Disc cracked AGAIN!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IONz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 IONz
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
ok, Whenever I try to put my guitar hero disc into the 360 on the dashboard it just says "reading" and the game never loads up, and when I look at the disc there is a crack on the top center of the disc. but there is no crack at the bottom. WTF! this has happened to my madden and gears of war. The game just doesnt play and there is always a crack on the disc. was it something I did? the console did NOT fall over when it was on or anything like that. yet this still seems to happen. idk what to do.
danlher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 danlher
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts
Send your 360 to Microsoft, that's not normal at all.
IONz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IONz
yeah but its not under warranty, will they still fix it?
thavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 thavon
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts

if it aintthe three red lights and you had it over an year probaly not

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

You'll have to pay.

What id do is..smash the 360 into a million pieces. And then buy a used Core off somebody. Dont let MS get any more of your money lmao.

hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts

You'll have to pay.

What id do is..smash the 360 into a million pieces. And then buy a used Core off somebody. Dont let MS get any more of your money lmao.

VinnoT

lol,

Just call em up and scream down the phone, they ought to give in and fix the console for free.

rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rob1101
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts
man that sucks having a broken machine, and its breaking all your games. thats alot of wasted money
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts

It's also possible and I would have thought, more likely, that it's due to you being too rough with the discs when putting them back in their cases.

I've heard of the DVD drive scratching discs but not cracking them.

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#10 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
put your 360 on, then turn off the circuit its on at your surge protecter, get the 3 red lights, lie to microsoft and see if they fix it for free hahah
sanandreas190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sanandreas190
Member since 2005 • 160 Posts
that's because the 360 is not built as well as the ps3.
Avatar image for crowbarfacelift
crowbarfacelift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crowbarfacelift
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

that's because the 360 is not built as well as the ps3.sanandreas190

You fail. Effin' trolls.

KURUPT_ON3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KURUPT_ON3
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts

It's also possible and I would have thought, more likely, that it's due to you being too rough with the discs when putting them back in their cases.

Gregoroth

Exactly most likely its not your 360 its you putting the disc back into the case just be a little more careful next time.

Roxas12934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Roxas12934
Member since 2006 • 1854 Posts
that's because the 360 is not built as well as the ps3.sanandreas190
i had a PS3 and it blows. i traded it for a Xbox 360 and its awesome.
daJonesy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 daJonesy7
Member since 2004 • 840 Posts

Hey Dude,

I think I have had this problem as well. I just took it for granted that it was me having been too rough with the disc, but my Gears of War cracked at the top and not the bottom and then it wouldn't play anymore. Luckily I was able to swap it for another copy of the game, but its interesting that you have had the same issue.

There is still a very good chance that it was my fault, but I don't remember ever being overly heavy with it when handling it and I generally tend to look after my stuff really well.

When I put the disc into my console after it cracked, it would just throw an error saying "this disc needs cleaning or is damaged."

However, the fact that it hasn't happened to any of my other games, leads me to believe I must have damaged it myself when taking it or putting it back into the box/console. :(

Anyways, I hope you figure it out!!

hoff2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hoff2007
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

[QUOTE="sanandreas190"]that's because the 360 is not built as well as the ps3.crowbarfacelift

You fail. Effin' trolls.

fool! get out!! hahaha

DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts
A crack? I don't think it's even possible for the 360 to make cracks on a disk when all it does is spin in a circle. Scratches, yes. Not cracks though.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts
First things first my suggestion would be to lay your 360 down instead of standing it up. Less problems that way. Second is to listen to the people who are telling you how to take it out of the case. Third would be to inspect all your games now before they break. See which ones are getting cracked and be prepared. That way when the next one cracks you'll know if it was cracked while in the machine or if it had a crack already starting and the 360 just helped it along.
DntH8me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DntH8me
Member since 2004 • 311 Posts

Yes a crack is possible. It doesn't have to be the user being rough on the disks (although that IS usually the problem) This issue will generally only happen with games that you are really attached too. RB6V is a very good canidate GeOW is another. Madden is possible, but not as likely. CoD series & I can see a bunch of Halo3 disks. Now that you are curious here is the problem that is over looked. The 360 gets internally hot....The game disks are plastic with some alloy mixed in for good measure....The games that you like the most rarely come out of the 360....You play the game for hours..You are on the dashboard for a few more hours playing demos or whateva (that game is still inside the tray)....The game gets really hot...Then you turn off your system & the game cools down....Then you turn your system back on and do everything all over again and over again and over again and....Well you get my point. Due to the heating and cooling cycles the game starts to develop a stress fracture and or makes it easier for you to create one removing the disk and putting it back in the case. But that's when it happens during those marathon sessions of 360 play. Haters, Trolls, and all others who don't believe---I throw my center finger to you in advance....Everyone else I appreciate you reading with an open mind. It makes sense.

