Disappointed with crysis 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Getix-01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 Getix-01
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

Am i the only guy disappointed with crysis 2? everyone i know seems to lke it.

I thought it would be like the original crysis multiplayer but its changed so much it just feels like a entirely different game. there is really no strategy to playing the game, you just run around and get kills. Where as crysis, the maps were big and there was more room for strategy behind your game, of course you got the guys running around with speed mode on trying to rush their teams, but thats all there is to do now.

IMO the maps are too small and i run into too many people walking around invisible with a shotgun, or with maximum armor with the detached turret.

Also the graphics suck, they shouldn't of tried to downgrade cry engine 3 for xbox, the shadows pop in a few feet away from you, and i've noticed that in some places objects don't even have shadows or reflect lights.

A straight port of cry engine 2 would have been perfect for xbox, it looks great and the xbox would run it easily at 30 fps

B1GFreakN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 B1GFreakN
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts

I agree. I'm pretty dissapointed with Crysis 2's demo. It feels spot on like Call of Duty. Anyone who says it's not is blind. Believe me, I'm not just saying this - I absolutely hate it whenever a new game comes out and all the people on GameSpot compare it with Call of Duty, it happens everytime. But, Crysis 2 feels just like Call of Duty. Where's the teamwork?!

I've had enough of Call of Duty, so Crysis 2 was a huge dissapointment to me when I played it. Both versions of the demo felt exactly the same. I played it for like ten minutes before I deleted it.

But hopefully the single player is good, because that's what Crysis is known for in my opnion. I just don't think I'll ever touch that multiplayer ever again.

Getix-01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Getix-01
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

I agree. I'm pretty dissapointed with Crysis 2's demo. It feels spot on like Call of Duty. Anyone who says it's not is blind. Believe me, I'm not just saying this - I absolutely hate it whenever a new game comes out and all the people on GameSpot compare it with Call of Duty, it happens everytime. But, Crysis 2 feels just like Call of Duty. Where's the teamwork?!

I've had enough of Call of Duty, so Crysis 2 was a huge dissapointment to me when I played it. Both versions of the demo felt exactly the same. I played it for like ten minutes before I deleted it.

But hopefully the single player is good, because that's what Crysis is known for in my opnion. I just don't think I'll ever touch that multiplayer ever again.

B1GFreakN
TBH the single player is going to be a let down for me too, i want to know what happens at the end of crysis :P
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
It's just a demo. How many maps? One or two? You're comfortable in writing the entire game off after playing an MP demo with only a couple of maps? Whatever.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

you guys are giving up on the game based off 2 demo maps, limited game types and classes?

B1GFreakN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 B1GFreakN

Yes, the graphics are spectacular. I'm not juding the fully completed, whole package product. I'm juding the multiplayer based on the demo. That's not an unfair assumption. I don't have to play all the maps to realize this is Call of Duty all over again. For some people, that's great, for me, that's really a let down.

I'm talking about gameplay. You don't have to play all the maps and use all the weapons to realize whether or not you like or don't like the gameplay. If you're saying you do, then that's crazy.

But, again, this demo has nothing do with the singleplayer. The singleplayer could blow everything else out of the water, or it could be as bland as the multiplayer demo. All I know is, the multiplayer sucks. That's all I'm saying.

Demos can tell you a lot about the game, whether people realize this or not. I feel really clunky when I play this game. I don't feel smooth and fluid like I do in other games. Everything feels sluggish and unresponsive and none of that will change by playing a different map.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I liked the multiplayer. It's not great but didn't suck and there's room for improvement. I'm sure they've got more maps also.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts

Theres tons of similarities between this and COD, and guess what? GAMEPLAY ISN'T ONE OF THEM. If you think so your observational skills are bordering on mentally defective. If "it's to much like COD" is your one and only argument, you have no argument. Just simple state "I don't like it." Don't try to validate it with flawed reasoning... Seems dumb.

B1GFreakN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 B1GFreakN

Theres tons of similarities between this and COD, and guess what? GAMEPLAY ISN'T ONE OF THEM. If you think so your observational skills are bordering on mentally defective. If "it's to much like COD" is your one and only argument, you have no argument. Just simple state "I don't like it." Don't try to validate it with flawed reasoning... Seems dumb.

YoungSinatra25

I actually do have an argument. I don't like Call of Duty. It's feels and plays just like Call of Duty to me. I know what an opinion is and I'm not pressing that on anyone. I'm not out on a mission to spoil all the fun for the people that like it - good for you, that's why the devs made the game. I can argue, and it would be a solid, whole argument that I don't like the multiplayer and it felt too much like more of the same to me. That's all the reasoning I need to not like it.

