Do you think I wasted time getting an xbox if I already had a good pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJgummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 DJgummy
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts

Hi,

I recently got a 360, even though I already owned a pc that could run current games. I didn't really have to pay for the counsel, since I raised like $300 by selling old games, but I can't help feeling that it might have not been worth the time. I mostly got it because I thought xbox live had flawless online, but it is not quite as good as I remember seeing on my brother's xbox. Can you guys think of some advantages of playing on the 360 rather than the pc?

Thanks

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

Pretty much wasted money.

LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

You've listed seven consoles you play on and you don't know if you prefer console to PC on your own?

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
Yes. PC has about 90% of all Xbox/Xbox360 games worth playing. The only 360 exclusive I personally like is Halo, and the only other critically acclaimed 360 exclusive is Gears. There really isn't anything on 360 that you can't somehow get on PC.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Well, I'd say it has a better mic system? So talking to people I guess is better? Party chat, avatars and all that. but thats about it :S

simo98088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 simo98088
Member since 2003 • 927 Posts
If you got all those console's and something is still missing in your life to the point where you needed to also own a 360, then you have problems.. lol..
DJgummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DJgummy
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts

I'm pretty open to all types of games, and I've noticed that I do like counsel play better than the PC, even with FPS's believe it or not. My brother let me have 7 or 8 of his games, so I don't think it was a really bad decision. I became very annoyed with pc gaming, specifically the difficult setup and bugs, as well as unpopular online in some games. I just wanted some second opinions, and still do.

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

Do you prefer keyboard and mouse or playing with a gamepad? Do you enjoy xbox live over online services the PC offers? Do you like 360 exclusives such as gears of war 2, halo 3, fable 2 etc and do you have any friends who play on xbox live or friends you have made online who play on xbox live? If you answered mostly yes to these questions then getting a xbox 360 wasn't a mistake if you answered no then it was a mistake and if you answered in between then it wasn't a mistake or a mistake but the most important thing is if you are enjoying the console and if you aren't then it was definitely a waste of money for you.

strawberry9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 strawberry9
Member since 2006 • 875 Posts
console is always good... I mean pc is the best, but to have a console is good for some games... personally i like most of my shooters on console (other than valve games)
valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

Well, personally I just prefer playing in a nice chair and with a controller and on a large screen. Playing on PC is okay sometimes but I prefer playing on 360. But there are exceptions. For example games like Splinter Cell are better on PC imo, 'cause you need all the 'hotkeys' and stuff like that to act fast.

Master-blobby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Master-blobby
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts

I dont think so, i prefer most games with a 360 controller and my online experience feels much more stable and consistent. I have a $2000 pc rig and i payed very very little for all the parts so it is alot better than an average $2000 pc, and its custom built not dell made or anything haha. I still have no regrets.

Arc_Angel2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 Arc_Angel2k4
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts

I own a PC that gets a 9 on the windows experience index. I also own a Xbox360 and PS3. PC is great for games that are just too powerful for console or games like WoW or any other large MMO or great RTS. Shooters are great on both PC and Console in my opinion. Some will say mouse and keyboard are best others say controller. Keeping a computer that will be able to play every game on the highest settings with solid FPS is expensive and every year is going to cost more and more. A console is a rather small up front cost and low matience cost (games on average do cost $10 more). A great PC is a large up front cost (ridiculous if your into Alien wareor any other over priced computer) and a rather high matinece cost (new ram, new video card, new monitor, if a fan goes or power supply is not great you have to get a new one) this gets very expensive.

To answer your question. NO. Consoles have certain games that PC does not get and vica versa. If you do not play games on the 360 then don'tbuy one. If you bought a console for Halo and Gears then you made a mistake. I bought my PS3 for MGS4 and Blue ray... it was a mistake. If you were an avid PC gamer... why did you buy an Xbox... you must have bought it for some reason... friends... exclusives... Xbox Live... if that reason was not great... well you may have wasted time and money. I can only speak for my self, PC is great for the games i like on it (MMO's, RTS, Shooters, Power house games)... Xbox is great for other genera's of games (Racers, RPG's, Shooters)

kryptonite09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 kryptonite09
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts

PC, imo, is better for the most part, because you can get free DLC from the community of players. But the 360 is good if your computer can't handle a newer game or if its an 360 exclusive.

ArtemisAnimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 ArtemisAnimus
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts

Personally I like my 360 so I can lay back on my couch and just relax while playing. At the PC it always feels rather uncomfortable, and I like having a multitude of programs like Twitter, Email, browser with Google Wave and Facebook, etc, open at all times. It's just easier for me to game on the 360 and keep my 'networking' to the PC.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I've got a gaming PC and all current gen consoles. I don't regret buying any of them. I don't use my PC as much as I thought I would, though. TC, only you can answer if buying the 360 was a waste of time. I consider a console a worthy purchase if there's games on it I want to play. If there's no games on 360 that you want to play then it's pretty obvious you shouldn't have bought it.
Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

I don't think so at all. I have every console and a Gaming PC, and I play my 360 the most now a days, I just have a better time with it, espeshally online sinse its so easy to jump in, find people, and use voice chat. on PC that can be a real chore.

Matchmaking might not be the best thing for Online Gaming, but it works, ive never had problems with it,

And I would say from 1990 until probably 2006 I was 100% hardcore PC, That has drastically changed over the years. PC gamers don't ever want to admit it and if you do you get flamed, but PC gaming is just Dying to the point of the only thing worthwhile for them is MMO's. Everything is available on consoles, there are no patch or driver worries and the mass has changed over. Plus Publishers could care less anymore about PC sinse a good 3/4 ratio pirates everything. Did you know Call of Duty 4 on PC had almost 5x the amount of players than there were copies sold? IMO its a huge reason why Infinity Ward decided to say screw you to PC gamers by using the matchmaking service for screwing them over.

I still love my PC, but that way of gaming isn't going to be mainstream at all much longer. anyone who thinks it will be is just lying to themselves.

xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xxxCr00k3dxxx
Member since 2009 • 1006 Posts
You don't need to upgrade your console to play certain games unlike PC. :S
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

The main reason I got out of PC gaming and into the consoles is I got tired of having to spend money every year to keep upgrading to allow me to play the best games at good detail. Also there are just more games available for the consoles that are not on the PC. I'm not trying to knock the PC, I'm just saying for me it was costing too much. $299 for an Xbox 360 or PS3 is the cost of a good video card, which has to be replaced every few years. Of course just my opinion.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

I like my Xbox better than my PC and my PC is more powerful. I'm not very good at PC controls. Although the Total War games and Dragon Age on PC are amazing. I say you didn't waste your money.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

The main reason I got out of PC gaming and into the consoles is I got tired of having to spend money every year to keep upgrading to allow me to play the best games at good detail. Also there are just more games available for the consoles that are not on the PC. I'm not trying to knock the PC, I'm just saying for me it was costing too much. $299 for an Xbox 360 or PS3 is the cost of a good video card, which has to be replaced every few years. Of course just my opinion.

coasterguy65
I bought my PC earlier this year. I'm hoping I won't have to upgrade anything for at least three years. Maybe four.