A crack? I don't think it's even possible for the 360 to make cracks on a disk when all it does is spin in a circle. Scratches, yes. Not cracks though.DarkRider23

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

The 360 didn't do a damn thing to your disc, so stop pretending that it did. You are obviously the type that likes to remove his cds from their cases without pressing that middle button that unlucks the disc. I've seen it 100x before. People just grab the discs and bend them while yanking them out.

The 360 dvd drive is a PC dvd drive, just like any ou'd find on store shelves, It is not possible to crack your disc in it. A crack requires a bending of the disc.

farrell2k

BINGO!! Lesson for today? Take care of your property. :shock:

m14c79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 m14c79
Member since 2004 • 335 Posts
I lost Oblivion and R6: Vegas due to a similar cracking issue. I've never had any games, or DVDs, or CDs crack like this until 360.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

Yes a crack is possible. It doesn't have to be the user being rough on the disks (although that IS usually the problem) This issue will generally only happen with games that you are really attached too. RB6V is a very good canidate GeOW is another. Madden is possible, but not as likely. CoD series & I can see a bunch of Halo3 disks. Now that you are curious here is the problem that is over looked. The 360 gets internally hot....The game disks are plastic with some alloy mixed in for good measure....The games that you like the most rarely come out of the 360....You play the game for hours..You are on the dashboard for a few more hours playing demos or whateva (that game is still inside the tray)....The game gets really hot...Then you turn off your system & the game cools down....Then you turn your system back on and do everything all over again and over again and over again and....Well you get my point. Due to the heating and cooling cycles the game starts to develop a stress fracture and or makes it easier for you to create one removing the disk and putting it back in the case. But that's when it happens during those marathon sessions of 360 play. Haters, Trolls, and all others who don't believe---I throw my center finger to you in advance....Everyone else I appreciate you reading with an open mind. It makes sense.

[QUOTE="DarkRider23"]A crack? I don't think it's even possible for the 360 to make cracks on a disk when all it does is spin in a circle. Scratches, yes. Not cracks though.DntH8me

Dude. I have logged more time on Chromehounds and PGR3 till its sad. I have pulled out my games after 8 hours straight of gaming. Yes the cd's were hot, scratched or cracked they were not. Somebody is heavy handed and careless, thats all... And as a previous poster said, its simply a pc dvd drive. Obviously whats happening is after that disk gets hot,the tc is taking it out of the 360 and forcing it roughly into the game case. Thats more than likely where the cracks are coming from. :shock:

eTrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 eTrace
Member since 2003 • 3042 Posts
im in the same boat as you, my GH2 disk had a small crack in the center. i figure its the bad design of the GH2 button thingy in the case, it is quite rough on the disk... i sent my game back to redoctane with $20 to get a replacement and i will be switching the case to something with a better button thingy.
eTrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 eTrace
Member since 2003 • 3042 Posts
ps i have never just "yanked" out the game...
jayers228

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 jayers228
Member since 2006 • 401 Posts

[QUOTE="sanandreas190"]that's because the 360 is not built as well as the ps3.Roxas12934
i had a PS3 and it blows. i traded it for a Xbox 360 and its awesome.

yea dude the PS3 sucks A**

Arisugawa00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Arisugawa00
Member since 2004 • 267 Posts

The 360 didn't do a damn thing to your disc, so stop pretending that it did. You are obviously the type that likes to remove his cds from their cases without pressing that middle button that unlucks the disc. I've seen it 100x before. People just grab the discs and bend them while yanking them out.

The 360 dvd drive is a PC dvd drive, just like any ou'd find on store shelves, It is not possible to crack your disc in it. A crack requires a bending of the disc.

farrell2k

You are so full of it because the same thing happend to my gears disc and I an very gentle with my games. I have been playing games since the NES and disc gams since the PS 1 and I have never had any of my games crack or even heard of it hapening before the xbox 360 your just a fanboy who dosent want to admit that the 360 breaks games.

Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
I think it's time that all the posts, even the ones with issues related to XBOX 360 Should be posted at the Technical Support or something thread. I'm pretty sure alot of people will agree that this is a gaming thread, not a thread about your broken discs, consoles, controllers etc.

I personally don't mind but it does get annoying when it floods, like the Halo 3 Thread for example, first there's so many stupid Halo 3 Posts and Halo 3 Haters posts, I mean, what the hell? Theres already a locked thread about Halo 3 Which everything 'about' Halo should be kept there.
IONz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IONz

Gregoroth

well thing is. guitar hero is in my console 95% of the time, so I doubt thats the case.

and since its happened to my madden, gears and now guitar hero, my three most played games. thats kinda suspicious.