Do you think Gamestop lied to me? (Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxcommixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 xxcommixx
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts

I exchanged my faulty 360 at Gamestop today (got the 3 red lights last night), and since I had the warrenty, they said I can get a brand new one. I double checked and asked if it really is new, he said yes, I looked at the box overall, and was convinced.

When I got home however, I noticed that the games on the back of the box (the little pictures of popular game on the back of the box) looked kind of out-dated. The games were Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark: Zero, PGR 3, Komeo, etc. One my original Xbox 360 box, the games were Viva Piniata, Gears of War, and others I can't remember. But the worst part was when I ckecked the manufacturing date on the back of the 360 console, and it said it was manufactered on August 1, 2006. I was a a bit surprised because my original was manufactured on October 12, 2006.

Do you think Gamestop lied to me when they told me it's a new console? I know I should have looked at the back of the box at the counter, and I feel like such an idiot for not doing so. Oh well...

But there are good news: this "new" 360 is about 2x quiter than my previous one! I mean, the old one used to shake my table a little when it booted up, but this one is nice and sturdy. And best of all, it is SO quiet compared to the other one when I play gears. I mean, it's semi loud at first, but then it goes down to a hum, yes a hum! I kept muting the TV just to akcnowledge of how quiet it really is! So yeah, I'm quite happy with that. Oh and it also keeps pretty cool, and doesn't seem to even get that warm after even a couple hours of use.

Even though these things are all great, I'm afraid that because it was manufactured in August, it might be defective or something, do you guys think I should be worried? Do you think Gamestop lied to me about the 360 being new?

MaChaorules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 MaChaorules
Member since 2005 • 4951 Posts
umm probably u should've sent it in to MS they actually fix your old one cuz my friend sent in his and got the same one back and it works
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
If it breaks replace it again.
Schizoidman21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Schizoidman21
Member since 2004 • 379 Posts
Probably. They give you 8 bux for a game then sell it for 40 bux...... It wouldnt suprise me. They are shady.
seajag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 seajag
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
the xbox 360 that u got in return was probably in the back of the store waiting to be given to someone because the kept getting new ones and that one just kept getting pushed back.
SmurfedPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SmurfedPG
Member since 2003 • 117 Posts
o my gosh dude i tottaly think they gipped u. The pictuere on the back is soo old how could u not see that!?! I think you should file a lawsuit cuz they lied to u.
D3monXg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 D3monXg
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
if it works i dont see the problem im still waiting for mine to return from repairs!
Avatar image for Screamin_EaGLes
Screamin_EaGLes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Screamin_EaGLes
Member since 2006 • 2278 Posts
you could return it, i have the same warranty. i got one manufactured june 2006, im calling them tomorrow and ask if i can exchange it without using the warranty. i got a louder disk drive so dont feel too bad.
Virtual_Erkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#9 Virtual_Erkan
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts
C'mon, why Gamespot should trick you? Do they have any problem with us? No! Like you said, the sound is quiter and it doesn't which means that it is brand new or even one of the highest quality. Please do not complain about that Gamespot lied to you. It doesn't make sense.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

o my gosh dude i tottaly think they gipped u. The pictuere on the back is soo old how could u not see that!?! I think you should file a lawsuit cuz they lied to u. SmurfedPG

I dont totally agree with going through with a lawsuit, but check up on your rights as a buyer....i know in the UK we have the sales act pre 198x ? Basically states that someone has sold you something by recommendation and if you buy it but doesnt fit the reccommended description, then you can return it again.

mattm025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mattm025
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts

the xbox 360 that u got in return was probably in the back of the store waiting to be given to someone because the kept getting new ones and that one just kept getting pushed back.seajag

That's exactly what happened. Hell, we still get some 360s at my store with the older art in the back. It's just that the older ones are put on the bottom of the stack as the newer ones come in.

lilmexguy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lilmexguy87
Member since 2003 • 109 Posts
rofl its pretty simple; of course its new. new as it NOT USED. not new as in recently manufactured. silly people *sigh*