does anyone else kinda fell bad for hd-dvd on 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dsman418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 dsman418
Member since 2005 • 1755 Posts
does anyone else kinda fell bad for hd-dvd on 360, i do, because im not a big hd guy, i have a couple hd sets in my house but no high def movie players, as soon as video marketplace came to canada ive been renting hd movies like mad, but i won a premium and a 20gig and dont wanna pay like 200 bucks for a bigger hdd. i want hd-dvd to do well cause i traded in my ps3, and i dont really feel like buying a blu-ray player, so the hd-dvd seems convient for me, but if no one will support it then ill be forced to bite the bullet and either re-buy a ps3, or a blu ray player, and the one by whoever makes it that plays both might also be another good option
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
i feel bad for the suckers who bought HD DVD hardware
Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kobewars87
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts
microsoft owes pople money if you ask me. they knew the hd-dvd wasnt selling as well and could possible flop...yet they released hardware that could play them.....if you ask me thats robbery.
Relived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Relived
Member since 2004 • 574 Posts
Why would that constitute them owing anyone anything? You didn't have to buy it and that's why we have video marketplace.
spec0688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 spec0688
Member since 2004 • 2444 Posts
lol.. they didnt force you into buying anything

JOHN117_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JOHN117_basic
Member since 2002 • 3418 Posts
Yeah I was one of the early adopters and have ten movies now that i can only play on the add on.lol Oh well ill get a ps3 in the next few months so i can start my blu ray collection.
Avatar image for fallendamnation
fallendamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fallendamnation
Member since 2004 • 5981 Posts
i feel bad for the suckers who bought HD DVD hardwareKGB32
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
microsoft owes pople money if you ask me. they knew the hd-dvd wasnt selling as well and could possible flop...yet they released hardware that could play them.....if you ask me thats robbery.Kobewars87

As far as I'm aware, most people have choice/free will. I saw that the PS3 had Blu-Ray built in = win. They made the choice. They took the risk. That's the third comment like that I've seen today. They don't owe anyone, anything. It doesn't work like that...
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
Locked. What's with the mods today locking all discussion of this. It applies to the 360.
rodd76dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 rodd76dog
Member since 2003 • 96 Posts
No, You can download any movie you want so that player issue realy isnt one. The ps3 owners are the ones making it a issue.
RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts

NICE!

gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 gamekingpin
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts
Well who knew that blue-ray was going to win the battle honestly, I mean as far as quality you could have guessed yes but because of the lower prices even Walmart was supportind HD over Blue-ray. But will someone please think of all those poor actresses who suffer from the high resloution that reveals ever blemish, every scar from botox and plastic surgery. Make up is useless there is no escaping. Oh no I can see J-lo's mustache DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.
RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts

Locked. What's with the mods today locking all discussion of this. It applies to the 360.msjr78

agree with you dude

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

i seriously considered buying the hddvd add on. but the i bought the ps3 also so i dont need the hddvd player. glad i was patient enough to wait.

thats all it boils down to...if you were patient enough to wait you get to know the outcome....if not you take the gamble. i waited and wound up getting the ps3...

you know whats ironic though, you see these people who spend these multiples of thousands on hd tvs but then they complaint that the blu ray player is too expnsive and they go for the lesser of the two evils and get the less expensive format, thats makes no sense whatsoever....

gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 gamekingpin
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts

Locked. What's with the mods today locking all discussion of this. It applies to the 360.msjr78

LOL nobody reeds your comments because all we see is Olivia licking that helmet. Am I allowed to say licking that helmet???

dsman418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 dsman418
Member since 2005 • 1755 Posts

agreed olivia munn is just so attractive.. she has a licking issue though ,we need her to lik a hddvd add on, then this thread is gold lol

fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts

I don't it was an add-on Micosoft knew there was risk involved that is probably why they didn't incorporate it that is what i think went wrong for the format what sort of percentage of 360 owners bought the HD-DVD drive i don't think its that high where as Blue-ray had the advantage that every PS3 owner could and probably would at least buy a couple of films to watch.

Im glad the format war is ending because while there wasn't a clear winner i wasn't willing to commit to either but now that Blue-ray looks like its pulling away i will happily commit to Blue-ray.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
if every 360 fan had bought one hd dvd wouldve won
jmartin1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 jmartin1016
Member since 2003 • 1363 Posts

No, You can download any movie you want so that player issue realy isnt one. The ps3 owners are the ones making it a issue. rodd76dog

Whoa... You mean people actually bought PS3's I never seen one.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts
This has absolutely no affect on MS. They supported a format that flopped. Now they will just support the format that won if anything. Does it help Sony? Sure it does but it doesn't hurt MS one bit.
NND1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NND1
Member since 2006 • 1416 Posts
Just download the movie ... Screw that bu ray crap...
Raider10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Raider10
Member since 2003 • 79 Posts
lol he "fells" bad for hd-dvd. I don't really feel bad but sometimes when I think about it too hard when I am walking down the street I fell bad thinking just how unfortunate it is
thereal11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thereal11
Member since 2003 • 170 Posts
Well who knew that blue-ray was going to win the battle honestly, I mean as far as quality you could have guessed yes but because of the lower prices even Walmart was supportind HD over Blue-ray. But will someone please think of all those poor actresses who suffer from the high resloution that reveals ever blemish, every scar from botox and plastic surgery. Make up is useless there is no escaping. Oh no I can see J-lo's mustache DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.gamekingpin
lmao some people aint built for high def. the mods been locking alot today. as far as quality not much difference between bd and hd -dvd.
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
This has absolutely no affect on MS. They supported a format that flopped. Now they will just support the format that won if anything. Does it help Sony? Sure it does but it doesn't hurt MS one bit.madskills6117
I think it does hurt MS in the end. Now that there is a clear cut winner in the format war, we are going to see a surge in PS3 sales. There's a large number of people who would just as soon buy a PS3 for its Blu Ray capabilities which is cheaper than most standalone players. We already saw PS3 finally overtake the 360 in sales in January after WB announced that they wouldn't support HD DVD at CES. And for those who have yet to get into the current gen of gaming consoles, their decision is heavily swayed by the fact that the 360 does not support the Blu Ray format. But as mentioned at CES by a marketing manager for Xbox hardware, they will consider a Blu Ray accessory in the event that HD DVD fails. Looks like they'll seriously have to consider that now.
Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts

[QUOTE="rodd76dog"]No, You can download any movie you want so that player issue realy isnt one. The ps3 owners are the ones making it a issue. jmartin1016

Whoa... You mean people actually bought PS3's I never seen one.

PS3 is currently outselling the 360 and almost matching Wii sales... :roll:

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
lol yea me too and microsoft should have known it wouldnt last but its a good thing i havent invensted in either mainly cause i cant afford them
UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#27 UnlivedPhalanx
Member since 2005 • 5433 Posts
Any kind of 360 vs PS3 needs to go in system wars, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray in the Audio/Video forum.