Deciding...please, no extreme fan boys.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angelwolf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angelwolf1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I'm deciding on whether or not to get a Xbox 360. There are some games I want to play that also came out for PC, but I can't play it on my laptop.

What are you guys opinions?

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I think a 360 is a really good investment.

Once you get one you'll find there are tons of great games that you would miss if you didn't have a 360.

angelwolf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 angelwolf1
I think it's an great system, but I really don't want to pay for online when it's free for Wii (which I have) and the PS3 (Also considering)
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I would go for it, mate. It has a lot of great games out or coming out and the online and marketplace is pretty good. :)
millwrought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 millwrought
Member since 2008 • 2032 Posts

I have an Xbox 360, and I love it. Bunch of cool games coming out this year, so I am exicted!

I would get the PS3 in like 3 years, once its cheaper and has alot more games.

angelwolf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 angelwolf1
Hmm, well, I'll still consider it. Once I start making more money and everything. Though, I wish Microsoft would actually put the WiFi in the machine instead of a hundred dollar add-on. That's one of the things that get me.
matt120282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 matt120282
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts

i game on PC and 360 - there are valid reasons for both

if you dont fancy building yourself a gaming PC i would definately recommend a 360 - a lot of the games for PC come out for it now (albeit a little watered down oftentimes) because the architecture is quite similar they are realtively easy to port (as i understand it please forgive me if this is hideously inaccurate)

angelwolf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angelwolf1
With PC's, they tend to be costly on frequent upgrades to play the latest game, so, I think a 360 would be better, still unsure. Still a lot of money to me.
RiverDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RiverDan
Member since 2004 • 350 Posts
I own a Wii,and a 360. I plan on getting the MGS4 PS3 bundle. (June 12) I rarely touch my Wii. But put a ton of great gaming time into my 360. That's the plus. I have had a few RRoD, which sucks.
vargazm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 vargazm23
Member since 2005 • 1551 Posts
so heres the deal. i just bought a gaming PC...with the monitor it came out to 1500. i can run crysis on max settings..its a little slow but not bad. on high...it runs like i'm playing solitare. i also bought Witcher, and fall of liberty. a gaming PC is awesome but i also have all 3 consoles. i play my 360 the most, it has the best games..best online service..with lots of downloadable content. i would deffinately suggest the 360. even though i have a PC that can handle any game...if the game is also released on the 360, i'll get the 360 version.
Avatar image for gamecubedave000
gamecubedave000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

#11 gamecubedave000
Member since 2005 • 5967 Posts

Once you get one you'll find there are tons of great games that you would miss if you didn't have a 360.

msdd9
I agree, the 360 is an amazing system with plenty of great titles out and more soon to come. definite buy
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
tons of games ive had both a ps3 and 360 and i ended up selling the ps3
UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts
pc & 360 is a extreamly good pair
angelwolf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 angelwolf1
Thanks guys for your help.
ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShadowsRunner
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts
i think you should get one but I bet it will only last for a year IF YOU"RE LUCKY. Or if u want ur xbox 360 to last forever then u have to do a whole loads of stuff which involves opening up ur xbox 360 and change a few thing in there so u CAN"T get RROD
ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ShadowsRunner
I'm not suggesting u not to buy an xbox 360 but if u will buy one then u have to change (mod) stuffs inside the 360 so u dun have to suffer from RROD lolz. =P it's just a suggestion in case ur worried about the RROD.
Halochief_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 Halochief_101
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
get one, theres alot of good games out

Dead rising

Mass Effect

Oblivion

DMC 4

RB6 Vegas

Halo 3

LO

fable 2 ( NOY )

and lots more
rawlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#18 rawlu
Member since 2004 • 83 Posts
trust me,its much better to pay for online then free anyday,free service = you get what you pay for = SUCKS!.
Avatar image for Del_The_Prophet
Del_The_Prophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Del_The_Prophet
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
There is nothing better than playing on a 360. I used to game on my PC until I got my 360. It's a thing of the past for me now. The Xbox is the greatest all-around gaming platform right now as far as graphics, on-line, game selection, ingenuity, and fun. I never used to play video games as much as I do now. Plus, I use it as my DVD player. Wow...I kinda sound like a fan boy. Sorry about that. SORRY EVERYONE! Anyway, 360 rocks. No doubt about it.
Avatar image for Del_The_Prophet
Del_The_Prophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Del_The_Prophet
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts

