This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ace-of-spades93
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 ace-of-spades93
Member since 2008 • 2456 Posts
i just finished playing the endwar demo, i think its pretty good but not great and i could see how repetitive it would become but i wanna hear ure thoughts about it, that is if uve finished downloading the 1.64gb whopper
Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts

Nope Im about 36% as of now... Hopefully ill play it tonight.

How long was it?

guitardude1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 guitardude1243
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts
I found it entertaining but not worth a buy though. I will give it that they left out many of the other key features in the demo, but the voice thing feels more like a gimmick that an actual feature if you ask me, I'd rather that they supplemented something more interesting.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

Nope Im about 36% as of now... Hopefully ill play it tonight.

How long was it?

Frenzyd109

its just one quick single player game and online play. i like it i might get it when it comes out.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
I am pretty sure they didn't even put all the voice commands into the demo... Atleast when i tried "calling all units attack hostile 1" it didn't work (i tried multiple times). Having more commands does make the game feel better, but i think i may pass on the game too. A month ago i would not have, but right now i think it is going to be an awesome game for about a week or two and then i won't want to play it.
Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Vance_009
Member since 2004 • 2005 Posts
I was in the Early beta in April and the game was a mess with the voice command. may download the demo to see if it is better.
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
the vocal controls in this demo are stellar the best voice recognition tech ive seen yet even better than 95% of phones out there you can basically speak sentences from the words given and at a normal speed and it will pick it up
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
I haven't even downloaded it yet..I can already tell it's not my type of game but I'll try it out sometime..I just don't really care right now.
soulicro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soulicro1
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

I am pretty sure they didn't even put all the voice commands into the demo... Atleast when i tried "calling all units attack hostile 1" it didn't work (i tried multiple times). Having more commands does make the game feel better, but i think i may pass on the game too. A month ago i would not have, but right now i think it is going to be an awesome game for about a week or two and then i won't want to play it. Agent_Kaliaver

Go into options, the default set for the voice command is Lite. Change it to Standard. Fixed :)

The game is fun, but I dont see myself getting the urge to get the full version - honestly, whenever I feel like playing, the offline skirmish is more than enough (the campaign mission is a joke, that thing lasts 2 minutes).

Avatar image for VIRGIN_ISLANDER
VIRGIN_ISLANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 VIRGIN_ISLANDER
Member since 2008 • 447 Posts
The only thing good about this game is the voice command it's the bomb...Halo Wars should have had voice command also, I think i'll pass on end war.
thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
Fun demo but not enough to warrant a purchase.
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

The voice controls were awesome.

I see what people are saying about not worth getting the full version but the problem with RTS demos is RTS games take a lot of getting used to and have a long learning curve. There's so much to work out such as all the different upgrades and what they do and complex controls like making groups of units etc. I'm just saying there's a lot more than what you get the first time you play the demo. I'm going to play it a few times before I make my mind up.

lt_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lt_04
Member since 2004 • 210 Posts
Its was decent, but for some reason my mic wouldn't work