Dark Souls leveling

This topic is locked from further discussion.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I'm on my NG+ in Dark Souls and am currently level 52. I've been hearing that the higher the level you are, the harder the game becomes. So I put off leveling as much as possible and just sit on my souls. I guess my real question is, is there any truth to that? On my old character that I had to delete I was also on NG+ but was level 98 and when I went to fight the Four Kings, I was nearly impossible to beat and I did it on my first try on my 1st play-through. So should I level as much as possible or try to stay in a certain level zone?

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

I'm on my NG+ in Dark Souls and am currently level 52. I've been hearing that the higher the level you are, the harder the game becomes. So I put off leveling as much as possible and just sit on my souls. I guess my real question is, is there any truth to that? On my old character that I had to delete I was also on NG+ but was level 98 and when I went to fight the Four Kings, I was nearly impossible to beat and I did it on my first try on my 1st play-through. So should I level as much as possible or try to stay in a certain level zone?

driftingsilvia

The game does not get harder as you level up. It only becomes harder with every new game+.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#3 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

The way the guy at Gamestop explained Demon's Souls, is that the game becomes harder or easier when it sees fit. Like if you die a lot, then it gets easier, and if you don't die much then it gets harder.

So if if Dark Souls is anything like Demon's Souls then I guess ^^ that's the way it goes.

Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts

[QUOTE="driftingsilvia"]

Thefatness16

The game does not get harder as you level up. It only becomes harder with every new game+.

Yeah it only gets harder with new game plus. Seriously im not even done my first playthrough and im level 49. Im near Smough and Ornstein (sp?) Level up as much as possible
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 driftingsilvia

Guess I'll just keep grinding away then and leveling. lol

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Leveling is not as important as having leveld up armor/weapons.

I'm on NG+ and won't level up anymore as I don't really need it (lvl 60ish I believe), I want to have a killer armor now :D

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 driftingsilvia

Oh, I always put upgrading armor and weapons over my character level. Game is so much super fun that I can't even believe it sometimes.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Demons Souls would increase difficulty by 40% on NG+ and a further 8% on each subsequent playthrough. I imagine Dark Souls would be the same so level up all you want.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 driftingsilvia

I want to rebuy a ps3 to play the games I missed out on. Demon Souls was one of them. Is it very much sexy time?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I want to rebuy a ps3 to play the games I missed out on. Demon Souls was one of them. Is it very much sexy time?

driftingsilvia
Demon's Souls is very much sexy time. It's more punishing than Dark Souls.
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

[QUOTE="driftingsilvia"]

Thefatness16

This, the game stops increasing difficulty after NG+8 though.
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 driftingsilvia

ohhhh I love to be punished

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

driftingsilvia
leveling helps, but its a mixture of skill and leveling really, enemies are harder though and leveling is key.