Disc Scratching Still a Problem?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaidz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaidz
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Ok I just wanted to know if the newer 360s like the Falcon or Jasper that have a Benq or Lite-On drive still scratch disc. From what I heard from some people, they say that the newer 360s with Lite-On or Benq don't scratch disc as long as you don't move the console while it's running.

Thanks to whoever answers my question =)

johnmatthais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 johnmatthais
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
i haven't had a problem with disc scratching but both my 360s have Toshiba-Samsung drives (yeah, the first one got busted =\ and then i tried fixing it and may have broken it more)
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts
Lately I have seen a lot of articles about Microsoft being sued because of disc scratching problems. But when I read them they always end up being about users that switches the position of the 360 while it was moving. I dont really consider that microsofts fault and the older problems of discs breaking seem to be a thing of the past. Afterall the contract microsoft had with the old producer of the equipment ended so unless they were extreemly unlucky twice the replacement in all the current 360s should have no problem.
Jaidz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jaidz

Really? Because I also heard that the 360 would scratch disc even when it was stationary but that seems really far fetch to me. Some people said it was only the Hitachi drive that did that supposedly but I don't know because I haven't found enough info to actually confirm that and I just want to make sure that my 360 won't scratch any of my disc since I just barely got it last week and $60 for a game is a lot for me and I don't want to end up buying another one.

Thanks ronnet for answer my earlier question, if the disc scratching stationary problem only occurred in older models I'm guessing the Falcon and Jasper versions with Benq or Lite-On should be fine as long as I don't move it right? Sorry if I'm repeating the question just want to make sure =)

zgreenwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 zgreenwell
Member since 2007 • 1140 Posts

Really? Because I also heard that the 360 would scratch disc even when it was stationary but that seems really far fetch to me. Some people said it was only the Hitachi drive that did that supposedly but I don't know because I haven't found enough info to actually confirm that and I just want to make sure that my 360 won't scratch any of my disc since I just barely got it last week and $60 for a game is a lot for me and I don't want to end up buying another one.

Thanks ronnet for answer my earlier question, if the disc scratching stationary problem only occurred in older models I'm guessing the Falcon and Jasper versions with Benq or Lite-On should be fine as long as I don't move it right? Sorry if I'm repeating the question just want to make sure =)

Jaidz
I have the old Hitatchi Drive on mine the the ONLY time I had a disc scratched by the system was when I let my Youth Pastor borrow it and he decided to move it while some kids were playing Rock Band. I am not worried about disc scratches with the drive I currently have and would not be worried about the new ones either. That is unless you're planning on moving the unit while playing.
Jaidz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaidz
Alright thanks for the info guys I really appreciate it =)