl0sion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 impl0sion
Member since 2006 • 851 Posts
Yeah but what about the glitches of halo 2? There were 100's of those. Also they are still many things wrong with halo 3 also like host spawning and such. I've killed a guy before and then started fighting his teammate while he'll spawn next to that teammate fighting me again before my shields have even started. I've also spawned with my back turned to an enemy so I was instantly assassinated. Halo 3 is messed up without glitches.fries021
Stil, one hell of a lot less messed up than gears 2
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
Yeah but what about the glitches of halo 2? There were 100's of those. Also they are still many things wrong with halo 3 also like host spawning and such. I've killed a guy before and then started fighting his teammate while he'll spawn next to that teammate fighting me again before my shields have even started. I've also spawned with my back turned to an enemy so I was instantly assassinated. Halo 3 is messed up without glitches.fries021
Oh, I'm not saying Halo 3 is perfect. But I dunno, I rarely encounter the spawning problems and I don't mind cause it is a game with infinite respawns. Exploits are more serious in a team elimination game. None of the problems that Halo has can rival the 'pull out your hair' factor of even one person crabwalking or using the boomshield/lancer glitch.
jonnymcl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jonnymcl2k
Member since 2004 • 1604 Posts
To suggest that they put them in on purpose is ridiculous. Yes, there are a lot of glitches, but how do you know they deliberately put them in? Please, next time find evidence to support your fanboyish claims. Anyway, it's the community's fault if they decide to exploit the glitches in game.Chronotime
How can you blame tyhe community for the glitchs? Epic should of tested the game enough to recognise and fix them before releasing the game.
T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

Here are the reasons for all the "problems" with Gears 1 & 2 multiplayer vs. Halo series multiplayer, IMO:

1) Gears is a much more complex game than Halo, almost all the "glitching" comes from the roll/cover button. It is a much easier system to exploit since everything can be made rigid in Halo since their is not real cover system other than running behind objects or jumping around.

2) Epic does not have Betas...so effectively the Beta is occuring right now.

3) Communities: just because a glitch exists does not mean you have to use it. The only glitch that I have run into so far with Gears 2 that really ticks me off is the shield glitch...mostly people only use it when they are loosing and the people that I play with always give them bad feedback and file a complaint.

I have enjoyed Halo, Gears 1 and Gears 2. It would be nice if Epic got rid of some of the bugs and tightened up the online matchmaking for public matches even more but enjoy the games for what they are.

s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts

Here are the reasons for all the "problems" with Gears 1 & 2 multiplayer vs. Halo series multiplayer, IMO:

1) Gears is a much more complex game than Halo, almost all the "glitching" comes from the roll/cover button. It is a much easier system to exploit since everything can be made rigid in Halo since their is not real cover system other than running behind objects or jumping around.

2) Epic does not have Betas...so effectively the Beta is occuring right now.

3) Communities: just because a glitch exists does not mean you have to use it. The only glitch that I have run into so far with Gears 2 that really ticks me off is the shield glitch...mostly people only use it when they are loosing and the people that I play with always give them bad feedback and file a complaint.

I have enjoyed Halo, Gears 1 and Gears 2. It would be nice if Epic got rid of some of the bugs and tightened up the online matchmaking for public matches even more but enjoy the games for what they are.

T_0_D
1. So it's justified to have glitches 'cause they have a cover/roll system? it's not like they just build the system, it's the same as in the first game... 2. Yeah, so you don't think that they, just like bungie and probably all the rest, have testers and sutch the last 2-3 months? and, shludn't they have fixed the majority of the major glitches by now anyway?! 3. Not all glitches are "cheats". there are things like, never getting up after being knocked down by a smoke granades. Now I feel obligated to tell you that I acctually enjoy GOW2's multi alot and that I got bored of halo 3' pretty fast. it's a great game and even if it has some glitches you don't see them in every match...
Chronotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chronotime
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts
[QUOTE="Chronotime"]To suggest that they put them in on purpose is ridiculous. Yes, there are a lot of glitches, but how do you know they deliberately put them in? Please, next time find evidence to support your fanboyish claims. Anyway, it's the community's fault if they decide to exploit the glitches in game.jonnymcl2k
How can you blame tyhe community for the glitchs? Epic should of tested the game enough to recognise and fix them before releasing the game.

I agree that it was Epic's fault for releasing the game without doing a good job of removing glitches and all, but now that the game IS released, there's nothing you can do about it now is there? I blame the community because the glitches are optional to exploit and they have a choice to use it or not. If everybody played fair then glitches wouldn't be much of a problem now would they? Of course, this is only referring to the glitches that are avoidable.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

To suggest that they put them in on purpose is ridiculous. Yes, there are a lot of glitches, but how do you know they deliberately put them in? Please, next time find evidence to support your fanboyish claims. Anyway, it's the community's fault if they decide to exploit the glitches in game.Chronotime

I agree with the fact that it is the communities fault for using them but they should be removed. In TF2 there's a lot of glitches and i very rarely see anyone use them. In 2fort i never see people glitching to the top of the building. Probably haven't seen that in like 30-35 hours of gameplay.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts

I have played a lot of Halo 3, and one thing I have to say is that I have never ever run into someone using an exploit. I never thought it was a big deal til I played the Gears multiplayer and it is remarkable the difference in competence between these 2 A-list developers. Epic has so many cheats and glitches it is like they put them in on purpose, while Bungie diligently observed the Beta and tightened up any problems.

Kudos Bungie, teach those n00bs at Epic a lesson maybe?

RebornInFlames
I agree with you on this one. The beta did help bungie out a lot but even if they found glitches after the game was released they would patch it up quickly not like Epic taking there long time and then releasing some maps for a broken multiplier.
KazuoXKiriyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 KazuoXKiriyama
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

In my experience with both games, I really believe that Bungie's overwhelming number of giltches very much trumps Epic's. I agree with you guys that Epic is taking their sweet time fixing their game (WTF?) and charging for those three new maps is absolutely ridiculous, but I've only encountered a single digit number of glitches, as opposed to Halo 3 which has demonstrated that if you learn how to cheat in a game, you're going to win regardless. Cheating has become a strategy in Halo, which is just something that shouldn't have ever happened.

Please disregard my profile picture. LOL. I hate the "fanboy" label.

demon565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 demon565
Member since 2005 • 5167 Posts

In my experience with both games, I really believe that Bungie's overwhelming number of giltches very much trumps Epic's. I agree with you guys that Epic is taking their sweet time fixing their game (WTF?) and charging for those three new maps is absolutely ridiculous, but I've only encountered a single digit number of glitches, as opposed to Halo 3 which has demonstrated that if you learn how to cheat in a game, you're going to win regardless. Cheating has become a strategy in Halo, which is just something that shouldn't have ever happened.

KazuoXKiriyama
Would you like to name some of those glitches from halo ?
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

KazuoXKiriyama
What glitches are there in Halo 3? The only useful one I can think of are the equipment/power up glitch.
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
developers don't intentionally put in glitches in multiplayer. If they happen to be in there, then deal with it. Maybe you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place/.
demon565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 demon565
Member since 2005 • 5167 Posts
developers don't intentionally put in glitches in multiplayer. If they happen to be in there, then deal with it. Maybe you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place/.jrabbit99
Well when I pay $60 I dont expect my game to be filled with glitches in the first place, I guess you like paying for games where one of the main modes is broken.