Does GTA 4 deserve a 10

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts

Dont get me wrong the game is good but its not perfect. The only games that deserve a 10 have to be 100% perfect. I can only think of a few games that deserve a 10, like OoT FF7 starcraft. I know you will disagree with me on this but i like the driving on the other GTAs i rather turn on 100 and have it bing fake rather then slowing all the way down like in real life. Also i use to like the millitary and a few other things that were all fake. I would of given it a 8

Avatar image for atomsmasher1313
atomsmasher1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 atomsmasher1313
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts
what surprised me was that the reviewer that gave it a 10 said in his review that "the game isnt perfect." so, if it isn't perfect, why give it a ten?
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
I thought of the samething too until I got online. Just trash talking with those guys and killing them in a free roam experience to back myself up makes me believe that it definetly deserves a 10. :)
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

what surprised me was that the reviewer that gave it a 10 said in his review that "the game isnt perfect." so, if it isn't perfect, why give it a ten?atomsmasher1313

Gamespots review means it's prime. They don't use perfect as a 10. 10 means prime.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Theirs already been ten billion topics about this
and perosnally i think it deserves a 9.0
Coffee_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Coffee_Blade
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts
I don't think it deserves a ten but I also don't think that it deserves a 9.5
odamkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 odamkevin
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts

Dont get me wrong the game is good but its not perfect. The only games that deserve a 10 have to be 100% perfect. I can only think of a few games that deserve a 10, like OoT FF7 starcraft. I know you will disagree with me on this but i like the driving on the other GTAs i rather turn on 100 and have it bing fake rather then slowing all the way down like in real life. Also i use to like the millitary and a few other things that were all fake. I would of given it a 8

EmperorZeruel

Let's all start topics and rate the game. Then something might change.

nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts

it got a ten bc its the biggest most detailed game in the last ten years. and its a blast to play.

honestly i think it does deserve a ten i mean all the big sites gave it tens, which doesnt happen often, so y not?

Coffee_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Coffee_Blade
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts

it got a ten bc its the biggest most detailed game in the last ten years. and its a blast to play.

honestly i think it does deserve a ten i mean all the big sites gave it tens, which doesnt happen often, so y not?

nahmean187

I think oblivion was bigger and more detailed than gta

A22A221N_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 A22A221N_47
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
i'd probably only give it a 9 or 8.
Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
Nope, while easily the best GTA game, the GTA franchise was never that great IMO
s3lFc0nTr0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 s3lFc0nTr0l
Member since 2006 • 3028 Posts

A 10 doesnt have to be perfect.

And no this gmae does not deserve a 10

PhoenixVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 PhoenixVenom
Member since 2008 • 706 Posts
for the experience it gives to gamer it gets a 10 just because of the variety of different things you can do in the game and it is a open world free roam. but over all no game is a 10. GTA is awesome but the controls can be sketchy at times and there are graphical glithes and lighting and shadow problems at times. its awesome but def not a 10
R0cky_Racc00n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R0cky_Racc00n
Member since 2006 • 5088 Posts
They dumbed it down a bit from past GTA games and it may be to a point revolutionary but no where close to a 10 score revolutionary, so I say no.
Uma-Chan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Uma-Chan
Member since 2005 • 14901 Posts
I don't know about a perfect ten...maybe a 9.9 :lol:
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#16 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
10 doesn't mean perfect for the last time, it just means it sets the bar higher and gives other games a bar of achievement to strive for.
Avatar image for strokersmoker07
strokersmoker07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 strokersmoker07
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
no, id still give it a 9 or so but it was a down grade from san andreas
MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MindFreeze
Member since 2007 • 2814 Posts

10 doesn't mean perfect for the last time, it just means it sets the bar higher and gives other games a bar of achievement to strive for. Toriko42

There you go, what makes you think something can even be perfect? Nothing is. 10/10 or 5/5 etc. from a reviewer means exactly what Toriko42 said.

Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
I would personally give it a 9.5, its a really good game but its not perfect.
MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MindFreeze
Member since 2007 • 2814 Posts

I would personally give it a 9.5, its a really good game but its not perfect.RenegadePatriot

Gahh stop using that word already.:P

MM87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MM87
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
The cover system is seriously flawed, the driving is a step backwards for the series and all the camera options while driving are terrible...but with that said I'd still rate GTA a 10. It is just so good and there is so much to do it would be hard to rate it anything lower than a 10.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts

10 doesn't mean perfect for the last time, it just means it sets the bar higher and gives other games a bar of achievement to strive for. Toriko42

Many people don't understand this concept.