I'm not suggesting u not to buy an xbox 360 but if u will buy one then u have to change (mod) stuffs inside the 360 so u dun have to suffer from RROD lolz. =P it's just a suggestion in case ur worried about the RROD.ShadowsRunner

Don't listen to this guy. I never had to mod my 360.

FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
One reason I purchased a console was that PC gaming had two flaws. First, you had to continually upgrade your system to keep up with the demands of the new games that required better hardware, it was costly. Second, the updates or patches that had to be download to fix the games was annoying. The consoles seem to last longer and there are fewer if any patches. The choice between consoles is a personal choice. I have both the Xbox 360 and the PS3. The PS3 offers a lot for the money. It has a Blu-ray movie feature built in, the next 80g coming out this Spring, in a bundle, has MGS4 and two rumble controllers. The limiting feature of the PS3 is it's library of games which do not, at this time, come close to the Xbox 360. But the PS3's online feature is free and also it's updates to the main system are free. The xbox 360 has fewer RRD posting now which means the system is getting more stable. The graphics between the two systems are pretty much equal. So, it all comes down to which system offers you the most of what you are looking for. No matter what your final choice is you cannot lose, enjoy the console gaming experience.
TigerGuy06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TigerGuy06
Member since 2007 • 345 Posts
My decision is a little biased because I don't have a PS3 and my PC isn't for gaming so I only game on my 360. That being said, I must echo a comment that a previous poster said. I have never gamed as much as I do now and I've been playing since the original NES came out. It just seems like I can't put my 360 down. I've only had one RRoD and it's been fine ever since. Also, the games for this system just flat out rock. Games like Gears of War, Oblivion and BioShock have no equal and this year's games will be just as amazing with Fable 2, Dark Sector and too many others to name. So if I were you, I would definitely consider purchasing a 360. I can safely say that you won't regret it.
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

If its purely gaming than the 360 is the one to go for. The online is not free, but its not alot for a year of online gaming and XBL is the most popular choice for gamers of the 3 consoles.

I slate the PS3 - BUT its recently become an ok alternative - its def a better gadget than the xbox. The price has dropped, if you are into films and have a HD tv, its got blu ray, its more reliable and it has some good games (multiplat)

The ps3 is lacking the exclusives however.

xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts

Right now the Xbox 360's the best console to have. If you want to play the good games now buy it. If you dont mind waiting another year or so for it to go to the PC then buy a PS3. This will PS3's year for games, just like it was the Xbox 360's year for games last year.

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
[QUOTE="msdd9"]

gamecubedave000
I agree, the 360 is an amazing system with plenty of great titles out and more soon to come. definite buy

Yup. Absolutely.
spidey008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 spidey008
Member since 2002 • 2309 Posts
I've enjoyed my 360 more than any other console that I've owned. I will be buying a PS3, but it is lacking a system seller.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts

i would say commin from a former pc gamer, that switchin to consoles is a great idea. i built my own gaming pc and when the xbox 1 came out i picked it up to play this game called halo. man its was fun then i found xbox live to be a lot more fun then most of the pc games online. slowly the xbox became my primary gamin system buyin less pc games and more console games. and now with the 360, i really never play anygames on my pc. i mean i have a nice 32in hdlcd tv to play these amazin lookin 360 games vs my lil pc lcd screen. an xbox live is very awesome and makes online gamin amazing.

if i were u i would deff. make the switch u wouldnt regret it, i occasionally hit up some of the new rts's for the pc but thats about it