Telling me I can't make that judgement...seems dumb.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

the little beta they had was huge disappointment that i want nothing do with the name. i played 3 match's and was bored on the first one... There was nothing exciting about it whats so ever. It felt like somewanna-be game that added special powers to make a new game.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

A straight port of cry engine 2 would have been perfect for xbox, it looks great and the xbox would run it easily at 30 fps

Getix-01

um no

the ONLY reason we are seeing crysis on a console is BECAUSE of cryengine 3. the amount of foliage in crysis and warhead would have killed the consoles.

Avatar image for WretchedSpecter
WretchedSpecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WretchedSpecter
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts

When was the last time you guys liked a new game? All i see is hate for every new game, it's getting old.

I was looking forward to this game and still am. if you don't the demo thats fine but stop being a buzzkill.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LustForSoul

When was the last time you guys liked a new game? All i see is hate for every new game, it's getting old.

I was looking forward to this game and still am. if you don't the demo thats fine but stop being a buzzkill.

WretchedSpecter
Yeah. I notice they hate on all new games and say they wish games were more like before. "good old times, planescape torment, they don't make 'em like that anymore". I'll be pre-ordering my crysis 2 copy, you guys play nothing.
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fadeetoblackk
Member since 2011 • 459 Posts

It doesn't feel like COD but it is very similar. It is possible to work together but strategy seems very limited. Also, something about it makes it get boring so fast. I have not found myself ever craving more after playing a few games. It is bland and unless they change a lot the game is not worth picking up. Then again the single player will probably be a lot better, but I need good multiplayer to shell out 60 bucks.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

I would have to see what other game modes they have, honestly.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

I'm disappointed with Crytek, for only releasing a multi demo of Crysis 2. They should know better. Crysis' strenghts aren't multi. If they want this game to sale, they better release a great single player demo soon.

skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 skeeter1255
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

I thought it was cool, something diff.

But the hitscan made me mad.

I would shoot someone , then on the kill cam it would show i never shot them so they turned around on me like i was a sitting duck.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LustForSoul

I would shoot someone , then on the kill cam it would show i never shot them so they turned around on me like i was a sitting duck.

skeeter1255
Demo's are unfinished products. They might have it fixed by the time they released it.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

[QUOTE="skeeter1255"]

LustForSoul

Demo's are unfinished products. They might have it fixed by the time they released it.

that still dosn't fix the boreing Mp the game is going to offer... i played 3 matchs and wanted to turn off my xbox on the first one.... A new game shouldn't make you want to turn it off on the first round...

B1GFreakN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 B1GFreakN

that still dosn't fix the boring Mp the game is going to offer... i played 3 matches and wanted to turn off my xbox on the first one.... A new game shouldn't make you want to turn it off on the first round...

k2theswiss

well said.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I'll probably buy it so I will have something to do while I wait for May releases (DNF and L.A. Noire)

B1GFreakN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 B1GFreakN

Don't get me wrong, I think the singleplayer will be the saving grace of this title. Everyone knows the first Crysis didn't sell and become so popular because of the Multiplayer. To me, Crysis multiplayer is just a nice bonus, it's just that this little "bonus" in Crysis 2 isn't my idea of awesome.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I never played Crysis 1, but the demo of Crysis 2 was very underwhelming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#25 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

The first demo was great other than people cloaking and beating you down. You felt like a genuine BA supersoldier. Now, in the second one, I'm almost scared to cloak, armor, or sprint because I don't want to get caught with no energy.

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

WretchedSpecter

Too much hate.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts
I have to agree, when I started playing the first thing I thought was "this game feels just like CoD." There's no tactics involved. It's just another 'run around and shoot people' game and doesn't really seem to have anything new. I really feel like it's trying to copy CoD which is really disappointing because CoD got old a long time ago. They must be trying to appeal to the type of people who buy the new CoD game every year and don't realize or don't care that it's just the same thing every time. I really don't like where the gaming industry is headed. Making good games is nowhere near as profitable as shoveling out the same boring crap that is popular with casual gamers every year.
T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

So sick and tired of people slapping the COD tag on this title when it is NOTHING like it. Can someone honestly give me some fair reasons as to why they say this is like COD?...and if you say killstreaks please stop. The nanosuit alone separates this game from COD period. It completely changes the gameplay style and forces the player to be much more tactical than the run 'n' gun nature of COD.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
i wish the demo had single player in it, the mp did not impress me but i thought the graphics looked really good. I think campaign wise it will be a good game but mp wise it will just be another shooter.
B1GFreakN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 B1GFreakN

So sick and tired of people slapping the COD tag on this title when it is NOTHING like it. Can someone honestly give me some fair reasons as to why they say this is like COD?...and if you say killstreaks please stop. The nanosuit alone separates this game from COD period. It completely changes the gameplay style and forces the player to be much more tactical than the run 'n' gun nature of COD.