Zcrimson07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Zcrimson07
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
what surprised me was that the reviewer that gave it a 10 said in his review that "the game isnt perfect." so, if it isn't perfect, why give it a ten?atomsmasher1313
what he said
meteorwings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 meteorwings
Member since 2008 • 100 Posts

Its deffinetly not worth a 10! I'm just thinking they gave it a 10 because of the hype, and as its already said, the gave it a 10 and says the game isn't perfect...0_o. I will give GTAIV about a 9.0

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

this has been established in IGN that the reason it should get a 10 is that even though there are flaws, the game has so many good qualities that it makes up for those flaws, or something like that

Kentisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kentisc
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
I would give it a 9/10, it isn't perfect but it is still very good.
canadiankidd91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 canadiankidd91
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
I think it deserves a 11.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
i used to think not but when i really think about it, i think it does. i mean the story is just amazing and the voice acting is near perfect. it doesnt have the best framerate but its pretty good. the physics is amazing in the game. if the multiplayer didnt lag as much it could deserve a 10.
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

A 10 isnt perfect.No game will ever be"perfect".

thenathmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thenathmeister
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts
[QUOTE="nahmean187"]

Coffee_Blade

I think oblivion was bigger and more detailed than gta

Oblivion is definatly bigger than GTA especially with all the DLC but in no way it it more detailed

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
It's alright.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
because its not a perfect 10 its just alot better then 9.5. like it would be 9.8 on the normal rating scale. so that estimates to be 10.0
contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
if the multiplayer was better then yea but no it deserves a 9.5
dogman753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dogman753
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts
Well your kinda late on the uptake this has been posted numerous times but since you posted ill state what i said last time. GTA 4 does not deserve a 10 it is a great game, I play it all the time and the live is loads of fun. The live is the funnest if you have friends and just go into free mode and just do whatever your in the mood for. My personal rating for this game which i submitted to gamespot under user reviews I gave this game a 9.5. Since its not perfect and has a very few minor details, details that dont even matter but the fact that they are there gives it a a 9.5, because in my book a 10 is reserved for only a perfect game, which i also think no game will ever deserve a 10. I think the hype influenced GS review alot and pretty much every gamer everywhere. But looking back on it we realize we made a mistake, and probably so did GS.
Sub-ZeroJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sub-ZeroJoe
Member since 2007 • 377 Posts
In my opinion. This game was overhyped and overrated. I personally would've given an 8.5. Right now its collecting dust. Once you beat the game there isn't much to do and the multiplayer is no fun at all.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts
I couldn't agree more, GTA IV definitely ain't a 10'er, the new graphic and story can't make up for alot of the content from previous games they removed, not even to mention fewer weapons and a much shorter version :( Of all the games i knew, i never thought that Rockstar would be the ones to pull a "Halo 3" on their biggest franchise simply sad :cry:, if they dont make up with the next GTA im done with the series forever, and converting to Saints Row :?
OneBadLT123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 OneBadLT123
Member since 2005 • 1152 Posts

In my opinion. This game was overhyped and overrated. I personally would've given an 8.5. Right now its collecting dust. Once you beat the game there isn't much to do and the multiplayer is no fun at all. Sub-ZeroJoe

Im with you on this one. I beat the game, and now there really isnt much left to do except the "hang out with friends" missions and the occasional odd job.

gamble61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamble61
Member since 2005 • 1082 Posts

Now that I got through the main story mission I don't think GTA4 deserve a 10. Its just missing little things. But it is still a fun and a must buy game. I give it a 9!

karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts
IMO it deserves 9.8.
Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gama_Forever
Member since 2004 • 2645 Posts

yes it does....think about it: not many games offer what GTA offers to a casual gamer. We all here are gamers but let's take a step back and observe many of the casual gamers who may have not beaten the campaign. You can't say that the campaign was terrible. It made you think about what you chose to do in situations and the results actually may have affected you (in my case anyway). The multiplayer isn't my favorite. I have absolutely no idea why but it may have to do with the incredibly large maps and the unfocused objectives you must complete throughout the entire multiplayer game. I absolutely love the city by the way. Not many of you actually consider what it must have taken to detail every single tree, building, and alleyway throughout the game. I mean SERIOUSLY consider it. It's tedious work but look at it, you are not complaining about that. Compare it to Saints Row, which had the same building model in multiple streets and highways. Every street in GTA is different. Every SINGLE car in the game handles differently. The physics system is just absolutely insane. Try jumping out of a moving helicopter and tell me that isn't realistic. The game took a step back in gameplay for realism and for me, that was worth it. Granted, I've never played any other GTA games. I'm just going off of what I heard.

In conclusion, ask yourself this question:

Would you rather play a game where you play as some random character with no feelings or thoughts and beat the bad guys with a limited amount of cutscenes and personal emotions (personal= your emotions). A.K.A. Saints Row.

Or...

Would you rather play as Niko Bellic. A man with nothing as he steps into one of the most violent and intense cities in the world as he battles alongside his cousin's friends and his friends' friends against mobs, citizens and the like.

Personally, you are being too hard. And when it comes down to it, I GUARANTEE you would've chastised Rockstar for not making the game more realistic if the gave you an incredible amount of stuff to do.

Thank you and goodbye.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts

i realy do not like the driving, and there are a lot of guns mising as well as a lot of other things that were in san adresses