This topic is locked from further discussion.

o0George0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 o0George0o
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts
i have a friend who had it and said it was baiscally peaking out of a cornner and shooting some guy and it was boring but every1 says thats it great so i was thinking if i should get along with gears when i get my elite?
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
Ok, next time use commas and an occasional period, run on sentences are bad. R6V is a bad*** game, nothing else to say really. Of course, its a tactical shooter and not everyone will like it.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
I wouldn't even go as far as saying its a tac. shooter, its no where like GRAW. Easy team commands, amazing graphics, great story, awesome sound, good AI, challenging single player = AAA.
jello44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jello44
Member since 2004 • 274 Posts
Well then if that's the case, you aren't going to like Gears, it's pretty much the same thing. Only R6 is more realistic, and Gears is more arcade type.
unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 unknown-phenom
Member since 2006 • 1807 Posts
R6V is the best game out for 360 right now. That and GeOW is all I ever play anymore.
Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts
R6 Vegas does not suck. It's a very realistic fun challenging game.
Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gama_Forever
Member since 2004 • 2645 Posts
no it suks
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
gears is better, just through sheer enemy variety. You have to think more facing a bunch of drones, two theron guard, and a boomer than just with yet another group of terrorists. Thats what bugged me about r6v, the whole game you are against one enemy type with different camo (omg theyre speaking spanish now totally different!!! hehe)
jello44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jello44
Member since 2004 • 274 Posts

no it suksGama_Forever

Thanks for that very insightful post, I am sure lots of people won't buy the game based on that review.  

zidura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 zidura
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts
RS:V is the best multi-player shooter on the 360 and my favorite FPS ever. It has a pretty good single-player but what you'll really want it for is the multi-player. Get in a good clan or play with a bunch of friends and you'll have a blast. Just a tip: play Player matches instead of ranked matches. In ranked matches you have to find a new lobby after every round whereas in player matches you can play with the same people over and over again. Also, you gain rank whether you play ranked matches or player matches (you just don't gain leaderboard true-skill ranking but who cares about that anyways?).
YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
Personally, I love it. It is a tactical shooter and many people aren't big fans of that genre... But in my opinion the campaign is great and the multiplayer is highly addicting and rewarding as well.
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
[QUOTE="zidura"]RS:V is the best multi-player shooter on the 360 and my favorite FPS ever. It has a pretty good single-player but what you'll really want it for is the multi-player. Get in a good clan or play with a bunch of friends and you'll have a blast. Just a tip: play Player matches instead of ranked matches. In ranked matches you have to find a new lobby after every round whereas in player matches you can play with the same people over and over again. Also, you gain rank whether you play ranked matches or player matches (you just don't gain leaderboard true-skill ranking but who cares about that anyways?).

Whoa thanks for that man I thought you could only rank up in ranked matches.....do people boot less in player matches? I always get booted i think its cause a lot of the time my ping is red tho
zidura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zidura
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts
I rarely get booted but I mostly play with friends.  There's no reason to boot a person in player matches except maybe because of lag.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 12003 Posts
i have a friend who had it and said it was baiscally peaking out of a cornner and shooting some guy and it was boring but every1 says thats it great so i was thinking if i should get along with gears when i get my elite?o0George0o
never heard of it
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
[QUOTE="o0George0o"]i have a friend who had it and said it was baiscally peaking out of a cornner and shooting some guy and it was boring but every1 says thats it great so i was thinking if i should get along with gears when i get my elite?gatsbythepig
never heard of it

You've never heard of Rainbow Six Vegas?
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
yeah dude, a definite must buy
Palmer2Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Palmer2Johnson
Member since 2006 • 598 Posts
vegas is like my favorite game of all time for online.
goallie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 goallie
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts
Its a great game. Single player is great, story is slightly under developed, though still very interesting. Co-op with a friend or two is a great deal of fun. And where this game probably shines the most is the online, one of the best online games I've played in a long time. So if you are a fan of tactical shooters, or just shooters in general this game is defiantly worth a try.
tacubano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tacubano
Member since 2005 • 947 Posts
Vegas is not for every though, if you really like fast shooters were u jump and go nuts AKA HAlo...or Gaylo like our good friend over in youtube likes to called (i like halo by the way) then u wont like RV6 because it is a slower game. You will probably get a maximum of 2 kills before dying but when u get a kill is really rewarding and u really feel proud of yourself. Nevertheless it scored extremely well and it is a awesome experince over live if u are a patient person and take thinks slowing and use ur brain
zikeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zikeria
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

while being hard, there are challenges

and the replay value is just crazy.

I mean look you got story, co-op story, and if your done with that then you can play a seperate mode called the terrorist hunt which can also be co-op

and then you got multiplayer.

it is fun and challenging, that is all I have to say.

but personally, I think it is WAY WAY over rated. 

DrStewie04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DrStewie04
Member since 2005 • 543 Posts
my favorite 360 game
Malvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Malvo
Member since 2005 • 183 Posts
i have a friend who had it and said it was baiscally peaking out of a cornner and shooting some guy and it was boring but every1 says thats it great so i was thinking if i should get along with gears when i get my elite?o0George0o

to me, that sounds like your friend tried to play the game Halo-style and got destroyed. Run N Gun isn't effective if theres any kind of skilled player that uses the cover on the other team.
HungryTanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HungryTanner
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts
It depends on what kind a games you like. R6-V is more of a tactical shooter
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
gears is better, just through sheer enemy variety. You have to think more facing a bunch of drones, two theron guard, and a boomer than just with yet another group of terrorists. Thats what bugged me about r6v, the whole game you are against one enemy type with different camo (omg theyre speaking spanish now totally different!!! hehe)RebornInFlames
You expect boss levels? With super powers and more elite than the others? Its a realistic type environment where just a bucnh of terrorists attack. Seriously, do you expect to fight Osama Bin Laden or something?
tal_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tal_001
Member since 2006 • 305 Posts

i was expecting a lot more from this game but its just another shooter...

and its not that difficult as well...

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Best shooter on the 360....
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

[QUOTE="RebornInFlames"]gears is better, just through sheer enemy variety. You have to think more facing a bunch of drones, two theron guard, and a boomer than just with yet another group of terrorists. Thats what bugged me about r6v, the whole game you are against one enemy type with different camo (omg theyre speaking spanish now totally different!!! hehe)Chicago_Nut
You expect boss levels? With super powers and more elite than the others? Its a realistic type environment where just a bucnh of terrorists attack. Seriously, do you expect to fight Osama Bin Laden or something?

I'd actually find that rather funny, i wouldn't mind seeing that. XD

Yeah R6V certainly isn't for everyone but if you like the previous R6V games you should love this one. 

Bladecutter56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Bladecutter56
Member since 2006 • 2081 Posts
[QUOTE="RebornInFlames"]gears is better, just through sheer enemy variety. You have to think more facing a bunch of drones, two theron guard, and a boomer than just with yet another group of terrorists. Thats what bugged me about r6v, the whole game you are against one enemy type with different camo (omg theyre speaking spanish now totally different!!! hehe)Chicago_Nut

He could use his "Super Hiding Power of DOOM!" ability. :O
LUK3isH3RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LUK3isH3RE
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts
Isn't that what all shooters are? You can describe ANYTHING in a boring way, as your friend seems to be doing. It's a tactical shooter so not everyone will like it but there's no denying it's a superb game both online and off.
Bladecutter56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Bladecutter56
Member since 2006 • 2081 Posts
Oblivion is boring, all you do is press a few buttons and kill things.

Gears of war is boring, all you do is press a few buttons and kill things.

:P