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I'd get the 360, the amount of good games for it will cover any games you missed from the PC
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#29 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

xbox live

free trails on all arcade games

over 40+ demos

movies rents its like 2 bucks

xna~if u wanna join and make your own game and play on 360

alot more and leave the computer for non mutiplayer games like rpgs

jimmypop_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jimmypop_04
Member since 2003 • 114 Posts
I'm not suggesting u not to buy an xbox 360 but if u will buy one then u have to change (mod) stuffs inside the 360 so u dun have to suffer from RROD lolz. =P it's just a suggestion in case ur worried about the RROD.ShadowsRunner
Does anyone have any idea as to what this guy is saying? Anyway a 360 would be a great investment. Games are getting better and with games that have already been released that are amazing you will not be disappointed. Also about the wireless thing, you can pick one up on ebay at around 60 to 70 bucks, it is still almost 100 bones but it is still cheaper :-D Even though I bought a 360 it is my way of rebelling against Microsoft...silly yes, but rewarding all the same.
spidermanc2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 spidermanc2k
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts
360 is definitely a great gaming system. There are plenty of games across every genre, and it shouldn't be hard for you to find something you like. Just be warned that the 360 does have history of having faulty hardware. That is a risk that you will be taking when you buy one. However, if you understand this, you'll definitely be able to get some good gaming out of the console regardless. For the most part, just keep it in an area with some room to breathe and try not to leave running for long hours of non-playing time. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to have it standing vertical either. The most notorious problem is the RROD, but that particular problem is covered for 3 years from your purchase date if it happens. By the time that warrenty runs out, new consoles will probably be on the market. So game and have fun.
SHO_ONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SHO_ONE
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

I think it's an great system, but I really don't want to pay for online when it's free for Wii (which I have) and the PS3 (Also considering)angelwolf1

:) My friend, I know you don't want to pay for it, that does kinda suck, but when you look at it as 4 bucks a month it doesn't sound that ridiculous any more! The Wii has no voice chat and the PS3's PSN is Lack Luster to say the Least! I was in the same predicament you were in. I had a computer that needed to be replaced, it was getting too old and could last maybe another year and I also was looking for a gaming system. I asked around and first of my whole family had bought the 360 and they play it on-line and love it. One of my cousin however bought a PS3 and said he kinda liked it till he visited another cousin that had a 360 with XBL! Took his PS3 back and picked up a 360! My dilemma was Do I get a console or a PC.... Well I went with the 360, I tested one out at my local Best-Buy, you can check out my blog if you want to know the story on that, and I couldn't be happier. Later that year I bought a Wii for my kids and they love it the on-line sticks really there isn't any games worth mentioning on that system except you obvious mario or metroid remakes. I bought a PS3 around Christmas for myself and thought now I could see what this whole PS3 was really about! I can't return it anymore and it makes a lovly Blue-Ray player. The PSn,... which is free.... lets say theres a reason! Dude do yourself a favor and test both consoles out first! It took me honestly 2 months of research till I was convinced enough what my choice would be and that worked for me!

My Console Stereo Type

360 - THE TRUE GAMERS MACHINE, yes I said games not movies

PS3- The Media Machine, this system is sold all over and the demonstraion is always Blue-Ray movies not its games

Wii- The little Engine that's kick'n tail and taken names, Reminds me of the Arcade, Quick plays nothing you can't walk away form!

Demeritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Demeritus
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts

its a great system and worth the money to me, i own both a ps3 and an xbox and most of the multiplatform games i have them on 360 live is great and is worth the money, great servers and online play, the games are good though the red rings are a problem to be considered (ive had 2 of em and i kept my console in open ventilated areas) though the 3 year warranty is def good, all in all its a great system but just be aware that it does have flaws and if you get one look for a box that says 175W on it as opposed to the others as that version has the lowest chance of failure

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#34 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

definitely a great investment...its got a massive list of incredible games and its being supported by almost every developer/publisher.

