Differences between Xbox One 500GB and 1TB?

Finchie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Finchie123
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Hey guys :)

So apart from the obvious storage difference, is there any other differences between the two models? Such as the performance or anything else, such as exclusive features to the new model?

If the main difference is the memory, then it would be easier for me to just get the old model and expansion memory...

Thanks guys :D

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Good question, I know the new 1TB PS4 has been said to be quieter, lighter and more efficient compared to the 500GB versions. Not sure if the same applies to the Xbox One, but I'd be surprised if all they added was more memory without tweaking a few things. Having said that the Xbox One is already whisper quiet (mine is at least) and you should have no problems if you choose to go with the 500GB one.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

If it were my hard earned cash I would get me the cheapest I can find while I save to get me a monster sized external HDD.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22388 Posts

As far as we know it's just a bigger HD... I'm sure some details would've surfaced by now if it had other changes to it (like PS4).

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

Pretty sure there is no internal difference besides the extended HD

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Regarding the machine, the differences between Xbone models are answered in the title of this thread.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Doesn't the 1TB console come with the new controller? The one with the 3.5" headphone jack?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22388 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:

Doesn't the 1TB console come with the new controller? The one with the 3.5" headphone jack?

Yes that is correct I believe.

Avatar image for thecouchpotater
TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheCouchPotater
Member since 2015 • 239 Posts

I've owned both, having picked up the 1tb model about a month ago (got a ridiculous deal). As far as I can tell the only functional differences are the larger internal HDD and the updated controller (better bumpers and 3.5mm jack).

There are a few cosmetic differences as well. The left side of the console is matte, as opposed to glossy like the 500gb model. As well, the chrome colored trim around the disc drive found on the 500gb is black on the 1tb model.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BattleSpectre

@thecouchpotater: Interesting, thanks for sharing your first hand experiences with the console.

Alex839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Alex839
Member since 2015 • 151 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Good question, I know the new 1TB PS4 has been said to be quieter, lighter and more efficient compared to the 500GB versions. Not sure if the same applies to the Xbox One, but I'd be surprised if all they added was more memory without tweaking a few things. Having said that the Xbox One is already whisper quiet (mine is at least) and you should have no problems if you choose to go with the 500GB one.

From what i understood, these new 1TB PS4 models are only available in Japan, for now. Those same 1TB models which are available in europe are the same as 500GB ones, the only difference is storage size. Not important to OP but it`s worth mentioning.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BattleSpectre

@alex839: Is there a link to this information? That's interesting, because they said they would ship these new 1TB consoles to Japan and Europe first before anywhere else, so I'd imagine pretty much all the new 1TB PS4's offer these improvements. If not that would seem pretty stupid, no?

Alex839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Alex839
Member since 2015 • 151 Posts

@BattleSpectre: Here`s the link mate: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/sony-announces-a-1tb-ps4-and-one-that-s-slightly-lighter-1297405

cooperb21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cooperb21
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@alex839: Is there a link to this information? That's interesting, because they said they would ship these new 1TB consoles to Japan and Europe first before anywhere else, so I'd imagine pretty much all the new 1TB PS4's offer these improvements. If not that would seem pretty stupid, no?

Even with the improvements im pretty sure xbox one will be quieter console. Most people i know say Xbox one was alot more silent that PS4 you can hardly notice it running.

Note i only have ps4 so i cant speak to that but its what seems to be for people who have both.

Avatar image for thecouchpotater
TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheCouchPotater
Member since 2015 • 239 Posts

@cooperb21 said:
@BattleSpectre said:

Even with the improvements im pretty sure xbox one will be quieter console. Most people i know say Xbox one was alot more silent that PS4 you can hardly notice it running.

Note i only have ps4 so i cant speak to that but its what seems to be for people who have both.

I certainly hope the revision to the PS4 hardware makes a difference as far as the noise goes. I've had two PS4's which were both several times louder than the three Xbox One's I've owned. I've tried everything short of case modding or water cooling to quiet them down to no avail. Definitely my #1 complaint with the PS4.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BattleSpectre

@alex839 said:

@BattleSpectre: Here`s the link mate: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/sony-announces-a-1tb-ps4-and-one-that-s-slightly-lighter-1297405

Cheers for that, =].