Does anyone ever but multiple copies of the same game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

And I'm not talking about when devs "rehash" their games yearly as some people say. I'm talking about literally buying the exact same game twice. I'm wondering if anyone actually does this because my cousin keeps bugging me to buy BC2 to play with him even though I already own the game on PC. I've never bought the same game twice and don't ever intend on doing so as it seems to be a waste of money to me. There are so many games out there that I've wanted to try out for a long time that would be a better use of my money. I'm especially not doing it for a game that I didn't really like that still retails for nearly full price. I might do it for a game that I regret trading in, if I can find it for dirt cheap ($10 or less).

Avatar image for Victors_Valiant
Victors_Valiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Victors_Valiant
Member since 2010 • 398 Posts
Yes if you count me buying a copy for my Xbox and a copy for my fiance's Xbox (only Call of Duty right now, but Battlefield 3 in October).
cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

I do. Pokemon black/white. MW2 one for my little brother. Fallout 3 Ps3 first then pc for the mods. one BO for ps3 and Bo for xbox.

MOM-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 MOM-D
Member since 2005 • 5222 Posts

Yes Gears of War 2..

tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

nah but i bought oblivion a while back, then traded it in and then bought it again further down the line if that counts

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wopps
Member since 2003 • 2373 Posts

Yes I've done that with a couple I own on PC just for achievements. Plus, I just recently re-bought every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game because I had sold them all awhile back when I quit the game. Cost quite a bit.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

I can see if you are buying it for a family/friend and I can kind of see buying for PC and Console if something like framerate has it messed up, but buying it for both consoles seems like a waste of money to me.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Very few. I have BC2 on xbox which I got at release and I bought BC2 on PC on steam for 6 bucks.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

Yeah. I have the SFIV CE on 360, SFIV on PC, SSFIV on PS3 and SSFIV on 3DS, 2 RE5s, 3 Lost Planet 2s, 3 Batman AAs etc.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

I do indeed. I may be slightly different to anybody else, but I love re-releases and remakes just as much as new games! an example of this is as follows: Will ask for Metal Gear Solid HD Trilogy (MGS2: Sons of Liberty, 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence and Peace Walker, one in which I don't have, actually) for Christmas later in the year (I already know this as it will be released in November and I will wait for it). I already have 2 and 3 on the PS2, one which was £45 back in the day brand new, and the other was also brand new. Can't wait to download Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica X on Xbox Live Arcade later this year, even though I already own both on the PS2. Call of Duty (original) - I have the original on PC and the Classic version on Xbox 360 (I bought it, I didn't get it with Modern Warfare 2) Splinter Cell HD Trilogy (some people say it is coming out on 360?) but I will get this if it does, and I got all 3 of them on release back in the day on the PS2. Prince of Persia HD Trilogy - same as the SC one, except I have only played and own Sands of Time out of the 3, but even if I played them all, it wouldn't change my decision, as evidenced thus far Not only that, but I would LOVE for many more games to be released in HD just as much as I can't wait for all the amazing games coming out this year and that could be announced etc.! :)

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wopps
Member since 2003 • 2373 Posts

Also I have sold a lot of other games besides my entire GH collection only to be rebought shortly after.

Cj19_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cj19_32
Member since 2005 • 662 Posts

I bought 2 copies of the MGS franchise one to play one just to stay sealed. And when I was overseas I used to order a copy off Amazon because the BX/PX sucked at ordering games but after while they started getting them around a week after they came out. So I'd end up buy one from the BX and then getting the Amazon copy 3 days later.

wecanfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wecanfunk
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

yes i butted pc versions of console games i already own.

:)

SonicX_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SonicX_89
Member since 2008 • 573 Posts

I won't buy two copies of the same game at the same time, but I do hate replacing games that I like that are broken. Not exsctly answering your question, but I wanted to put in my thoughts.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Considering I own two xbox's, yeah I buy a few. I have two copies of Ghost Recon 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 2, and Texas Hold'em. I also own Dragon Age Origins on the PC, 360 and have the 360 Ultimate Edition (so yeah, 3 copies of that one). I have Oblivian and the game of the year edition both for the 360.

On the DS I own two copies of Animal Crossing and Viva Pinata. I think that covers them all. Oh wait I own Half Life 2 and Bioshock 1 on both the 360 and PC.

Most of these games I buy so I can play with my wife on our two systems, a few I pick up just because I'm a clearance fiend and when I see a really good game for like 5 to 7 dollars I just get the urge even if I already have it on another system.

Doktoraegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Doktoraegra
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts

I have both Oblivion and Fallout 3 for both the pc and 360. Oh, and I bought 2 copies of Bioshock 2 for the 360 since the first one I got.. on release... My xbox scratched it after one day of playing. I had long conversations with the shop I bought the game from which referred me to Microsoft, Microsoft sent mostly kilometer long automessages basically saying that 'we can give you a new game.. if we want to' then I never heard from them again. Talked to the guys who made the game which referred me to the shop I bought it from. Yeah. Bought a new copy when it was cheaper. Ah, it feels good to vent

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I never bought two copies, but I bought a copy of Reach and my brother did the same without me knowing. So we have two copies now.
lasseeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lasseeb
Member since 2010 • 1186 Posts

I have 2 COD's. Does that count? :D

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#19 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I wouldn't buy the same game for two consoles. But if one is dirt cheap, it won't hurt. However, if my copy of Gears 2 were to break, as much as I've played it these past few years, I would definitely go out and buy a new one.
edhc44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#20 edhc44
Member since 2005 • 949 Posts
I have a few, and for the same system in fact. The thing is, both my brother and I own two 360s that are installed on two different 40" TV sets side-by-side. System Link FTW! We usually do it for games with good co-op. Off the top of my head I think RE5 and MW2 (whatevs), but I'm willing to buy another Reach and another Army of Two the 40th Day. In all honesty, I own one and he owns one, but we live in the same house so, I guess it kinda counts, doesn't it?
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

Oblivion, Fallout 3, and new vegas I bought when they first came out on the pc, and then got the game of the year edition later on the 360

mass effect 1 i got on the 360 and then the pc later on. heard it was a much better experince, meh, i preferd it on the 360 overall.

Je3vez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Je3vez
Member since 2011 • 104 Posts

if you count pokemon (eg fire red & leaf green) but on the xbox i'll only buy a game twice if it has been broken/ringed by my brother.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
no, i did however buy Marvel Ultimate Alliance when it came out on PS2 and then got it free bundled with forza 2 when i got my 360 also i have Final Fantasy Tactics for PS and bought the remake/update for the PSP
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I have 2 copies of SvR07, and 2 copies of Hitman Blood Money but that's because the old copies are for my PS2 and the newer copies I re-bought when I got an Xbox 360 and wanted to play them again. Other than that I really don't see a need to buy 2 copies.. Unless the store is having a major sale or something and I know I can flip one of the copies for a little more money. But other than that no.
SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts
I've bought Half-Life 2 sooo many times. lol. I bought it on xbox, twice on 360 and once on the pc. :P
kenchen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kenchen23
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

planing on getting mv3 for xbox and ps3.8)

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#27 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Depends of the context, I generally don't get multiple copies unless it's out of necessity though. For instance right before the final week of Live for the original xbox my copy of Halo 2 broke so I went out and bought another copy. My new copy was a platinum hits version and my old copy was the original release so I kept it just for the sake of the collection.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
FM3 LE and standard copy.
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#29 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

Yes for a variety of reasons. Multiple copies of Gears of War 2/MW2/Black Ops so the kids can play system link and/or on-line together. Multiple copies of various Lego games ( usually different platforms ) to keep the number of arguements down. Few more that I've played on PS3 that the older kids then wanted on Xbox. ( to clarify, me, the wife and all 4 kids game )

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

And I'm not talking about when devs "rehash" their games yearly as some people say. I'm talking about literally buying the exact same game twice. I'm wondering if anyone actually does this because my cousin keeps bugging me to buy BC2 to play with him even though I already own the game on PC. I've never bought the same game twice and don't ever intend on doing so as it seems to be a waste of money to me. There are so many games out there that I've wanted to try out for a long time that would be a better use of my money. I'm especially not doing it for a game that I didn't really like that still retails for nearly full price. I might do it for a game that I regret trading in, if I can find it for dirt cheap ($10 or less).

Xeros606
I do if its a really good game i usally buy it for PC and either xbox or ps3 or even both if there is any difference, if the only thing is the graphics i dont i just buy for either console or pc.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Yes, but not for the same system. For example, I bought a lot of games on the X360 starting out, but now I got back-up copies for my PC via steam when they went on sale for $5, that came with the DLC and everything with it. Like Borderlands, with all the DLC for $7.50 - the DLC itself usually costs more than that. Did the same thing with Oblivion, Dragon Age, Bioshock 1 & 2, and more. I guess it was because I preferred the X360 until my PC got a big upgrade, once I did that I see no reason not to pick up the games on a massive sale to play it on the PC...
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

Fight Night Championship - first got scratched up.

Timper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Timper
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts
Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for XBOX 360 and PC. I'll also be getting Grand Theft Auto 4 for PC soon.
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
I bought NHL 11 for the 360 and PS3 since I have friends that play on both systems although I am about to trade in my PS3 version since I don't play it as much as my 360
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

I never bought two copies, but I bought a copy of Reach and my brother did the same without me knowing. So we have two copies now.WSGRandomPerson

system link. thats why I bought 2

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I have played games on the Xbox360 or PS3 and then got it for PC to play some of the mods that are made for some games, as some the mods are cool.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Do I ever buy Multiple copies of the same game?

No But I do buy a game again if I like it. When Sold My Xbox 360 for a plane ticket. I eventually bought another. Xbox 360 and Gears of War and Halo 3.

So I will rebuy games if they are stolen, Broken, lost orI have sold them. But I don't buy Multiple copies of the same game even if on different platforms.

Call of Duty Black ops I have both Xbox 360 and PS3 and a PC. I will only buyone copy of this game. not 3 for each platform.

myrepose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 myrepose
Member since 2010 • 105 Posts

Yep. I have Oblivion on my Xbox360 and my PS3 and PC. It's the only game I have done that. It's so huge and I sometime have limited access. I cover all bases and get to play it when I like :)

Avatar image for ratchet_ruler88
ratchet_ruler88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 ratchet_ruler88
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

Maybe, if i decide i want the collectors edition, then I sell the original copy.