dmc4, turok or neither?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

diablofan02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 diablofan02
Member since 2005 • 1461 Posts

ok well wich is better in these thing:

1. wich one is longer?

2. wich one has more replay value?

3. are either of them long enough to warrant a buy over a rent?

RichyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RichyRulez
Member since 2005 • 212 Posts

I'd say you rent DMC4 for a while and do some renewing. Buy Turok. Some may say it's buggy and such, and the campaign isn't GREAT, but good. If your in for some extra achievments go for it and then...XBOX LIVE! Turok on live is really fun, plus with the addition of the dinosaurs roaming wild, it's really fun!

EDIT: (Ugh forgot to answer your actual questions)

I don't know which is longer seeing as I have not completed either, but am in the process of doing so.

Unless you are mad for achievements, Turok definetly has more replay value because of the multiplayer.

Rent DMC4 with a renewal or two and then buy Turok.

diablofan02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 diablofan02

thanks allot, my plan was too rent one and buy one with a gift card i have had lying around...ill buy turok, wether or not it turns out good for me wont really matter. Itll give me a campaign to play throught at least 10 hours of online...even if i dont like it i can always try and get achivements.

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts

DMC4- buy

Turok- rent

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts

DMC4 - rent

Turok - rent

InFaMous_Si

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 InFaMous_Si
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts

your mum- rent

Avatar image for StuckInParadise
StuckInParadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 StuckInParadise
Member since 2008 • 570 Posts

I have not played Turok, so I will remain a bit skeptical but here's what I know about Devil May Cry 4

Its long. Playing it for the first time on human mode (easy difficulty) it took me around 7 hours to beat it with decent ratings on the 20 missions, A's B's and an S or two, watching all the cutscenes. Playing on the Devil Hunter mode (harder difficulty) it will take about another 5-7 hours, without watching the cutscenes. Now these are not boring hours, they are action packed and the story has twists that you wont see coming. The cutscenes will also make you love and hate characters and feel something for them. Not to spoil it but beating Devil Hunter mode will unlock another difficulty and the Bloody Palace mode which is like survival mode with 100 total stages. The new difficulty is even harder with more enemies and they grow in attack strength and numbers. Some enemies will have new attacks that you didnt even know about. Beating this mode which should take atleast 25 hours (counting the time it took to beat the other modes, and play survival mode alittle but not beat it) will unlock another difficulty. The replay value is high as the story is fun, sarcastic and dark. Playing as Nero or Dante you will have fun (Dante is more fun to me because of his different styles and his Devil Trigger) My suggestion is to play the demo (its on xbox live) or rent it to see if you like it, then buy it if you want more as you will be playing this game longer than Resident Evil 4. If you want to go further you should get the collectors edition which includes a bonus disc, and 4 episodes from the Devil May Cry anime which a reward all its own. Sorry this was so long but I hope it helped

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
id say get dmc but dont buy it just rent it
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
Turok looks funner so i would say Turok
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts

I'd get Turok any day, I'm not sure if it's longer or not, but I know the multiplayer is good, so replay value is good, and I would consider renting dmc4 first.

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts

your mum- rent

InFaMous_Si

Some people can be so witty :|

Rent them both then make a choice? Either way they're both alright games

gamespotter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamespotter69
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
i have both and DMC = longer, Turok = more replay value and Turok is long enough for just a rent i would say.
user5689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 user5689
Member since 2004 • 393 Posts

I have not played Turok, so I will remain a bit skeptical but here's what I know about Devil May Cry 4

Its long. Playing it for the first time on human mode (easy difficulty) it took me around 7 hours to beat it with decent ratings on the 20 missions, A's B's and an S or two, watching all the cutscenes. Playing on the Devil Hunter mode (harder difficulty) it will take about another 5-7 hours, without watching the cutscenes. Now these are not boring hours, they are action packed and the story has twists that you wont see coming. The cutscenes will also make you love and hate characters and feel something for them. Not to spoil it but beating Devil Hunter mode will unlock another difficulty and the Bloody Palace mode which is like survival mode with 100 total stages. The new difficulty is even harder with more enemies and they grow in attack strength and numbers. Some enemies will have new attacks that you didnt even know about. Beating this mode which should take atleast 25 hours (counting the time it took to beat the other modes, and play survival mode alittle but not beat it) will unlock another difficulty. The replay value is high as the story is fun, sarcastic and dark. Playing as Nero or Dante you will have fun (Dante is more fun to me because of his different styles and his Devil Trigger) My suggestion is to play the demo (its on xbox live) or rent it to see if you like it, then buy it if you want more as you will be playing this game longer than Resident Evil 4. If you want to go further you should get the collectors edition which includes a bonus disc, and 4 episodes from the Devil May Cry anime which a reward all its own. Sorry this was so long but I hope it helped

StuckInParadise

Qoute for Truth

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
im fixing to get the special edition sometime soon. i love DMC
craig305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 craig305
Member since 2003 • 588 Posts
DMC4 hands down very fun and lots of replay value.
diablofan02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 diablofan02

i would rent them both, but with school and work, i dont have time b4 i go to visit my family in ottawa, and thats where im going to buy them...i might even end up buying all 3 games: madden, turok and dmc. I have 80$ in gift card and i get a paycheck on friday so i MIGHT do that.

But thanks for any advice given