Elite vs 60gb value for money

This topic is locked from further discussion.

craigwhitcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 craigwhitcher
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts

well it finally happened i got my red rings....im not gunna cry about it ive had the 360 since nov 06 so its had a good life and ive had my £300 notes worth out of it,

Im posting on here for a little advise, is the elites extra memory worth £60 more than the new 60gig prem virsion?? A quick scan round puts the elite version at £259 compared to £199 for the 60gig. What am ui getting extra with the elite, ive never used all my 20g up so i dont see alot of use for aq 120g. I do have a tv which supports hd 1080p but ive been told newer models of the premium have hdmi port so surly its cheaper just to buy the cable seperate?

Your advise would be much welcomed

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

well it finally happened i got my red rings....im not gunna cry about it ive had the 360 since nov 06 so its had a good life and ive had my £300 notes worth out of it,

Im posting on here for a little advise, is the elites extra memory worth £60 more than the new 60gig prem virsion?? A quick scan round puts the elite version at £259 compared to £199 for the 60gig. What am ui getting extra with the elite, ive never used all my 20g up so i dont see alot of use for aq 120g. I do have a tv which supports hd 1080p but ive been told newer models of the premium have hdmi port so surly its cheaper just to buy the cable seperate?

craigwhitcher

Seems like u live in the UK, lucky u :)I do aswell. Gamestation are doing a great deal. Buy the Elite and get 3 games for absolutely free. I recommend this. £260. It's the Elite aswell,check the site.

Koal_Jadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Koal_Jadian
Member since 2003 • 152 Posts

hey bud,

Microsoft extended the warranty to 3 years, you've had yours for less than 2. Why not call support, have them send you the shipping box and you keep your harddrive, send the system in and get a free one back in a few weeks.

No need to buy another

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

Your warrenty is still valid.

If its some rediculous clause that means you need a new one then trade it in at Gamestation and get a bundle there. The 60Gb is £180 on play.com or £200 with a free game at gamestation.

The elite isn't worth an extra £60 imho.

craigwhitcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 craigwhitcher

yeah i would but ive got busy hands and a wondering mind and well i sort of opened the box up a year ago so warrenty return is outta the question

jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
I bought the Elite about a year ago. The 120gb hard drive was the biggest difference to me. The HDMI cable is the only other major difference, but you can get one of those separately really cheap. I think you should go with the 60gb Pro system with and HDMI port and but the HDMI cable separately to save a lot of money.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

craigwhitcher

Yeah, I've had mine since March '06 and it's starting to overheat a lot. If I were you, I'd probably go with the Elite just because the Fall update will give the optional feature to put game on the HD and that 60 GB could fill up quick.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts
[QUOTE="craigwhitcher"]

bez2083

Yeah, I've had mine since March '06 and it's starting to overheat a lot. If I were you, I'd probably go with the Elite just because the Fall update will give the optional feature to put game on the HD and that 20 or 60 GB could fill up quick.

jedbaldoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 jedbaldoni
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts
once u go black u never go back
atliens11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 atliens11
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
true true.. the elite cools well and it had all the extra space for demos and movies and stuff you really dont need.. the hdmi is good to especially if you want the good high def
craigwhitcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 craigwhitcher
Thanks guys for all your input, im gunna go elite i think, black would look good on my black glass tv stand and the extra hard drive space may prove useful further on down the line
GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

Your warrenty is still valid.

If its some rediculous clause that means you need a new one then trade it in at Gamestation and get a bundle there. The 60Gb is £180 on play.com or £200 with a free game at gamestation.

The elite isn't worth an extra £60 imho.

hongkingkong

But it also comes with 3 games free (at Gamestation)