Does Microsoft een check if ur Xbox is fixed when they send it back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LilSlugger1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LilSlugger1
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

i got my xbox back today it took a little more than a month to get it back i only was gonna play it really litely becuase i wanted to make sure it was gonna be fine for christmas break. i set it up i play some uno for 15 mins and i get the RROD in less than 30 mins of my xbox being on.. they said they will ship me a game but come on... my xbox is gonna show up after christmas break now.. that bull crap becuase the next time my college has a break is in february.. i guess im gonna have to do what every gamer does when theres break.. get some fresh air

ianp_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ianp_91
Member since 2004 • 2376 Posts
that sucks...
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Wow, that is... wow what a kick in the groin.
steveo2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 steveo2000
Member since 2003 • 72 Posts
this is exactly what im worried about. just got one red ring last sunday. Still havnt received my coffin. Thinking about getting the arcade 360, since you dont have to send in your harddrive when the broken one gets fixed.
flashsc85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 flashsc85
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
so wat ur saying they are going to send u a video game are a sytem cus u said send me a free game
Kyoshiro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Kyoshiro19
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
They probably don't check.
king-of-ruckus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#7 king-of-ruckus
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
I don't think they do. I had the same situation and when I got mine back I got an error message right away when I booted it up. Then I sent it back and when I got it back the disc tray wouldn't open, I am still waiting to get it back and if it doesn't work I am going to be so pissed.
TKMHomicide187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TKMHomicide187
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
Buy yourself a PS3 those never break.
ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts

Buy yourself a PS3 those never break.TKMHomicide187

true, but not the brightest move....

ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts

so wat ur saying they are going to send u a video game are a sytem cus u said send me a free gameflashsc85

if i could quote samuel l. jackson here....english mother **** do you speak it??

xDJxGodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xDJxGodx
Member since 2006 • 229 Posts

Buy yourself a PS3 those never break.TKMHomicide187

lets get a move on into the playstation 3 fanboy section here. we dont like your kind, fanboy with 2 systems, stop posing with your 360 cause PS3 sucks.

Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
haha so a 360 fanboy is telling a ps3 fanboy the the ps3 sucks. both systems are great, just depends on what your preference is, 360 has the better shooters and ps3 has better single player games. i doubt that they do check for the problems to be fixed b/c mine broke when i got it replaced as well, although my ps3 still runs perfect lol.
exileddeuszero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 exileddeuszero
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
wow that does suck! i just got the rrod the day before thanksgiving. this makes 360 number three when i get it back! oh well i still love it. and by the way ps3s do break, i had two the night i bought my first one.... the damn thing kept throwing up an error message.!
xDJxGodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xDJxGodx
Member since 2006 • 229 Posts

haha so a 360 fanboy is telling a ps3 fanboy the the ps3 sucks. both systems are great, just depends on what your preference is, 360 has the better shooters and ps3 has better single player games. i doubt that they do check for the problems to be fixed b/c mine broke when i got it replaced as well, although my ps3 still runs perfect lol.luigismansion101

So what if i am a fanboy, im not sure if this is true, but maybe your xbox living just comes down to enviroment and care you have for your system. Im not saying if your xbox broke you treated it liked crap, but, that may be what it is.

ANd the PS3 has no exclusives that are hits (knock halo 3 or Gears and your making yourself look stupid) And your answer to that is oh imma go pleh sum kilzown 2. Well, the first killzone SUCKED, why would we need more? You have Resistance: FOM, and that is it.

PS Is it sad that PS3 sells because of its blu ray dvd player more than its games? I think so. And i believe the sales are somewhat on my side, so...

GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts
they probably only check and make sure it turns on.
MstrHnky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MstrHnky
Member since 2004 • 105 Posts

i got the rrod today. first, it froze during rock band and went to a black screen so i shut it off and turned it back on. then it froze during the game again, but the screen stayed on with "artifacts" all over the screen. i knew what was about to happen, so i turned it off and back on with a different game, COD4. i got into a multiplayer game and it froze again with the same artifacts. restart twice more, two more freezes.

i called microsoft to start the replacement procedure without getting the rrod and as soon as i got off the phone with them, i booted it back up and low and behold... RROD!

this was my first unit, lasted 11 months. i want to see if i get a new box with the quieter disc drive. i don't care about hdmi, i have vga anyway.

these next ~5 weeks are going to be hell.

LilSlugger1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LilSlugger1
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts
yup it does suck... well atleast i have a new PC to pass the time... not only didmy 360 break the hardrive on my PC got corrupted and i had to buy a whole new PC today