T-razor1

have we played the same demo, you and I?

It's just like Call of Duty. You run around with a gun and try to kill people. There are no other objectives. You spray bullets and try to get killsteaks, many of which are exactly the freaking same as Call of Duty. You do not rely on your teammates, but instead try to be John Rambo for the duration of the match. Whenever you die, you watch a killcam identical to Call of Duty. After the match, whichever team had the greatest lone wolf that got the most kills wins. hmmmm. What game does that sound like? It definitely doesn't sound like Battlefield, Gears, Rainbow Six, Bulletstorm, Homefront, Halo, or any other popular shooter. It does sound a lot like the cookie cutter Call of Duty they release every year, though.

The only differences between the Crysis 2 demo and Call of Duty are the fact that you can do a few suit power ups, slide on the ground, and the graphics are better. The main reason it sucks? There is no teamwork or tactics involved. Being able to stomp the ground is not tactical. Maximum armor is nothing more than Juggernaut on the go. Cloaking is somewhat tactical, but if that the only strategy the game offers then that's sad. I soon grew tired of some dude cloaking with a shotgun. You call that "changin the gameplay style"? I can do that on Halo: Reach.

Crysis 2 Multiplayer Call of Duty with a some armor abilities.

Believe me, I hate it when people compare games to Call of Duty, but this game's multiplayer is spot on Call of Duty. The nanosuit alone does not seperate it from Call of Duty, not nearly enough. I know I can speak for many people, but we're tired of Call of Duty's multiplayer. They release it every year with virtually no changes, and it's getting tired. In fact, it's dead to me. It almost seems like the devs modeled this multiplayer after Call of Duty, and that's very apparent in both versions of the demos.

Hopefully the singleplayer will be pretty amazing, and I think it will be a really enjoyable experience. Crysis isn't a multiplayer game, everyone knows Crysis is all about the singleplayer.

I'm not writing off Crysis 2 before it even gets released... I'm just writing off the God aweful multiplayer.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

It's just like Call of Duty. You run around with a gun and try to kill people. There are no other objectives. You spray bullets and try to get killsteaks, many of which are exactly the freaking same as Call of Duty. You do not rely on your teammates, but instead try to be John Rambo for the duration of the match. Whenever you die, you watch a killcam identical to Call of Duty. After the match, whichever team had the greatest lone wolf that got the most kills wins. hmmmm. What game does that sound like? It definitely doesn't sound like Battlefield, Gears, Rainbow Six, Bulletstorm, Homefront, Halo, or any other popular shooter. It does sound a lot like the cookie cutter Call of Duty they release every year, though.

The only differences between the Crysis 2 demo and Call of Duty are the fact that you can do a few suit power ups, slide on the ground, and the graphics are better. The main reason it sucks? There is no teamwork or tactics involved. Being able to stomp the ground is not tactical. Maximum armor is nothing more than Juggernaut on the go. Cloaking is somewhat tactical, but if that the only strategy the game offers then that's sad. I soon grew tired of some dude cloaking with a shotgun. You call that "changin the gameplay style"? I can do that on Halo: Reach.

Crysis 2 Multiplayer Call of Duty with a some armor abilities.

Believe me, I hate it when people compare games to Call of Duty, but this game's multiplayer is spot on Call of Duty. The nanosuit alone does not seperate it from Call of Duty, not nearly enough. I know I can speak for many people, but we're tired of Call of Duty's multiplayer. They release it every year with virtually no changes, and it's getting tired. In fact, it's dead to me. It almost seems like the devs modeled this multiplayer after Call of Duty, and that's very apparent in both versions of the demos.

Hopefully the singleplayer will be pretty amazing, and I think it will be a really enjoyable experience. Crysis isn't a multiplayer game, everyone knows Crysis is all about the singleplayer.

I'm not writing off Crysis 2 before it even gets released... I'm just writing off the God aweful multiplayer.

B1GFreakN

He speaks the truth. I don't understand how you can not see it's just like CoD, right down to the killcam and killstreaks (UAV at 3, another at 5, and gunship at 7, just like CoD4). If you compare Crysis to Halo and then to CoD you'll see how similar they are. It's practically the same game plus armor abilities and better graphics. Makes me sad that gomes are trying to be like a series as boring as CoD.