disc read error with installed disc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Links24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#1 Links24
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

so ive been trying to play bad company 2 recently and it keeps saying disc unreadable with a scratchless disc that is installed on the harddrive. all my other discs work even ones with scratchs not installed does anybody know why it keeps doing this? and bad enough the disc is unreadable that is on the harddrive but the disc is perfectly fine

killakill615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 killakill615
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts

well if its throwing errors with the scratchless disc and the DL from the same disc does the same thing it could be corrupted info on the disc itself ...try using it in another console or just trade it in for a fresh disc ...reason i say is this has happened many of times with freezing not reading and ect. on all sorts of discs on xbox....and a fresh copy fixed it right up lol GL man hope it helps

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

Is your 360 new or old? Mine has been giving me some freezing of late and I get that same message on most installed games (even if they work fine uninstalled). I had been thinking getting a new 360 would be the best option, but I'm not going to pull the trigger on that just yet.

killakill615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 killakill615
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts

maybe a ram or hardrive issue possibly but just a thought

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
Your hard drive could be going bad. I have a bum 120gb hard drive that lasted me 2 years but now it makes 2 of my games freeze. Forza Motorsports 3 and Fallout 3. But after transfering all my content and doing a license transfer to my new Xbox 360 Halo Reach S console I haven't had much problems besides with Fallout 3 GOTY. 50 hours+ worth of work down the drain thanks to my falty old hard drive.
Links24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#6 Links24
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

well this console is about 2 years old since i got a red ring on my last 1. but i installed all of my games that i still play on the harddrive and thats the only game that is unreadable. everything else works perfectly fine