get one

fallenlasciel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fallenlasciel
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
A 360 definitely especially if you get Xbox Live, it makes every game ten times better and the downloadable content and the fact that you can still watch movies with it and play music on it.
Cipher92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cipher92
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts
I was a storng nintendo fanboy before, and then last summer got a 360, and I have to say, i'm pretty hooked ont. The games library is good, the graphcis are top notch, and the downloadable content you can get wihtout paying for the online playing service. $4 isnt that bad for voice chat during play, although i wish downloads of game content was free considering that you ahve to pay to play. But i hardly call that a huge flaw or anything. It's a good system an dI think you'd enjoy it.
a_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 a_user
Member since 2008 • 746 Posts

Well the 360 isn't the best system in my opinion, the hardware is very unreliable and you'll often have problems with it. If your 360 moves slightly while you are playing a game the disk will become scratched and you'll have to pay Microsoft for repairs. I'm sure you've also heard of the infamous "RROD," you'll have your 360 replaced or repaired for free (in most cases) but there's no gurantee it will stay fixed, the free warranty only last for so long, and it will take weeks on average. These are just a few of the problems so you might want to learn more about that subject before you make your decision. The 360 has some good exclusive games but there aren't many coming out this year and Microsoft has a habit of putting its exclusives on PC. Most of the great exclusives you hear about are often over rated and don't live up to the hype (Halo 3 for example) not to mention that other next gen systems are releasing much more exclusive games this year but then again not everyone is interested in these games and I'm sure Microsoft has something up its sleeve. Unfortuantely you have to pay for online play which isn't worth the small price in my opinion and other systems provide free online play with just as good service and PS3 home looks interesting even though Sony isn't making gamers pay for the service. Microsoft places advertisements on your dashboard that get in the way of dashboard backgrounds and themes that you pay for. The PS3 comes with a Blu Ray player which in most cases is very expensive so that explains it's hefty price tag which isn't really that high when you think about it. Microsoft on the other hand makes you pay for an HD DVD player which is completely useless now that Blu Ray has won this "format war." The 360 is a fun system --no doubt-- but if I could make my choice all over again I would have gone with the PS3 or Wii, my experiance just hasn't lived up to the hype. I love my 360, I play it whenever I can but it's just not that great of a system in my opinion.

ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
i love my 360. even tho im on my 4th in a year.you just cant compete with xbl and all of the great exclusives that there are on the 360.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

i would suggest u get both :P

i have both. i would say pc has more of a community i borrowed my friends halo 1 people r still playing that!! even though halo 2 is out. 360 the people play as it comes, if a game is old then they will stop playing that go to a new game. u will mostlikely find 360 games coming out to pc or vise versa but its all the same.

Torous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Torous
Member since 2004 • 915 Posts

Well, for the price tag of X36o it is a reaaaly good investment.

1. You will enjoy far far far better graphics than a 250£ PC, almost as good as a high end 1000£ PC.

2.There is a huuuuge variety of games already out there.

3.If the talk about Mass Effect bothers you, don't listen. The game looks and plays fantastic on X360.

4. Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2. Nuff Said.

chip1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chip1289
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts
I think it's an great system, but I really don't want to pay for online when it's free for Wii (which I have) and the PS3 (Also considering)angelwolf1
please dont compare the wii online to xbox live ever again the wii online is pathetic xbox live is the king it is worth every penny. truthfully though you should buy ANY system for the games if it has games you want to play then purchase it if not skip it
dsman418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 dsman418
Member since 2005 • 1755 Posts
i would recomend seeing if it ofers the games u wanna play
red-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 red-ray
Member since 2008 • 882 Posts

xbox 360 is extremely cool

library of games is a company of blockbusters

do that as soon as possible

ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShadowsRunner
You guys don't understand, do you? The design of the xbox 360 sucks and I bet u guys never have RROD 4 times in a month so u guys just dun know wat the f*** am I talking about. I'm just suggesting this guy wat should he do to get his xbox 360 running forever without getting a new one. U guys are just bunch of dum dum who never have RROD and just try to find out how to cure RROD. So lame
shorty8392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shorty8392
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
X360 is great if your like MP.