DR3 smartglass issue?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hells_rebelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Hells_rebelion
Member since 2003 • 2957 Posts

Downloaded and used the app for DR3... Worked fine with a few small blips. Now it'll only go to the start screen, under the eagle symbol I click the home button and nothing happens.

Anyone have the same issue?

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

My son had problems with it on our Nexus 7, I tried it on the Ipad Mini and had no issues. If you're accessing from Android, maybe it's an application issue with them. I say this because he also had a hiccup with BF4, again on the Ipad I didn't have any issues.

Hells_rebelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Hells_rebelion
Member since 2003 • 2957 Posts

Yeah I'm running it on a nexus 10 so the whole android system must be pretty unstable with the app. Well this sucks, I can't access a good amount of features =(

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rgsniper1

I'd just give it a little and they may just update the application. We have way to many tablets around our house and the only OS that I've noticed issues with is Android. That includes iOS, Android and Windows. Good luck. I will say from using Smartglass with iOS and WIndows, it's good and I can only hope Android gets there's up to the level of the other two.

bumsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 bumsonfire
Member since 2013 • 250 Posts

what exactly is smartglass, someone tell me please.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#6 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@bumsonfire: I am connected right now. It works with the smartglass app when you are connected to Live and say your tablet or phone. If there is additional content for something youre playing then you can access it through smartglass on the other device. Its more for entertainment than games but who knows.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#7 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

@bumsonfire said:

what exactly is smartglass, someone tell me please.

It's a smartphone app that not only replicates your dashboard experience, but can also be used within a game. Messaging is also easier (especially if you don't have a chat pad) since you're already used to your phone's keyboard.

Specifically, in DR3 your guy gets text alerts on his phone. But if you have Smartglass, your One will make your phone a part of the game, so it will send alerts to your phone as though it were in the game.

I believe Watch Dogs is planning to do the same thing with a lot of the hacking mini games. The character in game will do that on his phone, but Smartglass will make it so you'll have the option to control hacking on your smartphone. That's a lot easier than maneuvering on-screen fingers along an on-screen phone!

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rgsniper1

Also Smartglass (touch device app) is a very nice way to control your xbox one interface. The new one is quick and clean with some good options. The look of it almost mirrors what you see on the screen.